Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Rory & Nicole #98113
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Evening session on tunnels…. She’s got a pretty awesome verbal tunnel send! Probably 15-20 feet right now. Again, not sure my reward placement is good as I’m rewarding when coming back to me with food. I can reward away by throwing the toy but I can’t place it on the ground quite yet for reward without her stealing it. Should I tried a lotus ball for food or use my manners minder for rewarding the tunnel sends?

    Tunnel threadles went Great! I’m glad I saw your note that the threadle verbal comes later because I wondered about that!

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #98112
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Well here is Rory’s favorite lesson outside of the frog game. 🤣

    The tiny tunnel lesson was a big hit! I did some with toy and some with food but I’m not sure the reward placement is right (story of my life!) and I think I’m adding too much motion using the toy. Thoughts? We did baby level in the morning and then advanced before dinner.

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #98062
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    This morning we did a flash nose target session with a can cover and that worked 100% better! I gave no idea why but that’s what we’ll be using in class tonight!

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #98061
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    I’m glad to hear our rear crosses aren’t a complete mess! We’ll definitely take this game outside for our next session. In the meantime I tried to back down a bit on the movement PLANKAROBIX and used a small wobble board and rocker board. She wouldn’t touch them. They are now lava. 🤣🤣🤣 So in put them in there living room and the other dogs thought that was the greatest! FOMO finally won out and Rory is putting her feet on them again. She didn’t even want to touch the Versaplank! I may post some video of this later but in preparation for tonight’s class we are working on our nose target. This was hilarious as she did just about everything but touch the cardboard square with her nose. I’ve taught her a few different hand games (touch, high five and working in wave). I think the “wave” trick is stuck in her head and she just wants to slap everything now. 😂 Anyway, we took a little play break between sessions and then I tried just doing a nose touch with an empty hand. As soon as I picked up the card it was back to slappy feet…. 🙃

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97981
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Here is our 2nd session of prop game 2. I think lateral and backward sends are looking decent…. But UGH you’d think I had never taught a rear cross before. The prop just makes things so illogical to me. I spend so much time thinking about where to cross, what to do with me hands and how to reward. Help!!!

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97980
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    On to Prop Game 2. I’m really struggling with the rear cross concept on the prop! I keep watching the videos but it is sooo hard for me to envision without a jump bar and uprights. 🫠 I also think I’m flinging the hand that I’m awarding with (my dominant right hand). This seems too almost work when she is turning away to my left but is a disaster when turning right because I’m using the “wrong” arm. Should I be using the left arm here? Should it be subtle or recognizable? I really suck at this one…. No wonder she is so confused. 😵‍💫

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97979
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    1st lesson backing up tried with first sitting on a stool and then on ground. I think she starts grasping the concept towards the end. I thought the target mat would be useful but it didn’t seem to help much. Perhaps the biggest challenge was to keep her going backward in a straight line. 🙃

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97978
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Thanks for all of this! I am trying to post my videos little earlier for this package.

    I added more noise to the movement and noise game and turned things a bit upside down….. Rory was so confident on the Versaplank tippy board I tried her on the Cato tippy board. One tip and a bang and that became a MUCH larger challenge so it seems we need to work more on noise. Other surfaces didn’t appear to be too tough.

    Here it is….

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97688
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    ….. and Goat Tricks. I’m clearly not the IT person in this house. lol.

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97687
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Ok let’s try this again….

    Wraps next steps:

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97686
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Onward to Games Package 2:

    Here are some Next Steps in Wing Wraps where I mix up my Prop Game sends with my wrap foundations. 🙃 I guess I got a bit carried away.

    Lastly some Goat Tricks with Movement and Noise. Rory loves these!!!

    Looking forward to Class tomorrow night!!!

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97685
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Thanks so much for all of the feedback! Rory and I flew to MA the day after the first class to visit my Mom. Lots of learning in the airport, a new place and great opportunities for resilience conditioning walks!

    Here’s the latest “chapters” from our MaxPup video journal!

    Prop Game Sends and Commitment. I thought these went well and reminded how much fun a Brodie and I had with this game. 😊 I have a hard time remembering to send with dog side leg and arm so I had to work on that. I also tend to forget the “Ready” game because she immediately want to drive to her frog hat. 😂

    One more from package one…. Trying out the wing wraps with a toy reward. I need to remember to let her do the wraps independently and not with my motion. The struggle is real!

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97576
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Last one for tonight is some beginner Goat Tricks. I promise we did the “on and off” game but it was on the fly and did not get recorded. 🙃 I did realize that I should be working more 360 degree turns on the plank rather than 180s at the ends of the board.

    Rory seems to be doing well! I am doing what I can. lol!

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97575
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Here is a compilation of Games Package 1 Games… Since we were working some of these things prior to starting the Live Fall Session you might notice we’re using a larger barrel and some of the more Advanced Game versions. Things I struggle to remember are to look her in the eye in forward focus games and that I need to try harder to “win” when racing her to her toy!

    Again following directions is not one of my strengths so all input to clean things up is welcome!

    in reply to: Rory & Nicole #97574
    bostondirtdogs07
    Participant

    Here we go! Pregame 1 Prop
    Game Foot Target. I know I need to work the next step where I send her to it like we did in the first Live Class.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)