Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Frankie and Danika #98212
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    We had some dangling canines for the weekend but they were out this evening. The first bit Frankie says- I will chase you but not ready to play with toys after Charlie bears. The second set was baby dog barrels. Should I have give. Her more chance to fail? I had to be pretty close to the barrel to succeed. This was her hard turn. I try to start with that direction.

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #98150
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    We go to class on Tuesday so I will try a bone or chew. Another back up session and we did the accelerate decel ex. I see rewatching my videos that I proofed late blinds nicely🤣🤣🤣. Her grandma says get used to it. If mom doesn’t throw in at least one blind that makes the crowd gasp we have not had a good run!

    Good girl Frank!

    Super excited to haul out a tunnel today!

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #98102
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy- ok we will get that back! Inside the house is obviously not a great surface. Try not to cringe at this video! We did novel exciting and then one of the pattern games to default to a gorgeous stack with eye contact. This evening I took her to my trainers yard and she was able to work with her prop while other dogs were training. Such nice focus for a baby dog. Frankie says crating sucks but working for treats is fun.

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #98084
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Used the prop for back up. It was working well until it started sliding! I thought a Cato would be too big. The bit after I removed it seemed to go well. If only she would wag less🤣

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #98022
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Ok tried to follow your directions! Hands low for the back up. Great turns on the barrel. The send to the prop degenerated into crazy leap fest!!!🤣

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97986
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    The addition of the food bowl worked great. I forgot to press record! So we quick videoed to show you. At the end she declined to have a toy reward with the prop🤣. She is very opinionated!

    Then I recorded our next session in the wrong orientation so could not splice them. We did me sitting puppy back up and then tried sends to the prop. Oh my gosh I messed it up so much but in the end I got some nice sends

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97964
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Turn and burn!

    It took some work but I got her to turn to the left. I know I was not always where I should be but I wanted to give her immediate and fun rewards. I cut them out but I rewarded twice as much as working. I also
    Sat down to do back up ( not on film ) and she was brilliant.

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97894
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    My puppy is broken! We revisited back up, parallel lines and the wing wraps. At the end we were playing and loving and she circled me!!😲.

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97855
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    I hope you had fun at flyball!!! And yes this generation has no accountability.
    🙈- I have to show up to lecture in person but the students don’t..

    Ok so Franklin was just awesome. We played before and after this session.

    This was our first try at this exercise.

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97793
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    More wing wrap training. She still wanted to circle so I set up close to the wall and then we got some nice back and forth! We started back up and that went really well.

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97767
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    This just cracked me up. Ok I know I trained too long. There was toy play in there. Drive to toy around cone was nice. She was not so sure what that big hand out there🤣. The wing wrap- sorry I did not edit. I have one cookie after she went behind me and then she thought ok I just circle the mommy😲
    I finally got her unwound by giving 2 cookies for the direction she did not want to go. I plan to use the laundry basket next time! She was very happy to put her harness on. She would still prefer I focused my hands on dropping cookies and not holding the harness.

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97743
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Harness worked great!!! She is playing much better.

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97681
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy-
    Always right! Played first to make sure that I made the right long toy and she wanted to play in the toy play area. Then we did forward focus. She offered to get on the plank off camera rather than be restrained. But she seemed to get better with restraint as we went along!

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97662
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    We added in the stantion on the wing wrap. She loves that game. And then the plank. Literally the first time she has seen one. She is a goat. It is her nickname around the house. She is still less inclined for play outside. Will have to work on that when there is no food.

    in reply to: Frankie and Danika #97635
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Ok that Pyrex was not as big as I thought🤣. I was happy with how she went back and forth with the toy. The novel object was textbook!

    Still using kibble since I don’t know that she would switch for treats.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 221 total)