Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 287 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Chaser and Tina #97757
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    I tried agility today lol. It did not go swimmingly.

    I don’t think Chase has seen a threadle since max 2 so I was dumb to ask. Then I broke it down and it got weirder so I bailed and said hey! Let’s do that turning thing we worked to hard on with MM. we failed. lol.

    Tips please 🙏

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #97694
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Thank you!!

    The Error day I knew what was happening. I knew what I should have done and felt the pressure to not disrespect the presenter who I love. Going forward I will take the punishment ( being funny) by carrying on as I should then I’m going to have to write down on my arm the cheat phrase as to why I did it because Chase makes it as clear as day how science works.

    I need to get back to handling too. He’s not wanting to turn. He’s getting into the go big go fast which is fun… maybe.

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #97676
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    We are back after 4 days of seminars
    Chase ran Tuesday evening and he came in the ring confident happy tugging which was awesome because all his friends were there and his sister.

    Thursday he was wild. But you’ll see that there was a minor error and this is where seminars are hard. Most presenters now least want to fix the jump they missed and pay instead of continue which he’s used to so he knew there was an error and then there was more errors and he got over bearing. Jumping biting for the toy.

    Day three Friday was during the day and I did more rev engine initially as he was more aware of his environment but still worked well

    I tried my loeo most runs and he was good. He’s really getting that. I didn’t hide the toy just because of the challenges.

    Stays, unfortunately I spliced the video backwards for the sits. They are very good day one. Then they faded. They never got paid. All on my but very happy to have one again.

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #97492
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    It’s where I do barn hunt and herding. It’s where I had that horrible training session I had to self critique. I had another one there. Honestly any time we go there he just wants to peee on things and play with dogs lol!

    I have a seminar this week with Melanie miller. Trying to figure out how to best handle him with colter, Teagan ( sister ) and zyp. I may not work him and swap julee in for that group and work him with a slightly quieter group.

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #97484
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Hmmmm. So every time I attempt and IF at central bark , Chase can’t. I tried at the herding trial. We were in a field away from everything. One dog did come through before heading onto the Christmas tree path. No barking dogs but he licked pee and peed on 50 blades of grass. I got nada

    Today I came to the phoenix park where I started to get happiness a month ago using Ella ( we came alone today)
    And felt this was pretty darn good! Something happened where he stopped tugging. Not sure if it was me or the neighbors dog barking in the distance.

    So , just avoid central bark until he is more seasoned at this??

    And should I be doing the power patterns? We haven’t had that I WANT to you were looking for yet

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #97372
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Oh I thought the assignment was to work the type of dog you have ( biz boy) and practice slow calm lol!

    Yes I don’t actually plan on leaving leash anywhere beside right near him in trials so I’ll add that adjustment

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #97346
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    We haven’t done a lot of agility so busy with the other stuff but I wanted to do some stays. I believe he’s all business so calm is my goal.

    Building on our RR outside ring and a jump. I got very confused with my words lol! I wasn’t sure when to say let’s go. I assume after I get the leash on?

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #97199
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    We had a good day !

    Tammy and Dan provided some extra distractions

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #97002
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Gee thanks 🤣.

    Bella and Chase just had an amazing decompression outting. LOL. We went to runnings. He walks up to people and gets pets and Bella sits with Christine. Then they pose for photos and get treats. He happily tried to steal Bella treats out of Christine’s pouch. The only time he was unhappy when there was several people and a worker started tossing boxes. The instant chaos caused some discomfort. Then he jumped on the counter with the check out girl. I see such glimmers of confidence that sometimes it’s just simply put hard when it’s not there other places.

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #96989
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Stop moving.
    Pick up the toy or hold it so he doesn’t make an error to go get it and get confused.
    Honestly I would have /should have sat on the floor. I do a lot of training sitting at home bc my back hurts a lot and brought more attention to the prop.
    Had a party and end it first rep
    Not drop the leash by accident and have to stand on it causing the correction I said I would never do

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #96987
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Possibly Not tried until I had more reps of play in that space

    Paid the attention first since the environment was hard ( this is all hard for me because of the not being able to quick dish out food)

    Quit while I was ahead

    Set up where I knew I could run if needed ( I couldn’t I’d fall. It’s hilly weedy and cars everywhere)

    I’m sure there’s more lol

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #96985
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Ideally yes there’s some good chill dogs. Unfortunately I made bad choices in my life and normally I just wouldn’t post it but you want to see it all.

    He was so happy I did an IF with shaping.
    Yes he does know touch your foot on any prop and he does like to perch. I stayed near the car but it’s also near the pee tree that didn’t help. And I assume now I should have done a one and done. Then I gave up when karen came over. I hate training moments like these

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #96976
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    What do you mean with the last sentence :
    The next step here is to move the toy outside the ring and play a similar game, adding going through the gate.

    I took Chase to Barn hunt and got Ella tugging and he’s all in. I got him out again with out Ella and he was all in. I’m going it when no dogs are out but I’m hoping to time it when a chill dog is out wandering and peeing

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #96932
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    He will dig in for snuffle at FF when a dog is working. This is why I’m never sure.

    Working on IF new prop- messy mechanics as I forgot I had to pick up the platform for the previous dog. Mild distraction as Tammy was there. I should have rewarded the front feet instead of asking if he could do the whole thing.

    Second try new prop much easier

    The toys are killing me lol! They are so big they get stuck in my pants!!

    Once we moved to tricks for the RR he was happier! Goes along with his mentality. His favorite pastime at home is I sit on floor and play the listening game. Which trick do I ask before he dives on the toy. It’s about the game not the toy. He loves it. Sometimes he brings me a toy and I start the game and he gets wild for it.

    in reply to: Chaser and Tina #96858
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Should I abandon the snuggle all together or use it at FF to give the idea ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 287 total)