Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Maybe he did think he hurt me. Or something weird with how close. I will watch himBrightons check up went well. He need the Adjustment but it was pretty normal for him. As he ages she has mentioned some arthritis in his wrist and back leg. He was a little off on his head and she also looked into his ear with scope and he has a ball of wax. Will clean his ears and see if we can break it up. She thinks that might be why the head shake. We will look over his meds and supplements to change out some things to help him. Good news was nothing major wrong. She did remind me after his meningoencephalitis he has always jumped a little different.
Dublin was very tight so maybe he was a little sore and stopped too.
For the grids once a week. Do you alternate them? Include set point in that alternating too?
Thanks again for everything!!
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
That was funny. I think we posted at the same time.I had questioned if I started him too far in the grid. I need to remember it’s not a start line. Ya he isn’t thrilled with the MM lol. I have thought about trying the ready treat for this stuff if I need tool. I will work with the toy next. He likes that better for sure.
Yea I thought Dublin was off. He has been sensitive a couple of times but usually it is when he bashes me running or doing in the house and I end up sayin ouch loud. He does the I am sorry pet me thing. I will watch and try to be careful in those times. Usually it isn’t when we are training. Glad I handled ok. I thought stopping and playing was right.
Will do on the backsides and grids. Should I change up which grid or focus on this one once a week? I was thinking some go and left and rights for fun too.
-
This reply was modified 18 hours, 5 minutes ago by
net.sand.
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Today we got out and tried the pill bug game to see if I had the right idea. I think we had fun.
It’s been great doing this class with you!! I plan to sign up for max puppy 3. If you have suggestions on which homework to do over the break I would appreciate suggestions.
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks. I will try those things.
It was hard to figure out what to show you since it seems like there are many follow ups or things we have not done. This morning we did the accordion grid so I could make sure I knew how to do it. I think it went well.
Next we did some tandem turns. I thought those went better than one ones we did in the basement but then something happened and he shut down on me. I tried another then he checked out. We played a little and ended the session. I do think he likes me a little further from the wing for these. Maybe too much pressure and I was too close?
Is tomorrow the last day to post? I might try to get something in at lunch if you can think of something you would like to see. We have our appointment with chiropractor after work.
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
We tried the lateral sends again. I forgot a 2nd toy to get the forward focus but I did try to do the physical arm send before the verbal. I thought overall went ok.
Next we tried more backsides. Those were not as good as the couple of days ago. Thinking it was me and my timing with the toy. Also me trying to move across jump too much.One overall thing I question with Dublin is if he really understands my release word of go and also his commitment to going over a bar vs just wrapping wing. I know a lot is me but as I said just seems like a feeling I have.
Hoping to sign up for max 3. Glad to see that we will have some catch up time with it. Hoping work will even out by then.
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
We got outside after work for another session and we tried the lateral sends. Overall I thought it went ok. He got distracted and spooked at the start by noisy motorcycle but seemed to recover. Tried a last couple of reps with the lotus ball.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks again for the great seminar. Dublin had a good time and I appreciate the help with Brighton. All the dogs have their next check up with the rebab/chiro vet Dr. Woodside next Monday. I will send her the videos of Brighton and see what she says. He’s running around the yard pretty normal but something still does seem off. The poor dude also had diarrhea as soon as we came home. He’s better now. unfortunately I have a cold now so I’m not sure what else I’ll get in this week.
Today I did get a little bit of time to work on some of the backside drills. I should’ve probably not done the one side next to the tunnel like I did plus that was at the end of the session so I think he was getting more tired. Overall, I thought it went very well much better than some of the other sessions. Of course, it helped that we went over that in the seminar too.one thing I noticed from watching my seminar videos. I think I was afraid to do a blind cross on that landing side of the one jump. I kept wanting to do a front to have eye contact. So that was just me being a handler that’s nervous. I will have to work on that.
net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
We got to go to class yesterday. Dublin was very excited outside the ring again but I was able to get him to pay attention with some pattern games. Some vocalizations and stares at the dog in the ring before us so I know I need to work on his focus more still. We tried some sequences and I feel we lumped too much vs splitting since the sequence was a little challenging. Of course I kept making mistakes too. We tried some backsides which showed me I need to break it down into your steps better. This week didn’t got as well as last but I know he was pent up too since I have been putting in some 12-16 hour work days.net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
I am glad you got to class! Burning off energy is a good thing for a teenage dog LOL! Did everything go well?
yes it went well. 2nd turn he seemed off but afterwards I took him outside and found he really needed to go pee. He hasn’t figured out how to tell me that all the time. I also should have rewarded a little more
When did he check out – at the very beginning? Or later in the run? Did the FEO runs go well?
