Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 287 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Chaser and Tina #96016
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    It’s only been 6 days but if feel like I’ve been gone forever lol!

    Sequences are going well. I care
    More about the other stuff. We have had a survey adolescence week. A sister in season hormones week and .. a sore hip week ( had his first chiro visit and loved
    It!)

    He’s been eating a lot. Did a big change and decided food is good. Toys are dumb.

    Here’s our patterns update. At the pond. He had about 30 mins of field walks and wading in the pond before I did them.

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #95790
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    You mean go on the road ( easy familiar places) with toys?
    when he’s feeling the wow factor in the world, play is hard. Christine had given me a ton of toys to try so I can do this!

    He understands context: so when we go out in the world( Panera) you’re just being social chill and let people pet you and eat.
    When we go to a practice jump at a show we tug, but only there. Can’t tug anywhere but in a “ring”
    When we are at FF running with Bella we eat play and be merry. Sometimes we even beg for the treats!!

    When we go out back we scream and run but if mom goes near the dog walk we eat and we play tug.

    All of this is routine based I believe. It’s not like I have any rules lol!

    That said,
    I gave all the dogs lick mats and took him out back to practice our 2o2o and he got a little wild running. I called him and clicked because he came back super fast and then he wanted the chicken. Like really wanted it. ( it’s close to dinner time) is it ok to do a little up and down with the chicken when he’s all in?

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #95751
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Hmm phot didn’t work but he’s passed out

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #95726
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Schedule usually is dogs in crates around 9:30 bc they make chase nuts then he settles chews a bit bed at 10:30- up at 6:45am. Do all the dog things and eat about 7:30am so they potty and such before I head to work at 8:30. Dinner can be anywhere from 5:30-9 depending on my day.

    Not going to lie I already played allot at FF bc I was there when I got the email and it was so fun. Tho we have a tiny mechanical fix. I only ask for bite and tug with my right hand so the left hand he was weirded.

    That said we did that went for a sniff walk. Maybe 15 min total and this is him now. This is not like him. He’s so chill! Chase

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #95718
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    THANK YOU because this. It’s always been this!! He eats and he actually wants to eat but it is very contextual. He also doesn’t feel the need to eat after he’s had meals. So if he’s had breakfast he’s done. Ya know how some people are content eating once a day? That’s chase.

    Also
    2 questions :

    1- Chase has a very clear down time between 8:30-11. He can do stuff but this is his nap time. I know he will at some point need to do things at any time but should I avoid working patterns such at that time?

    2- Chase tugs his best at Ff. Think of FF as home and his home as a new place to visit. We don’t train at home much at all bc i don’t have space and the other dogs are jerks and even if I put tj in the car they bark so training home base is FF… where should I work the toy game ?

    I think incorporating food to tug is going to chip away at the patter ANd build value for food…

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #95705
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    I agree with all this. Honestly we picked the place bc it was like 8:30 am and should have been quiet!

    Yes Bobbie talked about neutralizing.

    Here’s at home so you can see it.

    I went outside but the smoke is so bad he was showing right away concern so I didn’t bother.

    Here’s one on the road at IHOP with nothing going on other than a person did walk into the store at some point

    On the what would he do with food. I’ll boil the chicken but he does not want to chew. The smaller the food the better. He can almost always eat rockos but I need to break them tiny. He also eats these tiny tiny puppy treats I found at a dog show.

    In training ( when he’s not overwhelmed ) Doesn’t really like meat unless is small goat liver bison liver freeze dry cat treats . Hot dogs he hates even at home and also cheese he doesn’t love even at home. Most other things even kibble at home he will eat.

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #95693
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Clarify above he didn’t eat initially when he did the bowls.

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #95692
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Chase has grown up on patterns and we did Bobbie seminar last month with Chase full day.

    We maintain at low arousal spaces and went on the road.

    I used more movement because he seems to do better with that.

    Up and down was simply too much

    Last video this was with Bella inside and also Christine mentioned it was about 20 min into us being there which is around the timeframe he usually is acclimated to a place.

    I think you can hear me but he didn’t initially eat when he went to the bowl.

    He can eat any time when we just wander around a store with our friends. Not sure it matters or means anything. I find I’m in data collection mode with him

    in reply to: Tina and Chase #94571
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    I brought his Cato board out. He learned positions when he was tiny tot there. He’s solid there with the exception of it only happened after I releases him to do the set up when I was past 2. Meaning if I lead out between one and 2 and do the jumps he doesn’t break the next rep. If I lead out past 2, he also doesn’t break ( I’m rewarding the stay with a throw back) and then I will randomly release
    To the jumps. The very next rep he breaks the stay. An yes I’m making it lol
    The same like he doesn’t know he’s getting paid for a stay. lol. Half the time he sat there until the frisbee almost hit him in the face lmao!

    in reply to: Tina and Chase #94556
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Lateral lead out video didn’t post

    in reply to: Tina and Chase #94555
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    I’m going to focus on helping his sit. He doesn’t have a good down honestly and since it’s arousal based I would potentially muddy that cue too. He just needs more focus practice on it and I’ve been lazy!!

    Here’s our lateral lead outs. Sorry you can’t see the last jump but atleast you can see the timing

    And more tandems. I went back to the toy after a few sessions. This video is more about the toy than handling. You mentioned he doesn’t know when to get it. I would say yes I’m not always clear but I am about 90 percent. He has certain contexts of when it’s happening. He does very clearly know the bite verbal when it is isolated.

    in reply to: Tina and Chase #94431
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Never mind! I went closer. He did get a treat for when I went back and fixed his sit. Can’t always see but he’s crossing his paw. It’s harder when I step to side. I am trying to let his feet settle before moving

    in reply to: Tina and Chase #94430
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Help! lol. We did do th lead outs and they went well minus some stays , I was going to submit but when the crew came to FF I figured id do the next level…
    Sadly the camera doesn’t have his sit. We had some feet and broken stays and my plan this week is to work on that but he wasn’t able to take jump one….

    in reply to: Tina and Chase #94318
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Clarify what clarify his marker means. Snort!! I have accidentally said get it a that marker needs to go away because I mucked it up. Get it basically is go so it should be your toy is ahead. That’s how he interpreted it. So thag one I am trying to get away from get it. Bite is his you can get the toy from my hand- this one he struggles with and I’m sure motion triggers it. At home I have worked the verbal the waving it all the things and he’s ok. In training he’s not. So is it a marker cue issue or an issue of he can’t process the cue because I paired it incorrectly or he’s too stimulated to make good choices ?

    in reply to: Tina and Chase #94159
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    I think this went alright lol!

    This not so much! Let’s just say we opted to delete the attempts when I was going to the right. He got paid a lot and he was happy but it didn’t work at all! Partly because there was just soo much stuff around and I don’t think I spent enough time on the flat work baby level which is what I went back to here

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 287 total)