Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
sallymyers1
ParticipantI had a head start on Wing Wrap because I have doing some Movement Puzzles with Rusty. This was an easier version of some of them. I started Prop Game 1 with a review of the prop and then went into sending to it. This exercise still needs work. When my sends were better, Rusty did better! Go figure! I still felt that to him, it was all about the food, not about the prop.
Look forward to your feedback.sallymyers1
ParticipantRusty Drive to Handler
Again I need to be consistent with my use of ‘yes’ and I think I need to keep my hand closer to my leg on the turns.
sallymyers1
ParticipantRusty Driving Ahead
I tried using a toy without much luck. Rusty just lost his two front teeth yesterday – might have something to do with it. Also, I need to consistently use ‘yes’ as my marker word. Otherwise I was pleased.sallymyers1
ParticipantI learned a lot about Rusty from these two shaping exercises. I started in the basement – bad idea. He hasn’t had enough exposure to that space so too many distractions for effective shaping. Also discovered that my standing was too much pressure and I typically mouth click when shaping but he hadn’t had enough conditioning to the mouth click in advance. Solution, retreat to the kitchen, a very familiar space, kneel, and use ‘yes’ instead of the mouth click. Then he could do the task! His toy play needs some work. He seems to be a foodie and I have probably fed too much into that. Looking forward to the work ahead.
Rusty – Shaping Foot On
Rusty Shaping Touch Mouse
-
AuthorPosts