Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Don’t think I will get another video in but will see. Thanks for this class so much!!Group class. I think she sees him get distracted when he is around other dogs or people. She had me try an exercise of coming into the ring passing people on both sides of him. It was hard. I had treats vs toy if I remember. Also in our other class he would disconnect to see one of the other puppies. He does tend to stare at others and doesn’t always check back in. Most of the time he is great if I have toy or do the pattern games. She suggested doing the games other places which I have already been doing.
Thanks for the info on other foundations. I had thought to start when he is a year old but question what other things can help with those skills that might be done now.
During the break I will pick a few exercises from the last few weeks to work on. Especially the newer verbals to help me lol
net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy
Hopefully you have a great 4th of July. Expecting some more storms here and not sure if I will get any sessions in. I am thinking about what else I need to work on or review for max 2. I am also questioning adding more distractions or people in the ring for my in person class. My instructor thinks we need more focus work. I am not positive why since when I look at the videos and he seems pretty engaged. Although I do have a toy. I know based on my field work with him I need to work more on recalls.
What age do you start other skills? I saw your other classes for teeter and weaves but didn’t see age range. I know we introduced the mat for contacts and I will touch back on that also.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks! I played with some of the countermotion in class yesterday but sad to say no video. My instructor questioned if he has more issues when I am facing him so I did some toy retrieval with me tossing toy behind me and me walking towards him without the wing. I think that helped a little too.Today I battled getting session in before storm. Since he seems ok with the noise of gun shots and thunder I thought it was ok to give it a try. We did the advanced part of the game. Overall I thought it went well.
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
We tried the toy placed on the ground with the counter motion. Not sure I did this one right. He seemed confused on my go release and maybe I was placing toy in wrong spotOh and I signed up for max puppy 2 🤗
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
In addition to using a bowl or target for the countermotion is he ready to move on to the advanced game set up?net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks. I do remember that Dublin had some issues with even doing the counter motion with the target. I will try again and as you suggested put down a bowl or the toy to help him. Should I be using any verbal for this yet? Not sure why but he is eating at the grass more. I don’t think I dropped treats but maybe he thinks there is some.
This morning we got out before the rain and did the deceleration game for a second time. I started with him on my left where we had more trouble with the straight. I think I did better with the connection but still need to work on it. I think he has the decel turns down well. Looking forward to your feedback or next steps.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Today we tried more counter motion with additional movement. I tried to release in motion. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or if he was just having trouble moving past the toy. It didn’t go bad. Just hoping I did the right things.
Hopefully in the next few days I can get my husband to help move the tunnel and bags out to do the rocking horse exercise. Otherwise it will be the little tunnel and one wing in the basement to start.net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy
Yes we can try the recall past a dog. He has two friends in that class so it might be hard to do but I think we can try. I will ask them.
Today it is raining but we tried the counter motion in the basement. It went well except for a couple of reps where I tried too much or didn’t look back enough.
Next class. Yes I am wanting a working spots working out a few things. Just didn’t want to lose the spot of you had restricted numbers.
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
In class yesterday we did some restrained recalls. He is such a good boynet.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy
Throwback to Baby Dubs!!!!
Awe my little guy. They grow so fast. I am so happy to have him and do this class with you. He has been great though all the ups and downs. I still don’t have a job so this work has been helping my emotional state so much. The job I am waiting for might still come through sometime this summer. Keeping fingers crossed.
One suggestion for this game: be sure to be connected back to him when you want the drive forward. If you are looking ahead and arm pointing at the line (like at 2:43), he questioned if he should drive to you (or change sides like a blind) or go straight
thanks. That makes sense. I knew I was doing something wrong but couldn’t figure it out. It seemed better with him on my right so I wasn’t sure what I did with him on the left.
Do you have a jump bump or something bigger for him to go over?
I have a larger jump bump and also pool noodle but the pool noodle I think is under 4 feet in length.
it seems to be a kind of decompression for them
The pieces he was eating was what came out from his tugging vs shredding. Silly guy. He had eaten lunch so I don’t know why the fuzzy pieces were so appealing 🤣. Still decompressing maybe like a snuffle mat?
Don’t have limit for working spots on max puppy 2? Trying to figure out options and how quickly I have to sign up to get spot.
net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy.
Today we tried the deceleration with a toy outside. I thought it went well. He held that stay with the toy well. Then we did just a quick set up and rep for the serp counter motion. I think he did ok with that too. I will add some movement next time. I messed up and didn’t toss the toy on the last rep. Not sure why he wanted to eat the fuzzies he pulled from the toy that were on the ground lol. Today Dublin turns 8 months old ❤️net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Today we tried the lead out and stay. Dublins stay for different things has been really good overall. He has even stayed for his duck retrievals in the field. Sorry I cut my own head off in the video but thought it still was good for you to see our repsnet.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy.
I wasn’t sure about my body position for the threadle. Thought maybe my feet and lower body not pointing forward enough.
Yes go is my release word. I think we talked about it on part one thread. If I want extensions I will repeat it.go go go. Or at least that is what I have done with the other dogs.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
I will try that with the toys. I know part of the thing is some toys are stuffy ones that are retrieved only and not tug toys. It is interesting to see his preference.
Today we tried some of the steps and threadles outside with the toy. The 1st rep was harder for him but he was good. My mechanics still need work. Especially on the treadles. The session was a little longer since I was trying to do both sides and we had the play in it.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
For the retrieves we often play with multiple toys in the family room but I have learned he has favorites and will not release and go to get 2nd toy while that one is in his mouth. If I hold the favorite toy and toss new he won’t go get the new. He proceeds to try to tug on the favorite. 🙄Thanks for the information on Myos too!!
Happy birthday!!!
-
This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by
net.sand.
-
This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by
-
AuthorPosts