Continue to give your pup the best start in agility with amazing foundations! In this 3rd installment of the MaxPup series, we will focus on building handling and teamwork skills, as well as adding contact training games! Worried about limited space or bad weather? No problem! Each handling and contact game will have a “full” format to play in larger spaces, as well as adaptations for playing in small spaces or at home! This class will give you an entire library of skills to help prepare for an amazing agility future.
All of these will be presented as fun games that stimulate your puppy’s mind without overworking her growing body. Get your puppy ready for an amazing career by teaching phenomenal foundations!
You can also add more to your training by registering for one or more of the LIVE handling seminars to augment the traditional online format. Want more interaction and instant live feedback? Choose which one(s) you want to play LIVE and get instant feedback! Or join us as auditor (included in all of the participation levels).
Continue to expand your pup’s knowledge of handling skills, and get going with contact training! We will address a variety of contact training methods to get you on the road to amazing contacts. This class continues the fun we started in the first 2 MaxPup classes.
We will be focusing on building skills in 4 categories:
- Wingin’ It! Complex handling sequences to build your skills, using just wings and tunnels!
- Concept Transfers Taking your pup’s handling skills and installing them into sequences (low jumps and a tunnel)
- Teeter Games A variety of games to build confidence and understanding of All.Things.Teeter!
- Contact Foundations Flatwork games and board games to pump up your pup’s foundation for contacts (stopped and running – there will be games for each!)
Additional Course Details
- Tracy Sklenar
- Independent Study Registration starts on September 9, 2021 and is open-ended
- Course originally ran live starting on July 2, 2021.
- Course material access never expires.
- Open to All. Best suited for pups 9 months and over.
- Working spots in the LIVE classes are only available for pups who participated in the 2020 and 2021 MaxPup Classes and are registered in this course as well.
- Course Structure:
- Each game will feature a downloadable video explanation and demo as well as a written description.
- Equipment needed (Classroom Only Working and LIVE seminar participants only):
- 3 jumps, 3 jumps bars or bumps (ideally wing jumps but can be wingless jumps), 1 tunnel (10 feet or longer), lots of tunnel bags, contact training mat, access to a teeter or wobble board, travel plank, occasional access to a long plank
- Space required (working participants only):
- All games can be played in small spaces. 40×40 is ideal for the sequences and other games can fit into smaller spaces. All you need is a small, clear space and good footing! We can tweak any and all of the games to fit your space 🙂
Independent Study Spot BLACK FRIDAY SALE 25% OFF!
BLACK FRIDAY SALE 25% OFF! Was $125, Now $93!
Independent Study students can view and read all videos/assignments/posts from instructor and working students, but student will not be able to communicate with the instructor in the Forum.