Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Nicole & Rant (Blue Cedar mixy mixy) #97579
    pawtraitsbynicole
    Participant

    hahahaha training while sitting on the couch is my old lady happy place.

    >You were throwing the toy then doing some of the set up, so she gave you some judgey looks LOL!!!<

    lol the girls have no patience for this lack of preparedness.

    YES! I might leave Friday and drive to Payson, AZ for Toss and Fetch Worlds, but I’m not sure. I have a ton to get done first. If I go to Payson, I’ll leave there Saturday after the event and head to Indianapolis. If I skip it, I’ll head out either Saturday or Sunday.
    I’m so behind, I just remembered tonight that I need to get her to the vet for her last set of vaccines before I leave. sigh…

    Anyway, we worked on nose to target and driving to the tug today, but I only have one video today from the Teaching Deceleration and Turn Foundations: Drive To Handler lesson. I’m so uncoordinated, I figured I would need a lot of help with these types of games.
    I apologize for my terrible video. I didn’t realize I was out of the frame for a lot of it. So, you aren’t really able to see a ton. My house has tiny spaces! https://youtu.be/pUC1RdeoM3s

    Can’t wait to see you at CanAm!

    in reply to: Nicole & Rant (Blue Cedar mixy mixy) #97536
    pawtraitsbynicole
    Participant

    Hello! Okay, I’m still a work in progress as far as existing in this world. But, I have high hopes of improving over the next few months. I was out of town for the weekend and I didn’t have my plans mapped out and ready for me when I came home. So, mistakes were made. On the bright side, I now know I need to have my training plans ready to go on Monday when I’m home.

    Anyway, we only did one a foot target session Monday night and it felt clunky. I forgot to pick up the purse when and overall it just was meh. Oh, I also didn’t have Fresh Pet defrosted, so I was using hard treats, so I had to make sure she was done chewing before tugging so she didn’t choke to death. lol

    Here’s the link for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5xU09bvg6U
    to
    I did a second session in the morning in my living room since it’s a tiny bit longer and gave her more room be rewarded away from the purse. I think it went better and she seemed to be into hitting the target – so much she left the tug to do it again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EhH6DhMAOc

    Then we went to the park for some driving ahead. My tripod is tiny and was on the ground, so it isn’t the best view. Sorry! Hopefully, you can see something. https://youtu.be/6QdTyMuzhME

    I plan to get busy over the next couple of days and have a plan in place for while I’m on the road!

    in reply to: Nicole & Rant (Blue Cedar mixy mixy) #97297
    pawtraitsbynicole
    Participant

    Question – does she eat her meals pretty well, out of bowls? If so, then using bowls in the training will bring that conditioned response (yum yum food!) into training and the food use will get even easier here.

    No, she isn’t great about eating out of a bowl. I feed her meals in a bowl, but she is better about eating when we are training. Possibly because she’s getting tastier food – idk. She might actually see the bowls and think, oh yuck, there’s that puppy kibble mom wants me to eat.

    Here’s our first wrap with an object: https://youtu.be/X-XmrvXAGVk
    I started with the tug, since I thought that would be easier. The camera bag may have been too big? I felt like I needed to help her out and did a lot of helping.

    Here’s the first attempt with food: https://youtu.be/MUPifla4FwY
    She outsmarted me and I had to adjust. haha

    And this was our first driving ahead session: https://youtu.be/vZLhO6Fr6KA

    Hopefully, I’m not sending too many videos!

    in reply to: Nicole & Rant (Blue Cedar mixy mixy) #97254
    pawtraitsbynicole
    Participant

    Oh, she is for sure related. All the Blue Cedar dogs are pretty tightly related. In the last 10 years, they’ve had to bring in new lines, so there is some diversity, but most of their lines go way back.

    Drover and Sassy, I’m guessing. Drover is adorable! I’ve met Sassy, but haven’t really seen her at work. Drover is the typical quick-footed old line Blue Cedar that I love so much. Oh, I got to meet those pups when they were just a few days old!

    Rant does not care much about food. She’ll eat anything and everything off the ground, as long as it is not dog food. sigh… for the purse – foot target, I was using Fresh Pet chopped up. It’s soft and once chopped up, pretty tiny. That is just how she eats. lol

    I used air dried food for the bowl video that I’ll post below since I wanted it to be loud. You’ll see the difference there with how long it takes her to eat hard food.

    She is very aware of her environment. I don’t want to say sound sensitive, because I am hoping with all my might that she is not and will not be But, she is aware of every tiny sound and every tiny movement. She tries to catch ants and bees. She’s got some hard lessons ahead of her, and I have a management nightmare. haha

    NOTES FOR MYSELF: Okay, so next foot target sesssion, sit on something, work towards standing. pick up purse while tugging, tug every 3-4 clicks. Look at purse, not her being cute.

    This is our first try with the wing wrap – food bowls. I’ll use bowls that move less next time. My session prep was a fail as I forgot to bring my tug into the room. I did the tug session immediately after, but I trimmed the video so you didn’t have to watch blank video while I was grabbing tugs.

    wing wrap – 1st food bowl session

    here’s the first tug session, she did better than I expected. https://youtu.be/AW1WFcrT6KI

    Thank you!

    in reply to: Nicole & Rant (Blue Cedar mixy mixy) #97228
    pawtraitsbynicole
    Participant

    Here was our firs session of foot targeting with a random object (hobo purse). I dropped a treat at the beginning and Rant was sniffing, so I thought the treat was lost in it, that’s why I kept messing with it and then eventually picked it up and shook it. It’s easy to see what she has been heavily rewarded for (cute bow, scoot back and head down). Photo poses are important!

    sigh, can’t figure out how to embed my video, so here’s the link.Pre Game Foot Targeting – first session

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)