Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
ffluffy
ParticipantVideo camera is in a not great place but you get the idea. This went much better. I will try two bowls today to help her focus on something besides my hands.
ffluffy
ParticipantYou were right!!!
Of course we are in a small space but it worked!!
ffluffy
ParticipantWe tried the tunnel exits today to try and have some fun near wings. The first one went ok and then we couldn’t get the wrap after the go. I loved the wing closer and did it again but still no. I tried to show motion converging with his path but it wasn’t enough or?? Thoughts? And obviously this is what the drill is supposed to teach, so maybe I just need to move the wing even closer? It was so hot and I didn’t want Fizz to quit so we stopped.
ffluffy
ParticipantWe had such a good time bikejoring and hiking! I did not want to come home.
Here are some smileys. I need to work commitment on the wrap vs my motion. I obviously didn’t do enough foundation with that.
ffluffy
ParticipantOk. I will try it with a wing. And I will delay the marker until he is all the way around.
And I have been teaching his stay, it is going ok. I use his markers and he is keen on sitting until I tell him what to do next. It’s just so funny how I used to put so much emphasis on stays and now I’m like meh, whatever. My two year old staffy mix is in the same boat. She has an amazing stay at dock diving (Wtaf?) but agility not so much. Oh well. I used to be a good trainer, and that’s something…
Looking forward to today’s live. I will have to find good cell signal.
ffluffy
ParticipantHere is some more pre game, it went a lot better. I did some marker work yesterday and then this session was today. He is hitting the barrel so let me know if you have any thoughts on that.
I watched the set point video, I think it is hilarious that you think we have a start line! Bwa ha ha! Also, I have one jump and the barrel with me, no other equipment until next week. I will watch the other videos but we might be sol on some stuff.
-
This reply was modified 6 years ago by
ffluffy.
ffluffy
ParticipantHe did seem ok but today we had some more issues. I dropped a wingless stanchion on Fizzies head and then he spooked himself on the teeter. I also stepped on his toe. He is a very sensitive boy and none of that helped us. I also have a BIS in my house and I’m pretty sure his mind is else where. BUT we have been working and I will do the pre-game fro the next class ASAP.
I want to thank you so much for helping us and answering my questions (some of which I never asked, lol). This was an awesome class and I already recommended someone else take it! #wootaf
ffluffy
ParticipantI think it was a stinger, maybe his knee or toe. I watched video of how he was grabbing the toy from the ground in a different exercise and yeah, he crunches down and then turns immediately so of course he hurt himself.
I will get a holee roller. I tried some more wing wraps, and changed my position and I do think it is better if I am ahead but now he is anticipating my motion so I need to go backwards a little. I don’t think the pet tutor is going to work, he doesn’t have enough value for it.
When does this class end and the next class start?
ffluffy
ParticipantFizz hurt himself yesterday going for a dead toy so now I’m all freaked out about dead toy reinforcement. 🙁
This was from yesterday before he got hurt.
I was trying toy ahead and food from my hand. This was mostly good except the last one where I was out of position and he ticked the wing.
I didn’t do any work today. I’m so paranoid now. Why are dogs?!
ffluffy
ParticipantIt’s been over a week since I posted. Ug. But I was working on stuff.
Wraps
I have a question about wraps. I don’t like my dogs to take out the wing. I’ve always wondered if there is a way around that. Maybe just use wingless? Thoughts?
Tunnel vs Papa
I think this is going well.
I have questions about your cue for ‘out’ but I’m too tired to type them out right now. Lol.
And I have actually started working on stay. God forbid I actually have to train my dogs. Eek.
ffluffy
ParticipantHere is some tunnel stuff. I’m curious about his desire to come to me vs getting food or toy that has been placed.
I also have some thoughts on tunnel/jump threadle words. I trained with J and J when I lived in Canada and I used to go to their seminars here in AZ. I really like them a lot, they have great ideas and do wonderful stuff with their own dogs as well as helping their students. I will write my ideas in a post once I have organized my thoughts.
Do you have a course map of a jump/tunnel threadle discrimination?
Here is some work with fading the hand target. I think I need to work my threadle off arm signal away from the jump. He can’t come around the stanchion right now. His serp looks good. I marked before he touched my hand and most of these serp reps were fine.
I will watch the latest videos and get more stuff done. I am behind again.
ffluffy
ParticipantI thought I had posted this but I obviously didn’t or I did and my phone spat it out. Lol.
I am having so much fun with Fizzy and with this class!! Super great games to play with young dogs without using equipment!!
Anyway, here is some serp vs threadle. I left in one of the mistakes but I have literally never done threadle slices with him so I am very happy with this session. Can you give me any feedback on position, mechanics, etc? Fizz doesn’t have a sit stay from this far away yet so I am tossing a reset cookie to start.
I don’t have access to equipment until tomorrow.
ffluffy
ParticipantI watched some more videos so I will work on threadles and serps this week. Also will add a threadle word for tunnels, right now I don’t have a specific one for tunnels so that is new for me. Do you have a different word for both a tunnel with a threadle slice and a threadle rear cross tunnel? My guess is no, but maybe?
The word I am going to use is ‘papa’. It’s a long story, don’t think I am super weird or have a daddy complex or anything like that. LOL.
Here is some more work with the target. I was going to work sideways and backwards sends but I saw I needed to add distance first. I noticed that when I did the ‘ready ready’ to get him excited he barked, nipped at my hand, etc, so I stopped doing that. Can you give me some suggestions for when he doesn’t go to the target? I’m trying to build distance slowly and maybe he is confused? I will try to do some sideways and backwards sends today.
Also you mentioned that you were going to discuss the handling differences with the serp arm for threadles vs the off arm for threadles. Did I miss that in the videos or is that still coming? I use a verbal for serps and I use a verbal and an off arm for threadles (different word for threadle slice and threadle rear cross). Thoughts?
ffluffy
ParticipantI am doing an online certification course for scent work so I am stuck on the computer all day this weekend. But here is some work with the tunnel. We were working on me not helping with my hand so I have made a point to not lead him or follow through with my hand. I think that looks better and I am definitely getting better commitment to the tunnel both regular side and threadle side. What do you think?
ffluffy
ParticipantHere is a nice session of the target with FizzLin and I. There was one that send that I accidentally reinforced where he did not step on the target.
I think it looks better but I will continue to work it and maintain the value for the target. This is 4 sessions (I think) with play in between and I edited out the play. I am keeping sessions really short and using high value treats like chicken and stella’s dehydrated raw.
How long do I keep the bag taped to the bucket??
-
This reply was modified 6 years ago by
-
AuthorPosts