Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
karakolster
ParticipantUpdate video on Week 1 games
karakolster
ParticipantI was all set to take your suggestion and try the food toys when Tiva decided to play in the yard with the other dogs and I was able to engage her with the udder tug. I decided to grab a 2nd toy and she was switching back and forth well. I realized too late that I should video it so this is after almost 5 minutes of playing. I can tell she is getting tired, I would have quit except I wanted proof that she was playing with toys! LOL
I do have something I can raise the foot target on.
I’ve been out of town for a couple days so will work on the foot target as soon as I get home.karakolster
ParticipantAdding sending game and working on wrap game here.
She actually started by offering the nose touch to target and I shaped the foot target, so the nose is still a throwback. I’m trying to only reward the actual foot target. It can be hard to see with fluffy dogs though lol.
I haven’t done any of the games with toys yet. My dogs are all 99% food drive and 1% toy drive. I’m working on building toy play but as soon as they realize we’re training the toy becomes meaningless. I’m open to suggestions there!
karakolster
ParticipantHere’s Tiva playing the pre-games
-
AuthorPosts