Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 551 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85637
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Ok, I’ll try the holey roller. I thought it might be too big for her. The blue ball is Sprite’s favorite. I’ll clean up better next time.

    We tried the decel and turn outdoors. She’s still having some trouble finding treats. And, my arm is still too far away! The last two reps had no food in the turning hand.

    I’ll give the pop up bowl game a few days.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85601
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    I’ll try the backgammon game today with treat toss.

    I was reading the marker lecture. I don’t remember how I taught Sprite to bite the toy in my hand. I’m not sure Dot is there yet.

    Here is afternoon toy races. Not as good, it it was hot.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85588
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Haha. Everyone wondering what’s in my hand. I’ll try the food toss. In the past, she wouldn’t come back and step on it. But, she seems to have a better understanding now. I fo believe she’s a thinker versus a doer at this stage in life.

    Here’s adding something to go around with the two bowl game. We did tug at the other end of the room and that worked well. You can sort of see it.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85580
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    We did smoking toy races this AM. Nit video, but she definitely smoked me. Here is front law target from the other day. This the the backgammon game I used for Sprite. Better, but not ready to move on to sends.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85565
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Ok, I’ll see what I can do with separating the toy and food. I’m not sure how to film that though.

    Here is various surfaces. No real agenda. I just wanted to see what she’d do. She wasn’t as good at the rubber disc. I’ve a larger one somewhere.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85553
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Yes, I randomly hum tunes. I’m not sure why the circus one popped in my head. Sometimes she really doesn’t want the toy as you’ll see in this session. I don’t want to force her. I’ll try to remember tying them together. She’s better with smaller toys to grab onto. Most of my stuff is too thick at this point for her.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85521
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    lol. You need to train me again!

    Here is the plank work from yesterday. I’m trying to do 2-3 short sessions a day. I do let her run in the yard with Sprite as well. But, I need to play more chase games with just her as well. I’m starting to feel better so that was easy exercise while I was sick.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85496
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    I’m giving her a few days for the step on the hat game. Yesterday we did goat tricks on the plank! She was stellar. Plus, the add novel neutral game from week one which I’m showing here. She wasn’t fond of the lawnmower noise.

    She is a baby baby. Took her on a walk around the neighborhood. She plopped down in the grass several times.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85458
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Sprite and Dot get along. But, Dot likes to bite her. So, I generally only allow them together outdoors so Sprite can run away. I have had Dot watch Sprite do the foot target.

    Here is toy races. Literally, she had just awakened for a nap. Doubt I’ll be beating her for long.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85435
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    This weeks games are going to be hard since they all require getting up on something. I’ll work on it more later today.

    We did the folding it in game. There’s a big lag between reps trying to get everything set up. But, she did well. I’ll also try the toy in the yard later when it cools down,

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85408
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Thanks Tracy,

    I can sit on an ottoman and see if that helps. She definitely doesn’t understand it’s put the paw on the thing. We can’t do any of the send work until this part gets understood. Yesterday she wants into biting the toy. So I’ll just whoosh it around. She likes that.

    Here is collar grab.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85386
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Here’s as far as we’ve gotten. She doesn’t seem to want to offer to come back and touch the object. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85296
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Ok, there’s not too much room in the living room. But, I’ll try to be more parallel. We repeated the two bowl game with duck nibs. Much better!

    I’m still struggling with the paw touch target. So, we can’t do the send homework until I get that down. She’ll touch it. Come off and then stand at the edge and stare. I’m using the bath mat for place training so I tried something else today.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85253
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    One thing about Covid…I’ve nothing else to do but train! lol. Feeling better though! Here is repeat drive to toy. There’s not a ton of room in the living room. In a week or so she might be okay outside with the distractions.

    She definitely seems to have a cute personality. A little voice is coming out as well. Hmm.

    in reply to: Ginger and Dot #85241
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Little Dot seems to LOVE dehydrated duck nibs. She didn’t want the toy so much when she got a smell of those delicious treats. Here is drive to handier. I need to keep my hand closer to my leg especially on the left side. Finding tossed treats is a work in progress.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 551 total)