Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
mgushchina
ParticipantBenny started showing aggressive/insecure behavior around new dogs, especially large dogs. When I pick him up or lean over him – he calms down a bit. He usually does tricks with the focus with treats, and he doesn’t notice anything around when I have a toy. I want him to be more comfortable/ignore dogs. It can be also ‘teenage’ age..
Sends to the platform with distractions in the class – I allowed him to interact with the large dog and he became much calmer around it.
mgushchina
ParticipantOne session today – front feet target with the toy. We had distractions around and Benny ignores it when we use toys. I started closer because he is too focused on the toy, so we did some short sends on both sides.
mgushchina
Participantcones with the toy – we had ‘disctructions’ during our camping, so I started with
the code close to me and he figured out:)
treats with cones – getting more consistent
mgushchina
ParticipantToy forward focus – I did blind crosses and 90 degree turns.
mgushchina
ParticipantWe are camping in the park, so we have some distractions outside. Benny is very focused on the toy play and he checked-out passing people when he grabbed his toy and was on his way back to me. But when he tugs or running with me – he doesn’t notice anything. Outdoor forward focus – he drives to the toy by himself, while I can do anything – standing still, running in the opposite direction or do front crosses. I added front crosses this time.
target sends – we did more on right to balance him out. Platform sends – added distance and rewarded off the platform.
mgushchina
ParticipantBenny tricks – sends to the object and platform (we worked on the platform for some time), cone wraps with food target and lots of play in-between to keep him happy:
Forward focus – we played restraint games before, we also worked on sends/wraps and offering wraps/tunnels, so I used the toy target with and without obstacles, sometimes running to the toy and sometimes throwing it after the tunnel. He looks comfortable with me rushing to the toy together.
-
AuthorPosts