Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #97962
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    The Starfish

    As a general finding, I think I do too many repetitions. Rusty is always more enthusiastic in the first few reps. The end of this series is pretty lackluster. Once the Nor’easrer has passed, I will do some more work on it.

    Look forward to your feedback

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #97933
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Backside Challenges

    He seemed to catch on to this pretty quickly. I did a couple turns to the tunnel and a couple blinds, both of which he read well. I need to practice the other direction and do the Advanced level.

    In terms of your comments about my use of cues . . . I think that the cue should function as the release to do the next thing, that is, what you just cued. So after a stopped contact, for example, I would just give the cue for the next obstacle, not a release from the contact and then the cue for the next obstacle. I think that what I just described is what you are recommending. Unfortunately, I have been called on that practice. No worries! I will gladly change.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #97908
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    The Accordion and Laterals Lead Outs

    I am finally back at it! The Accordion and Laterals Lead Lead Outs

    I thought both went well. I was especially pleased with his work in The Accordion.
    I need to be consistent and earlier with my directional verbals on the Lateral Lead Outs.
    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #97606
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Tunnel Threadles 2

    I did as you suggested, which is essentially the Advanced level and it worked out beautifully. We did seven reps total and they were all correct. Five are here. I was really pleased with how well he was working with me.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #97571
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Tunnel Threadles

    I am not sure that I am doing these correctly.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #97350
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Transitions & Turn Aways

    We seem to be making progress. Once he decides that we are out there to work, he seems to do a pretty good job.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    PS How many weeks is this class? What follows it? Will there be a break between? If yes, how many weeks?

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #97258
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Zig Zag

    I was particularly happy with his enthusiasm and footwork.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #97167
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    The Get Out Cue

    I would have to say that it seemed too easy. 🙂 He seems to be learning more than I tend to give him credit for. I should also say that I used “turn” as the cue as that is what I am using with Folger. I use “out” or “get out” to push Folger to a distant jump on the side she is already traveling on. Hope that is ok.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #97006
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    The beginnings of rear cross work. More practice needed!

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96965
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Layering

    I worked on this over two days. He did succeed. Some additional practice and going from the other side will be useful.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96837
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    The Diamond

    Rusty has some peculiarities including becoming easily overaroused by the environment. When I took him out this morning, it was impossible to get his focus. I don’t know what had been out there, but it was impossible. These reps were late this afternoon and I played it looser than I would have had I not had trouble this morning. Overall I was pleased with his willingness to work with me even if it wasn’t very speedy and that I didn’t get in as many consecutive blind crosses as ideal.

    I am looking forward to not having to work through two weeks content next week.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96818
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Proofing Serps and Threadles & Rears

    The SERPs and Threadles and straight tunnel work seemed to go pretty smoothly. The rears are improving but still need more work.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96793
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Wind in Your Hair Part 2

    The Go and the Backside are coming along. The rear cross – not so much. I need to work more on the rears. I don’t think that I was pushing his line properly.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96756
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Find the Jump

    I was very pleased. Rusty liked this challenge, even as I lengthened the distance to the jump from 10 to 18 feet. He was even more enthusiastic at the end.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96714
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Ladder Grid Advanced & Slice Jump Intro

    Trying to get caught up.
    Angling the jumped for the ladder grid was a nonissue.

    I need to lead out farther and do more with the slices but I think it was a good start.

    Look forward to your feedback.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)