Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 174 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96571
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy

    Thanks! We will work on that with him.

    I got the job offer today and start Monday hopefully.

    Today we tried to do the left and rights. Not our best session but some good things still. Left was harder. I should have used my other wings. Lost him and then tried to do more simple maybe I should have stopped.

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96532
    net.sand
    Participant

    Thanks Tracy. So hoping this job comes through.
    For the send to jumps, lol duh I thought of moving tunnel but didn’t think of just moving the wing. The rep at 1:47 was an attempt to have him go ahead of me with me at the tunnel exit. Did I do that wrong? Or are you suggesting that I do it with the jump further out?

    I forgot to ask a question. On the serp exercise with the backside. That would be my backside slice verbal vs the wrap one right?

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96523
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy
    Thanks. Sorry haven’t posted in a few days. We did have class Thursday and worked some discrimination and did play with max 1 tunnel threadle a little. No video though 😥. I will try harder with the verbals. lol right now it is still hard to get out the correct wrap verbals since I have never had two different ones. I keep messing up and saying the wrong one too. Yesterday went to dr and graduated out of the boot to an ankle brace. It is feeling much better but the stupid brace presses on the bruise at the top of my foot when my shoe is on 🙄. It’s been raining on and off here so not great weather and my grass is very very long lol. Today we did a rental at the farm and worked on find the jump. I am still not moving great so knew wouldn’t make position 1 and 2 very well but he was doing well with position 3 I think. I am sure if I curved the tunnel a little more I might have been able to hit those better. I am hoping it is ok to say the word jump to ask him to go to the jump. It is habit. During yhe session it started to thunderstorm so I am very thrilled with his being able to work. Poor dude got spooked by big thunder when we were leaving the building. He seemed to recover ok. It looks like some of this weeks games will be ok to do in the basement now that I can do the stairs better. Oh and keep your fingers crossed for me I think I am getting an offer letter for a job today or tomorrow.

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96323
    net.sand
    Participant

    Thanks Tracy
    So I tried some more of the tunnel exits and added the wing wrap. Lots to think about as I do these. All the new verbals and not moving awesome 😂 I learned I need work on the go for sure. Not sure why I am not getting it out of my mouth sooner. And my tossing of toys today sucked. I wanted to look back towards him like you said after the tunnel but I think my position made it feel weird. The 2nd wrap with the right turn felt better. He was a good boy. Did check out once and I am not fully sure why other then I question if he didn’t want to give up toy. Overall I do feel good about the session.

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96312
    net.sand
    Participant

    Thanks Tracy

    This might sound weird but I wasn’t sure which side of the wings I expected him to be on. When I did the left he pulled into me. I am assuming that was due to my position. With time I want him to wrap the wing and go back to the tunnel so I should have pushed him more. Right now since I am not running a lot I didn’t think to fix that and just concentrate on one left or right. Is that ok?

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96300
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy
    I did some more of the wind in your hair and tried to be better with the go go go. I thought that went ok. I also in stages between yesterday and today got a tunnel out. I really need to clean my stuff but it seemed ok to use. We did some tunnel exits. I know I was bad at getting the cue out early. I caught myself and tried to fix it. So some bad and some ok but not great. I will try the baby tunnel too based on your feedback this am.

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96267
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy
    Thanks. I figured since I am limited on the walking the stay for set point was a good thing to work on lol. Have to hold my criteria even though most of his stays are pretty good.
    Speaking of limited walking I am not sure what I can do for the new exercises this week. I should have asked my daughter to come over and put the tunnel out for me over the weekend. My husband comes home Saturday. I will see if I can get a rental in this week. I think my baby tunnel is too small to work the left and right exits. Any suggestions?

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96237
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy
    It has been rain here so couldn’t get outside. Today we were able to get out again. Lol grass is very long. My husband is out of town and I don’t want to mow in the boot so we will see what can do this week 🤣. We tried the set point with the toy. I did some treat tosses vs toy since the toy is so long. I will get the lotus ball as 2nd toy next time. I am thinking he was starting to remember to stay better with the toy. Hopefully I did this all right. Next we tried some of the smiley face with the wings. Other then me messing up my verbal of left supposed to be check check I thought it went well overall. I know he will move more when I can move better. We were both getting warm towards the last rep.

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96189
    net.sand
    Participant

    Thanks. I was thrilled she got it. He was excited for sure with the toy. Is it ok to toss toy back to him vs the food? Not sure which would be better but I question if it might help.

    For the wind in your hair is it ok to say jump before the go go go? Guess with the shorter distance I would think he should take the jump on the word jump or do we think that will come with time?

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96182
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy
    Thanks so much. The wing wrap was fun to see him try. We will work on the things you mentioned.
    We had tried the set point with a toy at class. I didn’t think we got video but my friend sent it to me overnight 🤗
    It was hard to see if he released early from the stay so I think I need to work on his stays more

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96170
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy
    In class we did the wing wrap tunnel discrimination. Overall it went well. I need to work on the new verbal more.

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96162
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy
    We tried the set point and the wind in your hair again today. I think it went well. I used a toy for wind in your hair. He liked that way better as we knew he would lol.

    For the smiley face game if I use wings how far apart should they be? Can I start closer just to get the mechanics?

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96103
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy
    lol yes I will remember to hold his collar next time for the wrap verbals. Lately I am a little off 😂

    So the ground was dry and I decided to try the set point and lazy wind in your hair. Figured the boot would get dirty sometime so better to see how it goes outside 😂. I thought intro to the set point went well until the last rep which he did more stepping through the jumps. I thought to end it on that one. For the wind in your hair I thought that went well. Sure it will be better with a toy vs the tossed food but it was good to see how he did. I was a little too lazy and not walking as much but loved that he was moving without me. Curious to hear your thoughts. Maybe I should have jump further next time?

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96092
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hey Tracy
    For the set point I am trying to figure out if I might be able to start that in the basement. He would probably need 6 feet between the jumps but I am not sure if the MM would be far enough out. Does that matter for the 1st time?

    Also for the wrap vs tunnel do you think my baby tunnel in the basement might be ok to start with too?

    in reply to: Ninette and Dublin (Golden Retriever) #96074
    net.sand
    Participant

    Hi Tracy
    Yes he has gotten so much bigger lol.

    Ok I will try Dig Dig to right and check check to left. I did quick video today with the cone.

    I looked over this weeks homework and will try set point and the lazy part of the one game. As soon as you said that I am like that is perfect 😂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 174 total)