Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 550 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97761
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    We tried the first part of the collection sandwich. Reese had minimal interest in driving to a toy today after saint rocco treat smells were in my hand. So, I’ll revisit driving to a toy. I left her pick this toy today, but she still wasn’t all that interested.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97736
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    My cone is about the same height as the laundry basket pop up. Maybe a tad shorter.

    I did the parallel path and counter rotation sends. She’s meh in enthusiasm here. I tried with a toy afterwards and it was about the same on the sends.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97689
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    We had very loud construction work all day jackhammering right outside. So, i waited until tonight to play games. I didn’t want any negative emotions attached.

    I repeated the send. The ready dance still feels weird. She just stares at me. But, she sending better.

    We also repeated the teo bowl game standing. Should i generalize this to a cone or wing?

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97659
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    We played two toy. My fjrst attemot she only liked one of the toys. So, i changed them to similar toys. We are still working on retrieve. It doesn’t happen if i sit still. She might bring it back part way if i run. Mostly, she grabs and chews on her own.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97618
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    This is the longest plank I own now. It’s 6 ft and bends in the middle. She organizes herself pretty well I think.

    I’m constantly working on “bring it.” Somedays she does and others she doesn’t.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97591
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    On course I’d use my dog side arm to point out a jump. But, I’ve never really used an arm cue before. I’ve worked a bit on a verbal forward focus cue for Sprite. It’s a work in progress though.

    I did try another treat toss toy race and I won again. It takes Reese too long to find the treat and eat it. I’d rather have her run at the moment and win. I’ll try the FC and call her. Usually she spits the toy out, but she returns to me.

    Here’s planks. She likes being up on things. Sleeps on a klimb if there or my ottoman.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97563
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Haha. Probably because I’m a leftie and usually use that hand to deliver food! Next time I might try to use cross arm to hold her collar so the closest to her head points out the line. That would be the back of my hand at least. I’ll try the fist and point method too.

    We did goat game 2. Reese had no trouble with the moving plank. She was less fond of the nubs or inflatable items.

    Also, toy races in the backyard. I only beat her when I tossed a treat. She has more speed in her than this. I’ve seen her race around with Sprite.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97533
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    I tried the forward focus game. However, I feel like my hand was a distraction. Are we supposed to grab the collar with the dog side hand and use the other hand to point to the line? She wanted to hand touch it again. It felt awkward.

    Most. Of the toy play is edited out for time.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97498
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    I repeated the two bowl game and used chicken. Why did you want the treat softer?

    Also, SSC with NN pillow. Thst was much easier for her to ignore.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97436
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    I can play with mechanics. But, I’ve tugged one direction on the toy and then switched. She still grabs near my hand. A ball on the end doesnt draw her necessarily.

    Here is novel neutral for SSC. Maybe next time I’ll use something less obvious. But, she stayed in the game.

    Also, I need octopus arms for the goat games. She LOVES the klimb elevated to sleep on. It’s definitely easier with a raised object.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97413
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Thanks for the toy links. The one site is really roadkill! I’m not sure I can handle that. So, I get my coffee and look for my feedback. Disappointed when there’s nothing in email. Eventually, I sign on to finish watching this week’s homework and see you did respond. Then, I found it in my junk folder! WTH…. NO ONE puts Tracy in the junk folder! Stupid algorithm.

    Yep, the closed fist is helping. I’ll film that again in a few days. I think I used kibble in the two bowl game or vital essentials. Reese is a chewer and she’s more methodical rather than speedy at this time.

    Are goat games supposed to be elevated items? I can use my Cato or Klimb. This is a cover for my Klimb, but she hadn’t seen it before. You can see she still targets the junction on the toy. This is a different one with more stuff at the end.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97386
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    What are your toy sites again? The toy I used is just over 3 ft long with a ball on the end and fleece. But, shes targeting the red bungee part by the handle. I can’t use 4 My Merles at the moment due to ridiculous tariffs.

    I’ll definitely let go of the toy. Is that still my “strike” marker? I do NOT like getting nailed. My skin is much thinner than it used to be.

    We’ve done 2 bowls and some cone wraps in the past. However, she never got much distance going away from me to the cone. So, I tried the laundry basket for the first time.

    I repeated the send to prop video. She’s getting better, but not waiting for the send all of the time. Since she wasn’t going before i still rewarded those hits for the effort. Also, I tried a few sideways and backwards which went better than the forward send.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97359
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    So, I tried a quick session this AM. She’s not understanding the send. When I use my arm she starts nose touching it or licking it. I’m supposed to look at her and follow her nose forward, correct? I’ll try later and film it. I’m terrible at the ready dance which you’ve seen previously! 🤔

    We did BC and I will tie two toys next time. I have a flying piranha! Why do my dogs all want to bite the handle? She’s nailing my hand and Mama does not enjoy that. We tried decel with food with more space too.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97347
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Ok, I’ll try niiiiice and try not to shout it. Lol.

    Ugh…sorry i was marking early. I’ll play outside with this next time.

    I’m a spaz with the ready dance and prop send. I’ve no idea why my left leg send is so wonky. I have a bad knee, but i can step straight. This needs more work before we try the side and backwards sends. Is this prop too small? Sometimes shes close or nose touching it, but we just started.

    Threw in a brief toss toy session. She sometimes brought the french linen tugs back. Sprite will give up a toy or chewy to the puppy, but i don’t like to reinforce stealing from a house mate. If they each have a chewy then Reese needs to mind her business and chew hers.

    in reply to: Ginger and Reese #97280
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hmmm, i cant use goooood. Thays my stay in put and I’ll bring food to your mouth marker. Other thoughts for prause? Thats the problem with multiple markers.

    Yes, Reese might be a lefty. I seem to get those. Im a lefty, so maybe I train that somehow?

    I tried both dogs with toys. Reese chases Sprite and tries to grab Sprite’s toy! Lol. I may play woth the French linen toy as it’s easier to grab and less “this is fun to chew.”

    I need more room for this game.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 550 total)