Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantWhat’s the purpose of the verbal? A turn away cue? I’ll have to think about that as I’m out of verbals.
I’ll work on being more timely.
Here’s strike a pose.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantThanks Tracy,
I’ll try to haul out the tunnel tomorrow. I’m not feeling it today. I’ll also do strike a pose with food today. I’ll work up to the toy, but we have the leap and grab by the hand issue. Since I’m still sick I’ll leave that for another day when I’ll have more patience.
Here’s adding the prop to the turn aways. She’s starting to leap through the turns a bit. What do I do with that?
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantOmg, this blew baby Reese’s brain. So hard to leave the toy behind. Luckily for me, she’s slow as she processes so I can at least get the moves in. Oops. I’m blaming my illness on my inability to follow instructions. I was supposed to do a FC and then blind. I just did a BC. No harm, no foul?
We then played baby tug. She brought the toy back once, but then decided to eat it after chasing it down. Switched to a French linen toy which she’s less apt to eat. But, her brain was gone after one toss so we were done. Retrieve is expensive for her!
-
This reply was modified 2 days, 10 hours ago by
Ginger McMullen.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantMy head is too fuzzy to do anything hard. So, we did SSC with the ball. It was pretty funny!
I also tried the Lao turn to the prop. But, she was trotting by my side and looking up at me. She’s not seeking out the prop. Should I work on building more value?
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantO, when we move on to the lap turn with prop we walk towards the prop?
Unfortunately, I got sick right after my trip so my head is a bit fuzzy. We mostly rested the last 2 days. However, I did SSC and baby stays today.
Reese is supposed to offer the sit, correct? I started with food and she just stared at me. So, I moved to a toy.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantSo, she’s not overly consistent when sending and doing the wraps as outlined in this weeks lectures. I’m hesitant to attach a verbal to a behavior that she’s not doing at least 80-90% of the time. Would you use for forward focus cue followed by the wrap verbal? She really doesn’t know either yet.
My forward focus cue is “gaze” since “look” is a threadle slice cue for Sprite. I don’t like different cues unless absolutely needed.
Here’s the lap turn.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantShe is pretty good with stepping over poles in a pivot as well.
I’m officially back and decompressing from my weekend. The dogs played and swam at my friend’s house so they are a bit tired as well.
Here’s hold the line with a toy. I meant to do right turn, but…. Guess she’s getting better to the left. The French linen toy isn’t super high value. However, she’ll bring that one back to me. So, it’s what I picked for today! Tugging between setups is edited. The high pitched whine is Ms. Sprite expressing her displeasure at being left in the kitchen.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantThanks Tracy. Part of the issue is I’m running out of space. The barrel is set pretty far from the hackberries which is also the fence where neighbor dogs might fence fight. But, there’s a big pine tree near where I’m running. I’m pretty sure that’s why I’m slowing down as I’ve no place to run. I agree she’s more thoughtful in general. Reese isn’t going to throw 15 behaviors out thinking through the puzzle.
We filmed a few things before Reese went on doggy vacation. Here is SSC with an open bag of treats. I put them by the edge of the entertainment center near the speaker and TRIED not to toss the treats too close. Afterwards I grabbed a French linen toy. She’s less likely to want to chew that and brought it back! That’s the whole toy session so I wasn’t too greedy.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHi Tracy,
She does take her time chewing and then often hasn’t swallowed when she starts to run. So, that leads to coughing up the treat! I filmed today before your feedback. A neighbor and his pool guy were out next door so Reese was a little distracted.
I can’t seem to get the ready dance part right. We’ve done some CU classes and she has a bit of a stand by going on. I’m still getting toy leaping. I’m not sure I was consistent with the verbal in this clip. Danika wondered about a lotus ball. Thoughts? I think she needs the arousal boost with the toy.
I might be able to film one quick thing tomorrow AM. Then, Sprite and Reese are going to a friend’s as I’m leaving town for 4 days to attend my 40th med school reunion.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantCould i just say “get it” as I let go? Essentially, I am dropping it on the line. I’m not excited by another verbal as I have a ton already. I played around yesterday in the living room. Sprite got the idea. Reese was hysterical. I was using strike and she leapt to get the toy and I let go. She leapt over the toy as it fell on the ground. I tried 4 times and got the same result. She goated over the toy each time.
We went outside today. However, it’s the start of hackberry season as the leaves fall. Parallel path was hard as she’s searching for her treat among the hackberries. I tried the forward send. She’s getting the idea, but she’s nonchalant about going to the prop. Why I did a post turn rather than a FC after the send with DOR is unknown to me.
We then tried toy races. First few good. When I used the treat to beat her she just basically quit. Next effort wasn’t better. You had wanted me to try the same thing if I won. I’m not sure that’s great for Reese. After I won twice she decided the blue soccer ball was more fun. So, that was a bit of a bust. She’s faster than the effort I’m seeing in these games.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantI’m not sure how to do that and get rid of the leap towards my hand. I’d use my “strike” cue. In the prior video as she came around the barrel she leaped in the air rather than run towards me to grip the toy near my hand.
How to I keep her paws on the ground as she runs towards the toy?
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantOMG Tracy do you ever sleep? Congrats on your CanAm win with HSM’s team! Very exciting.
We tried turn and burn to the opposite side with a toy drop. I’m happy to reports no hands were harmed in the making of this video! Tugging edited out. I also tossed the toy to chase in the yard once in the middle to let some brain steam off. I’m not sure why the pink leash isn’t showing up well. I just used okay as a release. I don’t want to add right and left wrap verbals yet as I don’t think she really understands the wrap part well enough yet.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantSo, what’s the “cue” for going around the barrel? It’s not on a verbal at all and she’s not necessarily understanding the step as a forward send. We tried hold the line today and I’m having similar issues. I’m just saying okay, but she was definitely conflicted with the toy there. Once she made an error to grab the toy rather than go around then she just sort of froze for a bit.
There’s also some SSC with an empty food bowl out.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantI’m glad the test is over. I’m the queen of happy clicking the incorrect answer! You did well.
Yes, she definitely wanted to go grab the toy more then go around the barrel. Do you think I need to add the bowl back? Sends aren’t strong for her yet. I’ll definitely try dropping the toy. Aren’t you ever the optic thinking she’ll pick it up and bring it back to me!
We did back up and repeated the collection sandwich. Her brain may be a little tired. Earlier today she did her first nose work class and rocked it! But, it may have depleted her puppy brain a bit. I used kibble as the treat toss. It’s hard to find and she was walking to me rather than really running.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantI hope your test went well and you have fun at CanAm!
We tried turn and burn. She’s not getting the send part great yet. Plus, I need help trying to change the leap in the air to get the toy behavior. She wants to grab just below my hand or where the toy meets the handle. It was better when I was ahead and had more time to uncoil the toy. Guess we need some toy manners!
-
This reply was modified 2 days, 10 hours ago by
-
AuthorPosts