Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 551 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #35346
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    We will work more on the tunnel bypass cue. Also, Sprite hasn’t done well with backside sends. She holds the line, but doesn’t take the bar. Should I try the exercise without the tunnel first? She loves tunnels!

    We tried lateral lead outs. I promise I walked line you said, but it was too much time to show in each rep. She took the jump, but had no idea there was a turn with me standing there. So much for lateral position being a natural turning cue. Gemma had the same issue, so it must be something I do.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #35209
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    Yes I see what you mean about the cones and pressure. I’ll repeat this one again in the future. Busy weekend with a trial.

    Our tunnel bypass needs some work. I’ll look at the first lecture again. Sprite was also tired. I’m flinging my arms around. She sort of got it, but it needs work.

    P.s. when does the next class start? She’s getting spayed in early June, so she’d miss about 2 weeks.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34999
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hey Tracy,

    More mission transition. Suddenly left turns look better. Hmmm.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34917
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Ok, I’ll try that one again. It’s supposed to rain again Thursday. Yes, I stepped on a sprinkler head. Meant to edit it out.

    We tried the get out game. I’m trying to run straight, but…..

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34895
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Thanks Tracy,

    It’s interesting as we thought she turns right better overall. But, maybe not on a turn away.

    Well, I need help with transitions! No surprise here. But, little Miss Sprite is starting to like running. She’s still taking off VERY early and not really adding in a collection stride. It all goes so fast and you make it look easy. But, I’m not slowing down soon enough.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34864
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    I feel like I need a catch up week. Life’s busy and a few days of rain. I’ll try the toy toy placement for the backside sends.

    I tried turn aways. OMG I had to think a lot on the mirror image rocking horse to lap turn to be sure I started the correct way and had her in the correct arm, jeez. I know I lift my arm before dropping it. Very bad habit that I can’t swim to lose…

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34651
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Ok, I tried to be better with my RC. We are still struggling with backsides. She holds the line, but doesn’t understand to jump back over. I’ll go find those lectures again.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34590
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hey Tracy,

    Too windy to have iPads on a tripod today. I totally saw that I should have tucked into the tunnel curve as I was too far ahead. Well, saw it in video review at least. I’ll try the pressure towards the center as well. Sprite isn’t as obstacle focused and went around the jump a time or two. So, I thin’ that’s why I went straight. But, mostly I was too far ahead of her. The old pull left to turn right that we aren’t doing anymore! Ugh…

    I’ll see if I can set it up again this week.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34472
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hey Tracy,

    We are having bizarre winds around here. Sprite is pretty distracted and there’s tempting treats on the ground. I’m not feeling good about the RC. Maybe I don’t have enough space, but I’m not feeling like I’m running the correct line.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34251
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Don’t worry, be happy song in my brain now!

    I’ll try 5 ft and the bigger bars to see if they lock. The toy isn’t long enough to stand straight, but I’ll see what I can do.

    Tried a virtual dog with the diamond drill bottom half.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34231
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Haha. I keep doing spins instead of the BC. Plus, I do have a tendency to not move out of the turn. I’ll work on that.

    Here is the grid with moving toy. I know you keep telling me not to worry, but she is not centering her jumping. I used jump bumps. Her style is very consistent of taking off early and landing right after the bar. How do I get her to center more? Should I decrease the distance to 5 ft? This looks like early takeoff to me, but she’s just learning.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34182
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    Ok, I’ll use a jump bump next time. My home made PVC bars are too narrow to lock in. But, I could probably try the ones I’ve purchased to see if they’ll work as it’s a larger diameter.

    Holy smokes my brain is exploding. I’m never mastered the tight turn BC. I literally have to think about which way to turn, which hand to use and I can’t spit out a verbal while I’m thinking about it all. Here’s my feeble attempt. Sprite was a trouper! I run and grab toy toy. Fun!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34112
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    You are correct that strike is the get the toy from my hand cue. I was half dragging it on the ground so I used get it. Changed toys to take out that confusion. She is still a bit unsure that “look look” is a release cue. On occasion she dropped a bar at 8 in. I still rewarded as she got the cue right, but that’s not ideal. What do you suggest in that case?

    Better overall? Am I wander too far from the jump? I agree the tunnel is in the way!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34093
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Thank you Tracy! Now I understand the threadle wrap better. Sprite has a lovely sit stay so far! I hope I continue to reinforce that for her.

    I agree I’m not thrilled with the early takeout and landing so close to the jump in the grid. But, I’ll try again with moving toy at 5 1/2 ft before closing the gap.

    We did strike a pose proofing. Serp still hard and one time she came over and instantly scooted through the gap into the tunnel. I left that one out. She did very well overall!

    Threadle were without error!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( Aussie) #34017
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    That makes sense about the verbals. I’ll see what I come up with. I’m having trouble visualizing the threadle wrap or your in in. Do you have video of that?

    So, these jumps are 5 1/2 ft apart and the bar is at 6 in. Does the spacing look right? So hard to judge as Sprite is much more thoughtful than Gemma who powers through everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 551 total)