Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Lori and Beka (BC, 16 wks old at class start) #27932
    Lori-Anne Harker
    Participant

    Hi Tracy

    Thanks for the response!

    So,

    1 – treat and then tug right after to build value for treats/food
    2 – get excited giving her the treat, and moving the treat to make it more exciting (followed by tug after the delivery!).
    3 – for the nose to target put it on the target (DRAT! I know to do that, me being lazy!)
    4 – get on my feet. (Yikes! all the bending for the nose target)

    Will do a foot target video a bit later – she needs a nap.

    Lori

    in reply to: Lori and Beka (BC, 16 wks old at class start) #27926
    Lori-Anne Harker
    Participant

    Sorry – Had to edit and put the link in differently – I thought we needed to use the ‘link’ button in the editor.

    Lori

    in reply to: Lori and Beka (BC, 16 wks old at class start) #27923
    Lori-Anne Harker
    Participant

    Hi Tracy

    I am positive it is me!

    I did a quick video of Pre-Game 2 – Nose to target. We’ve done this about 3 other times very similarily. This is pretty representative of what she does generally in shaping. And yes, you will see that I am getting a little frustrated as she quits working really easily. I am using cheese for the treat here and she SEEMS to likes that a lot generally.

    She’ll even do this sort of thing when I do a session before she has breakfast.

    I’ll do a video of trying to get her to foot target, having trouble trying to think of something I won’t use related to agility but won’t look like a toy that she should grab.

    Thanks

    Lori

    in reply to: Lori and Beka (BC, 16 wks old at class start) #27911
    Lori-Anne Harker
    Participant

    Hi Tracy

    She is adorable but I am somewhat stumped by her so far. Anything that I try to shape involving her using her feet (into something, onto something, shake a paw) seems to go nowhere fast, even with what seems to be high value rewards for her and even when she is successful she will leave the game.

    Lori

Viewing 4 posts - 151 through 154 (of 154 total)