Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #58096
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    We are back. My gosh I missed class and training! I did not record a session in here on the stool. It went well so I transitioned to the ground. I feel like I totally have something to work with now!!

    This is going to be our kryptonite and I am determined to have clear fabulous start lines (and a running dog wall!)

    Mini girl is looking like she will jump 8” all venues so fun for agility! I hate to switch jump heights.

    I also added in her intro to her running contact Matt. If the rain holds off we will outside and do the barrels today.

    Happy we have a light week since I am behind and trialing over new years.

    The last of her canines came out during this session so we should be able to get back to tugging 🤣.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57924
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Sorry about the wrong video! Too many things on my mind.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57899
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Sit! Much better with throwing the treats (no hands). I decided to introduce a word for food behind (look) half way through. I tried a toy but arousal got high or she got tired. I can try that again in a short session. I have a word for a toy thrown back- catch. When so I try without the stool?

    Rear crosses are going slowly but we are making progress. On the parallel lines we are having mechanical difficulties. A few days ago she could eat Charlie bears but today she could not. I felt like this was better but she does not entirely understand.

    I am going to the invitationals on wed – Monday so we will fall behind a bit. I did not do the running mat intro since I ordered a mat and it is not here yet. I do have a square so I could start that. Her retrieve is so good I shaped it a bit but did not record.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57881
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    I do not have a tunnel threadle verbal- guess I better decide!

    Here is the sit. Sorry it is long I wanted you to see her frustration. I guess I went too long.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57834
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Ok tried to include all your suggestions. I tried the rear crosses outside!! Yeah 100%!!!

    Plus- video tomorrow I believe I have isolated the sit stay!

    She was superb at her dog shows. Happy friendly and confident. First time at a dog show, first time out without her crew. So many wonderful good things.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57784
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    I stopped using my hand on the barrel sends since she was leaping at it. She does that once in this set.

    There is no cookie against a wall that can force raw to turn the right way! We are making progress! Also we show first session of commitment to the stantions. It was so windy I tried to do it in the cramped garage. Thanks for your feedback!

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57765
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Oh my gosh! Super busy week, rain, forgot to start video, I tore her baby k9 during training (tug after barrel sends) on retake to get video, it took me forever to get the rest cross mechanics. She did retrieve her tug nicely. I will try again tomorrow! She also has a baby puppy dog show tomorrow.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57607
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Ok will try these things!

    Worked on rear crosses and tunnels this afternoon. Still spinning the wrong way on some but we also got some good ones. She seems to think spinning on the prop is fun even on the straightaways.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57577
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Thanks for the sit hints. There is an added complication that I am training her for conformation and heavily discourage sitting facing me. I will try the platform and me sitting.

    Hoping to get back to prop rear crosses and tunnels at my next meeting break. For now a fixed my feet on strike a pose and used my correct word cues.

    Also the legs bumps was hysterical with a toy. Enjoy

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57491
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    I forgot my nose target so no chance to get my feet right this weekend. We had a busy day learning to jump out of the expen. I now have a sit but no commitment to stay- work in progress. I had to turn my back to get it initially. She is pretty literal on the get it and has found her mom’s leaping behavior a bit too fun. I was super pleased with the baby tandem and laps! At least we have rear cross skill. I will try the prop tomorrow.

    Thanks for all your feedback.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57379
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Sorry this is so long…

    Poor Taq has never ever in her life been awarded for a sit facing me. I did not like the rate of reinforcement but also knew she would offer. I wonder if I should try and position her next to me to try it? I am more likely to get it offered. Strike a pose went well. Also showed her amazing toy play and bringing me the tug. She went through a stage of offering to bite my hands to make them tug. Luckily she does not bite hard and it did not work so now she only tries a bit!

    Rear crosses- better?

    We both love the barrel! Tunnel went well.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57312
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Thank Tracy

    Question about verbals- so I have right (wrap) and left (turn) side wrap verbals and then ultimately the threadle wrap verbhal (push). We are not threadling yet though right? And when we send, it is dog side arm and leg? Because I did that wrong on the video in rep at 25 sec.

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57257
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tried working on the rear crosses. I got a few correct. Better treats for the grass so we will keep working on it. She loves the ready dance.

    I am really going to need this skill. Taqs mom only does tight sliced rears and I have to give her verbal encouragement to turn her back on me!

    To treat myself we brought out the barrel!

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57102
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Ps yes it was Ginger restraining!

    in reply to: Taq (Danish-Swedish Farmdog) and Danika #57101
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    I tried a toy reward with the prop and it did not go well in this space so I went back to click and treat. Front crosses were great but OMG the rear crosses. Hopefully in a large space???

    Barrel went great. I had to stay close due to space. So worked well. She loved it!

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 221 total)