He checked out towards beginning after weaves. Weaves were at the front. Feo went well. Saturday better than Sunday. Sunday 2nd run my handling wasn’t awesome. They were tougher courses for us. I can share runs if ok. I know this class is for Dublin though so I get it if not.
Thanks for answer on backside. That makes sense. I tend to not rotate as much so it might help me too.
I am very excited to see you Saturday 🤗net.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Thanks. Yes for the tandem I was trying to use the correct outside arm better by the end. I think if I had more room it would be easier.So this last week wasn’t much better but I did get to class Thursday. We worked a few sequences things to burn his energy so didn’t think would share unless you want to see class stuff. Then over the weekend I trialed with Brighton. Saturday we did one feo run and it went great. Sunday did feo 1st then two master runs. The last master run he checked out on me. Hopefully Saturday when we see you can get some ideas for him.
I was looking over the backside videos. Are you using your off arm a little to push the dog to the backside?
net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy. Once again a busy week and didn’t make class Thursday 😥
I will watch my mechanics for the tunnel threadle and make sure I don’t flick it. Yea I realize I had done the FC that’s how I knew I did it wrong. Overall I thought it went well.
For the decel wraps I do think he was tired. Maybe the wall. Or maybe if he thinks we will wrap he doesn’t go fast overall? I am excited to have you see him in a couple of weeks at the seminar. Maybe a lot more go play is right to get him moving. I am moving better so think he should start to speed up.
Today we did a little work in the basement. Did the lap turn, tandem and also played with left right Minny Pinny. Not as much room down there so tried what I could. I think we did well and am looking forward to your feedbacknet.sand
ParticipantHi Tracy
Yes I think he liked the out game. He seemed to like it with that target too. I will work on my feet and add a line on the ground.
I am so glad there is only one game this week. Between work and the weather it has been tough. We even missed our class Thursday night due to work and I know work will be busy the next couple of weeks 😥. Today we did a rental at the farm. Worked on the tunnel threadle and also the wind in your hair transitions. I know I messed up some of the tunnel threadles and didn’t do them right. Some of the others I thought were ok. The wind in your hair transitions I am not sure I did it right. He wasn’t moving fast so for me to slow down felt weird.net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy
I will say hi to Dana
I will also keep an eye on Dublin for physical issues. It’s so hard to tell. We didn’t get to do much yesterday because of the weather. Yes it is yucky. Plus I didn’t get to take lunch so couldn’t go to basement either. Today was hot but we did get out at lunch for a few minutes to work on out. I thought it went well. Just handler errors.net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy
This instructor is Dana Nelson. She has Ausies and a golden.
I don’t think the dog was in season. I think he was just pent up. He seemed off Saturday when we were tracking too. Usually he is nose down but he did some big running circles around me which was odd. I will add some distractions in class too now.
Today we tried the layering. I thought it went well until the end. He does like the tunnel lol.
net.sand
ParticipantThanks Tracy
I am glad I can work in these in class too. My instructor has done your classes or has them at least to look back at the lessons. Her view is another set of eyes for me is good and she seems ok with doing them.
The other dog wasn’t new. I can not remember if he had seen her run before. She is a pitty mix. Smaller brown dog. It is interesting since his little BC friend is in class and he has not reacted to her like that. She wasn’t her this week so it will be interesting to see next week how he is. I know his being cooped up more for a second week has not helped. I will come prepared with some better treats next time. Thanks for the suggestion of the meatballs. He seems big into string cheese right now too. I definitely will have the instructor or a friend toss the reward. I had wondered about putting more people into that ring but on some of these harder skills I wasn’t sure if he might check out too much. -
This reply was modified 18 hours, 5 minutes ago by
-
AuthorPosts