Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96709
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Beginning Ladder Drill

    Seemed to go according to plan.

    On to angled jumps.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96668
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Sends‘n Serps

    These may look good but yesterday getting this going was a task. Rusty was viewing the jump and jump bar as a barricade. Now I think we have it.

    I have the Left Right Proofing set up in the basement and am doing it with both dogs a couple times a day. I am now working from the middle position with only verbals. It is going pretty well.

    Look forward to your feedback.
    P.S. What is your trick for fastening the jump bar so it stays in place?

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96643
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Left Right Proofing

    Back to work. My husband is home and doing pretty well. Just the beginning of proofing – tried to incorporate a start on the opposite side and a middle start toward the end. A few reps here – more work to do!

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96534
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Tracy – Just FYI, I will be missing for a bit as my husband is having an aortic valve replacement transcatheter tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well and I will be back at training very soon.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96387
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Pillbug and Set Point

    It was very hot and uber humid today but I did manage a short go with Pillbug outside before dark. Then I came in to do more Set Point work. Rusty strikes me as one of those dogs that needs to be taught to jump. Here I had the first bar set at 4 inches and the second one set at 6 inches. I left the jump bumps in place to try to make the jumps more obvious. I hope to go outside tomorrow to work in the yard. He is 10 and a half months and 20 inches at the withers. What should I be working toward in terms of jump height at this point?

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96325
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Set Point with Moving Target and Pillbug

    I was pleased with the Set Point exercise. In Pillbug I need to use a more visible thrown treat and one that can be eaten more quickly. I got too far ahead of him in trials that I didn’t include here and he just took the shortest path in the opposite direction.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96305
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Given that Rusty wouldn’t even go through the wings at the beginning of last week, I am very pleased with his progress. Although not videoed, I am making a lot of progress with Set Point – short sessions in the basement where it is cooler.

    And yes, your explanations on verbals yesterday make complete sense.

    Looking forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96275
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Tunnel Exits Turns

    Here is our first go at it.
    I have some questions. I gather that you first say tunnel like 10 feet away and follow it with go, left or right as the dog approaches the five foot mark. Is that correct? Then on exit, I gather it is a soft left or right, not a wrap. Or could it be a wrap using the wrap directionals?

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96223
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Wrap Proofing Game

    This was a start. I was actually pleased with the demonstration of his understanding. Yes, there were a few errors, but all in all I was pleased. As to my wrap verbals – east east east and west west west intentionally repeated and said more softly than my left and right.

    Will new material be released on Monday or are we on two week segments like last time? Just saying – I could use the extra time.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96191
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Smiley Face

    These went better than I expected. I need to get some of my verbals out sooner. More practice is needed but I think we are on the right track.
    PS. My older Golden had a lot of fun with this exercise.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96190
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Wind in Your Hair 2

    I made the distance shorter because Rusty was bypassing the jump. After that things seemed to go smoothly.

    Look forward to your feedback.

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96139
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Videos
    apparently I forgot to paste them.
    Set Point

    Wind in Your Hair

    in reply to: Sally and Rusty (Golden) #96138
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Wind in Your Hair
    Got a bit more enthusiasm here. Next time I think I can lengthen the distance farther and run with Rusty in all the reps.
    Look forward to your feedback

    in reply to: Rusty and Sally Part 2 #95223
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    Countermotion on Serpentine Exits

    Unfortunately I have been among the missing too often recently – I have been overcommitted to too many projects. I did want to get in one last session before the end.
    More importantly, I wanted to thank you for extraordinary feedback throughout this course. I have done a lot of online courses in obedience and agility over the last fifteen years with numerous outstanding instructors. Your feedback tops all of them! First and foremost it is in no part generic. It is totally focused on the dog and handler in front of you. It is specific, timely, and always includes next steps – continually pushing the envelope. And it is very generous. I have sung your praises to others, though unfortunately I am not sure that it has resulted in any additional business.
    Is there a course that logically follows this one. If yes, what one? If not, what would be your recommendation for Team Rusty?

    in reply to: Rusty and Sally Part 2 #94841
    sallymyers1
    Participant

    I was unaware of the Kong big stick toys but immediately ordered one. Hopefully it is waiting for me when I return home from the Mayflower Corgi Specialty on Friday evening. Rusty is on vacation until then!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)