Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantElla didn’t tug inside because it’s to tight ans slippery cement.
But eating yes. That’s what got him eating.I may go to wine country to try but will have to see since it’s all outside the environment may be too much. We got a month to decide!!
Balls are hard bc he splats. He has a most giant size holy roller but I really have to throw it. Weirdly ( or not) he has been into the lotus ball but haven’t brought it out in a while.
Yes the props- I was talking to chrnstine that I was going to do that and run with a toy not use food bc he will hate me lol!
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantHis vibes were good! And the “who are you was me asking chase where did this happy, all in, kind of guy come from.
I won’t ever step on the leash. Christine and I always chat and if Chase were to leave I wouldn’t jump in it. I didn’t think he run off per say but I also didn’t think he would be so happy to work!
It was back to Groton today for a trial. It is a small show so I brought him. It was set up to do the snuffle by the door at the perimeter ( per our plan a month ago after last show). I had a friend set my mat down for me too so he could go right to it. Took him about 15 seconds and he wanted to get into it but didn’t feel safe. I waited until no dogs were running to so this.
He Would eat but only out of my open palm on the snuffle. Then he got into it a little and someone came over. Sigh. The person was very chill so he just stopped and went to say hi to the person.
We did some tugging with Ella outside. It was not as good as at the park because there was a beagle out in the distance.
We went in afttee and I brought Ella and he was more animated and ate food easily but not anything like wanting it yet.
So my assessment remains echo space hard dogs hard ( he loves them. All of them. Except when they try to eat him in their crate).
I’ll change up the barrel. He doesn’t love props. He does them but he always found it boring. He likes to run so I may do something and take off and run for reward.
Stay tuned…
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantThe plan yesterday was to go to sotc with Bella and when it was quiet.
Christine couldn’t make it so I headed out and then bailed because I just didn’t want to. I had Ella with me so we stopped at the park we always walk at. I pulled in to see there’s a kids event. And in questiones my choices. I decided one thing I could do since there’s alot of space was to take Ella out and play. So that’s what we did first …
I have to laugh at which dog got distractedI could feel his vibes so I went for some IF but since I’m videoing all the things this next one I forgot I left the toy so I was beyond thrilled that he came out of the car just ready.
I never take his leash off outside of safe fence space but it was time. I was thrilled. There were actually kids doing a mini marathon about 50 feet. Around 10 years old so old enough I trusted they wouldn’t come over plus adults were managing them. And with all the kids there they weren’t noisy
We peed on rocks after and took a nap before getting the message to join Bella at FF so we did. I unconsciously cheated by walking him more to get attention before I loeo. I couldn’t believe he didn’t run to Bella !
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantI’ll try. Julee Friday with Chase but you hit the nail on the head with one big swing- the echo. I brought Chase to class today because the dog that barks wasn’t there , group was small and Bella was there. I had him walk in with her… he was happy. All in. Focused. Eating fried chicken and almost smiling. We got through it 5 fast reps of lead out recall to heel and party…. The party is what got him when the entire group did it. It was loud and the ears pinned and he didn’t immediately bolt he just melted and oozed with I’m about a minute of that and then he was done. And I think with the 10 dogs in a handling class the noise the clapping. Just way way too much!!
Remote at home is good. Which is why I didn’t play it there so I’ll change it up and maybe try it in different areas of my yard
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantThe challenge with julee is if she’s loose he will just herd her especially if she’s not acknowledging him. He has major fomo with her. She was just excited when I started running. If I was doing heeling or something non agility she would be quiet but he wouldn’t love that lol.
Other than a life skill so to speak, anything I need to do with the leash off engage to really solidify it?
Remote reinforcement didn’t go swimmingly. Poor set up. I have worked so hard on tugging I grabbed too high value. Then I needed to raise it. He also was just like wtf are we doing. He often just stands and observes so I didn’t know how to make him move with me or if he even needed to as long as he wasn’t swiping the toy. It was like an akcward first date
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantSome of our instant focus on the road and our leash of and engage- I do feel his engagement is good when I take the leash off.
Tugging is getting better too!
This focus one was hard but outside in general is hard for him. Leash was a pita! lol
I brought julee with me as social support like we talked. He didn’t need it and he was only distracted by her when she vocalized. I was so happy when Jessica came in both times ( this is the obedience trainer and building we use) that he didn’t worry I couldn’t contain myself!!
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantI should have stayed on top of the videos and sending as I went but I’m going to put them all here in order.
There’s things that I see. It’s me. It’s very much not clean. Mechanics and I need to end sessions differently. I think a lot of it is brain fog. I hate to use it as an excuse but I never use to have this issue.
Tugging as well , there’s things and movements I need to change. My guess is you’ll pick up on the nuances quickly and help me unwind the ick.
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantOh man. My brains already oozing.
I’m feeling stuck in the weeds. Chase had his Bella chase and Dan class today and I’m not really sure what I should be using class for to make the most of it.
Instant focus? Tricks and tug? Bella and Chase in the ring?
