Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks. Tried doing the RC with a tunnel in class. Not the best set up since the jump was by the ring fence. I don’t throw well for sure lol.
We also had another strange thing happen in class. Prior to our turn Dublin was going crazy barking and jumping up when the dog before us was running. I have never seen him like this in class. I could barely get his attention for our pattern game. He wanted to go play with the dog. It was quite shocking and actually embarrassing-
This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by
net.sand.
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Tried RC again and the tight blinds. I was on lunch so lazy and didn’t set up the tunnel yet. I think both went better. Smaller toy is better. I didn’t have the toy he likes outside with us this time. Toy mechanics for the blind exercise is harder lol. My verbals were not always used for left and right. Yeah did walk the blind with out him 1st lol. I don’t have that many neighbors so who care what they think 🤣net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy
I thought I did more tosses but knew I had done from hand a few times. We had the same issue the last time too and I did throw it then. Wondering about switching to a lotus ball for a few reps to see if that helps too. I am assuming a placed reward isn’t a good idea?net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy that helps.
Today we went back to RC work. It seems like he has great handler focus vs obstacle right now lol. My timing just seems to suck. Do I toss in more go’s?
I did learn he likes the one toy a lot and I shouldn’t have it out if I am trying yep use a different one. Toy thief 🤣
I did put a couple of backsides in. I thought those went well. Didn’t use my verbal though. Also messed up my verbal for the left wrap on the go and RC 😥net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks. Maybe I should have asked more questions before I started this one. It was confusing to me. I kept seeing what looked like a post turn to me and a couple I questioned reverse spin. I will watch the video again.
I am glad this is a smaller set of games this week. Should I try to do the wind in hair RC again before trying the tunnel version? Also question if we should go back and play with right and left mini Pinny before moving on to more.
Will we have extra time at the end of class to post like last session? These games are great but more complex.net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy
Today I did a rental with a friend so we got three reps in and one got cut short since the had to go poo lol. I didn’t want to move too much equipment so tried the diamond game as best as I could with what was set up. I got confused for a minute with the toy reward for the blind and tight turns.
net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy. Sorry I might have messed up and doing two posts. Not sure you saw the earlier one with the 2nd video from class and tunnel exits.
lol of course with the moving toy I will have to work on his staying 😂net.sand
ParticipantHi again
Got a lunch break and it seemed nice so we did the ladder grid. I think he did great. Excited for feedback.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
OMG I bet you got the looks at him humping the leash. How long are they teenagers?Thanks for the feedback. That makes total sense he him thinking it was threadle for those couple. Did I handle it ok?
I should have known he wouldn’t stay with how crazy he was being. He is bored and has to spend more time alone when I am busy with work. He behaves well but I see the energy after. We also will need to figure another time for him to go run since my going for field work needed to stop.I think I understand your next challenge for the serp but maybe a drawing?
Here is the 2nd turn in class. I apologize for comments. Was odd mood in class. We worked on tunnel exits. Only left. Looking forward to your feedback. This was a good distance from tunnel to jumps.
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks!
Oh no humping toy. Don’t think Dublin will do that yet. Got to love this time of their lives 😂
Today in class we tried the serp proofing game. Dublin did great. He was very into his toy and crazy. He isn’t used to me working so he was somewhat pent up. I still need to remember to open up my chest more for every serp. We only did the one side. Later in class we did some tunnel exits for our 2nd turn. Need to get that video from my friend. We had more distance between obstacles and it didn’t go as great but there were some good things for sure. Will share that later.net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy
I can try running a little more. I think the suggestion of starting near the wing will help and also doing more go’s.
For the other games this week do you think it is ok to do the ladder the same day as another game if the time is spread out? I am finding new job will get in the way of doing something every day especially if the weather doesn’t cooperate. These newer games have more movement so don’t want to overdo with him. At 10 months I do question his adolescent stuff showing more too lol.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks for the screenshots. That helped but I still am not doing great. Yesterday was a break since work was taking up time lol. Today I tried again and really tried hard on my timing and positioning. Dublin was way more distracted and wasn’t into the play as much. We played tug before this session and that wasn’t included in this. I was dork and didn’t check my set up prior to starting and one of the dogs went poo on his line lol. I had to stop and fix that and restart session and I lost him in between. He came back but seemed not as engaged. The last rep was really late on I think. Some good some bad in the others.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks.
Today we tried the wind in your hair with the rear crosses. I am not that great at this one for sure. He also was distracted with all the grass that was mowed. I swear my dogs want to be cows 😂net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
We got some of the zig zag exercise done today before it rained again. Hopefully I did this right.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
HUGE congrats on the job! YAY!!!! I am excited for you!
Thanks!!
I admit to laughing out loud when he went through the wing to get back to you. I mean, it is a left turn… Ha! Clever! And he is inexperienced enough to not understand to go around and not through
lol yes I had questioned it before I started but I was being lazy with the walking and carrying the other wings. He isn’t the 1st of my dogs to do that but he is the most consistent with it for sure. His awareness of space is so different lol.
Today in class I tried the 1st part of the serp exercise. My mechanics at the beginning were not great but I thought it went well.
-
This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by
-
AuthorPosts