Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #98214
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    I think today is the last day to post and I’m on a bit of a training break (ended up in the ER after not taking great care of myself at the craziness that was WCO).

    We’ve already signed up for Max Pup 3 so we’ll get back to training as soon as possible and be ready to post when that starts.

    Thanks for all your great feedback this session and looking forward to MP3.

    Cindi

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #97911
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    We’re back from Washington and then a week at dog camp in Lake Tahoe. Not much real agility, but lots of hiking, trick dog training, k9 fitness conditioning, swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding.

    So, we’re easing back into actual training. We did some rocking horse turn aways to start.

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #97398
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    We’re back up in Washington for a UKI ICE trial for Ripley. I’m trying to be much better about actually working on my homework when we’re on the road. So here are probably four different short sessions over the past two days working on the bounce grid, beginning to angle the jumps, and using a dragged toy. We also did a quick session of the zigzag part two with the bar. These little jumps already have a connecting bar, so we started with just that, and then added a little locked in bar at about 8 inches. The weather here is a bit chilly and Vibe is a little bit excited, so I did switch to food at one point because I did not want to lose any of my valuable fingers.

    Also did a mission transition short session.

    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Cindi Delany. Reason: Added 2nd video
    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #97147
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    Yes, it was a super fun session. I love that our kids are looking alikes. 💗

    So, full disclosure, I literally could not remember how to do a blind cross on a wing wrap so had to go back and watch your video. Major brain blip. LOL

    Even after that I still did a reverse spin on my first try today. Apparently I’m just a spinner. I did work it out and we also did a bit of Get Out work in a short session.

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #97108
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    Today was more just about letting Macklynn play at our place so I didn’t really review any content for Vibe ahead of time, but tried to fake some of the Diamond stuff I vaguely remembered from watching that video earlier this week.

    We had Macklynn play first after some acclimation to my yard and agility area (with Vibe and my other pups secured in the house). She’s met Vibe once before at the facility Danielle usually goes to but he was young and obnoxious and she was just entering teenage hood and was not a fan of him at that age. 😝

    She did great on her turns today. I brought Vibe out for some no real interaction with each other causal leash walking around on the lawn and then he did his little turn while Macklynn watched from the lawn area on the other side of a fence. Vibe was really good about just focusing on his own work and we let Macklynn just watch a bit without trying to correct for any excited barking but letting her have some space. Then we let Macklynn repeat the stuff she had just been successful at on her earlier turn with Vibe on the other side of the field just chilling and chewing on a Greenie. She wanted to be aware of where he was but was super good and engaged during her turn even with him off in the distance.

    Afterward we took the kids for an off-leash walk/swim on the levee by our house. They were so adorable and I think she’s Vibe’s newest look-alike girlfriend. She ended up doing some cool herding dog stalking/walk-up/chasing play with him and it was adorable.

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #97013
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    We did some bounce grid work today. Will start to angle the jumps next on this one next.

    Danielle and Macklynn are gonna head up to our place tomorrow to train together. Any suggestions on things you think would be good for us to work on together since we’ll have more freedom to move things around than she’s had at the facility she’s been using for some of her sessions. I can check her thread for your recommendation so I can get stuff set up ahead of time if you wanna share info directly with her.

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #96946
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    Okay, we’re home and did a short session of Find the Jump.

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #96866
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    Our last 2 sessions at agility camp included some of our MaxPup1 style counter motion games and a bit of layering very similar to the new exercise that posted today.

    We’ll be home and hopefully starting to catch up on our actual MaxPup2 work on Thursday. But here’s some of that related work in the meantime.

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #96819
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    Just one fun session with Jordan today. “Confidence and Motivation” again because I was hoping it would be some concept games and flowy sequencing if we did any.

    Started with a cute problem solving find your toy game that doubled as tunnel/toy verbal discrimination. Then a more advanced version. Them some flowy lines driving to the dead toy then ignoring the dead toy. He has the mostest fun. 🥰

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #96795
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    We miss having you teach here. I remember how fun it was to get to run with you in person after having done online classes with you when Ripley was a puppy.

    Vibe is definitely having a great time. He did one session yesterday and one session today. I tried to pick some classes for him that were really foundational and just jumps and tunnels to avoid any weirdness with obstacles we don’t do yet. I’m letting each instructor know my goal is for him to have fun and think he’s perfect even if he gets anything wrong and that we’re not really here to learn new skills as much as we are wanting to just create super happy feelings. They’ve been very supportive so far.

    Here’s a short clip from a session that was called “Agility Foundations” with Stephanie Theis and then “Speed lines for confidence” with Stacie Kwik. I didn’t sign it up for the speed lines one due to lack of confidence, but just because it sounded like something that would give nice flowy sequences and let him go fast without too much super technical handling that we’re still building towards. She did have some nice layering options, and so we tried those and he did great. She was really thoughtful about backchaining through the sequences, which worked really well for Vibe and let him have a really high rate of success.

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #96642
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    Okay, we did some fun collar grabs and reinforcement switching today and Vibe had a blast. I did tape some serp stuff but looks like I never added it here so I’ll go hunt it down. There is a point at which Vibe becomes too aroused to respond to some cues and kind of freezes (not just in this session) when that happens it usually helps if I switch to high value food reinforcer instead of toy/hose stuff and/or play cheeseball ping pong pattern game. A hand touch is still usually something he can do so I’ll sometimes try for that first.

    Found the serp stuff I forgot to post yesterday. We head to Run Wild tomorrow for agility camp and Vibe has his own schedule of baby dog sessions so wish us luck. 😊

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #96613
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    Just a bit more zig zags. We did a few reps of the serp stuff but I forgot to move the camera so it just missed us.

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #96591
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    We worked on some zig zags this morning. No issues and he had fun. 😊

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #96567
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    Yes, he’s getting the ick from collar hold so we did break and do come in for gentle collar grab, treat toss, gentle hold treat toss, gentle hold ready/steady treat toss – etc. – all away from the equipment.

    On set point, we did also do lots of treats behind, break to toy with start lines but he is just too smart for me and he knows that “the game” is the agility equipment and the other stuff is just me trying to distract him from the real fun.

    Again, he fascinates me, so a lot of what I do is trying to avoid annoying him and giving him the ick so that I don’t build in any conflict for the actual game or conflict with me in playing the game with me. Training him is much more intellectually challenging than most other dogs I’ve had but SUPER fun and I’m having the best time trying to figure out what’s going to help us reach our full potential as a team.

    in reply to: 🐾💗Cindi and Kool Vibe (9 month old Koolie) 💗🐾 #96531
    Cindi Delany
    Participant

    We did some of that when he was younger but the last few times I tried he wasn’t really into it (as far as drag toy toy races).

    We used the practice ring at this weekend’s West Coast Cup for some find the jump regardless of the line stuff and some push wraps, wing wraps, threadle slice, push slice stuff in short sequences and he did really well. He seems to be starting to understand his job is to find the indicated side of the jump and amount of squaring up and take the jump. No video since my tripod was by the real rings to get Ripley’s runs.

    Home again and did some drag toy set point work and some verbal discrim on mini pinnie. I think he did well. We’ll work on this for a bit. We can’t do pillbug right now – ordered tunnels about 3 months ago from Canada and they are just now arriving so I’ll aim for some of that before we stake them down on a new course.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 321 total)