Pattern with bowl and toy?Help lol!
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantHe can not does not want to tug right now anywhere other than home or at Ff alone. So I’m feeling very defeated. I can’t just not do anything. Sorry but I’m sort of toast with ideas at this point. What motivates him is dogs and movement and agility
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantWe have been so busy doing life stuff I am hoping to get back to agility.
The pendulum keeps swinging! This week a barking puppy in a crate got him all excited but there were no other people or dogs inside.
We did all the things at obedience class we talked with in my ability. When he first got there he didn’t want to come in. Tried some moving tricks. That helped and then he saw a dog running in agility and decided it was cool let’s go lol!
Anyway we have been doing instant focus. Right at the car initially. Most of the time he was able to snap in after a few seconds. I’ve progressed a little bit and I’ve used some tricks to amp him in new places like playing with Ella first. Getting him wanting to be part of the fun!
I took the 4 bowl game on the road after some practice at home. We went to tractor supply with Bella. It was fairly desolate.
Things I learn he likes when I say yes in a squeaky voice. And that I suck timing and throwing under pressure lol!!
Instant focus at FF. Unfortunately it was just a poor set up as I had his BFF
Katie video for me and she was by the door I came in as I didn’t want to walk by the crates even tho no one was there so he didn’t worry about that.We also started scentwork and he loves the idea of someone plinking treats. It’s the movement that got him hunting. More on that hopefully soon!
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantThis is all helpful and all depends on the day it seems with him.
Trial Friday he literally came in went to the crate area said hi to his humans he knows and I sat down and he laid on my lap and passed out. He’s done this before. As a puppy he slept through class and he snuggled with me in obedience class. I find it confusing. I can say when he was tiny and he was scared I would hold him against my chest and tell him he was the goodest and I still do that and he seems to relax but I could be making up emotions from him that are not capable of dogs lol!
He can walk around for a minute. He can eat. But then he says I’m out when he sees a door.
This week in class he watched Dan do agility. Could eat watch tail loose. After 30 seconds he wanted to move away. And walked to the door. Went out and peed
We did some of our homework in the ring but little dan was there.
Bella and Chase do work on the floor and he’s ok. We need to do more tho.
The classes he’s in no all the dogs are out. He can observe and he can lay casually outside the ring.
We actually did instant focus today in a quiet green house parking lot. It took home about 30 seconds. He just had to hop on a mat. No Cooke first rep. Releases tried again and he was fine and was like oh! We are working!!!
I’ll use time based assessments now!
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantThank you for clarifying
I will make the adjustments.
I do have a question tho, he has classes obedience ones but they are meant to bring him into the real world. And I have dog shows. We are not actually working in these settings because he can’t. Does he just not go? Or is it ok to go with just a watch observe the world with some breaks. So not flooding for an hour.
The one obedience class gave me permission to work him in the agility ring. That he can handle.
Trigger for him is a room full of dogs in case that matters.
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantPatterns aren’t working with toys. He only wants the toy in my right hand even if they are the same. I’m separately working on a similar concept of any toy any time but it frustrates him when I try patterns with toys and he quits tugging entirely.
Find my face: he’s been doing this so long like since a pup I started where I was at. I don’t think I understood this game as always needing the short easy first. That said I was throwing the food way too far. It was a new freeze dried chicken and they fly! And I do use the toy for this one since he can tug with my right hand or my left. It’s got to be one or the other for him and most preferred is in front of me. He doesn’t like “side” tugs which I know is odd since it’s more pressure in front. He likes the direct pull back twerk motion from me.
I’m also slightly confused on the patterns when the he’s distracted. Isn’t he going to be ? Isn’t that sort of what this helps with ?
Yes neutralize it. Do at it home regularly, but I can’t imagine he’s ever going to go anywhere and just be like boom yeah ! Patterns! Or maybe just not now but I still need to get him out and do something to help with the new space. Keeping him home is what got me in trouble already.
Yeah bang is the only at home on the floor game. He loves it but not in this setting
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantWe are back after surviving Julee being in season for 3 weeks…
We made a short trip to Runnings store ( like a farm store) and walked around a minute with Bella then at the car I did some patterns for meatballs. He tends to eat meatballs any where.
Quiet lot but we did have a bee buzzing us of course.
Here’s my action tricks. He’s not a very tricky guy like my others. He does them but he doesn’t find them super fun. Not sure if it’s just an all business kind of guy.
Find my face :
And lastly more patterns at the pond. This was maybe 10 min in.
Tina Reynolds
ParticipantThe hip thing could be a number of things. One he does horrible dumb parkour at home. I manage as I can. My house is basically one big carpet now.
And we went to the ADK and I think it was way too much. We got in too deep and he’s never done that much hiking plus he dragged me the entire 3 hours.
I was sitting in the bench and he came over for food hence the down so I figured I’d try to work the “neutral “ pattern games because it was the most quiet normal he’s been in weeks lol!I’ll be working at them slowly and steady
-
AuthorPosts