This year’s edition of CAMP will focus on current course trends to help sharpen up your handling skills to prepare you and your dog for the challenges you will see in the ring! And by popular demand: CAMP will feature LIVE training opportunities as well as the Mental Management Add On, for those interested in improving their mental game!
Get READY to step the line during the summer, fall and beyond! Sharpen your Masters dog’s skills, start your young dog’s trial career, prepare for big events, and everything in between! Streamline your handling system and improve your communication with your dog. Are you ready to raise your game and explore the fastest and most efficient ways to get your dog around the course? CAMP 2023 will take you to the next level!
Raise your game while developing your handling and teamwork, with our traditional coursework challenges PLUS special Evolution Skills Challenges and the amazing new LIVE classes! Learn more about the live classes HERE or here: https://forms.gle/zqGcxKTRsD5dFh6F8.
The 2023 edition of CAMP will feature:
- 10 week CAMP format, with assignment packages posted every 2 weeks (total of 5 Games Packages) plus sequences and skills sets from the live classes.
- Choose Your Training Adventure:
- Live Class Add-Ons: Our super successful and fun Zoom classes have come to CAMP! You will have the opportunity to add on a LIVE weeknight class (or 2 or as many as you like!). These classes will build on the Evolution Skills Challenges by bringing them into bigger sequences! All you need are jumps and tunnels, approx 40×40 space minimum and good internet access for streaming. The running orders will be determined by time zone. Classroom Working participants and Auditors are welcome to audit as part of their enrollment, and can ask questions during the live session as well. The live classes will be recorded and posted! (Click HERE to request registration or use this link: https://forms.gle/zqGcxKTRsD5dFh6F8 )
- Mental Management Add-On: Want to train your brain and improve YOUR mental management skills? Join the other CAMPers in a separate forum to learn how to get into the right ‘head space’ for dog sports! You will learn how to implement the 10-Step program and the “Magic Formula” for reducing anxiety, handling stress, thinking on your feet, preparing for events, and increasing mental toughness so you can train and compete at your BEST! This Add-On also includes live Zoom discussions on Mondays June 5, June 19, July 3, July 17, July 31 at 7pm Eastern (they will be recorded and posted as well).
- LIVE CLASS AND MENTAL MANAGEMENT ADD-ON REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE TO ANY WORKING OR AUDITING PARTICIPANT! Space is limited!
- In each Games Package:
- Full Course Work: Master the challenges you’ll find on a full-sized course – jumpers and standard! Each assignment will have 2 full Jumping courses and 2 full Standard courses!
- Raise Your Game Challenges: Sharpen your existing skills and add to your handling toolbox with the Raise Your Game Challenges! We will look at how to train the skills and handle the new challenges that are getting popular on course!
- Sequences And Skills Sets from the LIVE classes! The sequences and skills sets from the live classes, along with bonus sequences will be posted following the class for everyone to work on!
All CAMPers will have access to ALL of the courses, sequences and skills sets! Only the Mental Management Add-On Campers will have access to the Mental Management program.
Additional Course Details
- Tracy Sklenar
- Course starts on Monday, June 5th, 2023.
- Registration Opens: Monday, May 8th at Noon Eastern
- Registration closes on Friday, June 30, 2023.
- Course material access never expires.
- Competition-level dogs ages 18 months and older
- Course Structure:
- The course will consist of courses, sequences and training games posted on Mondays June 5, June 19, July 3, July 17, July 31 (every 2 weeks). The final day for video submissions will be August 19th.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to register for a working spot in LIVE Classes! All online classroom participants are welcome to register for the live classes, or watch and audit! The live classes will be recorded and posted.
- Live class sessions are held at 6:00pm Eastern on the following dates:
- Each lesson includes:
- Downloadable written instructions for each game and sequence
- Course Maps
- Video explanations and video demos
- Access to LIVE Classes
- Recordings of LIVE Classes
- Equipment needed (working participants only):
- Full Course Work: Full set of Standard Agility obstacles (all contacts, weaves, 2 tunnels, 8 jumps).
- Raise Your Game Challenges: 1 tunnel and 7 jumps
- Live Class Sequences And Skills Sets: 1 tunnel and 6 jumps
- Space required (working participants only):
- All games and courses can be tweaked to fit your space! Approximate space requirements are 80×80 for full courses. For Raise Your Game challenges and for LIVE classes, 40×40
- Type of participation (choose from any/all of the following, as well as assign limits):
- Working (posts videos of assignments, gets instructor feedback to all of these as well as answers to any questions posted, can actively participate in forum, chat and office hours) Limit: unlimited $299.00
- Auditing (can view and read all videos/assignments/posts from instructor and working students, will get instructor answers to course-specific questions posted, can actively participate in class forum, chat and office hours). Limit: unlimited $150.00
- Working: $299
- Working Plus Mental Management Add-On: $369
- Auditing: $150.00
- Auditing Plus Mental Management Add-On: $229
- Working: $299
- Enrollment in this course closed on 06/30/2023.