Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Of course you were right!! I moved the jump and she was awesome!
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
I am
So behind it is fine but what happened to week 4? Taq and I have Been working on weaves and 2 o 2 for our dog walk. I felt this pop out would be good for us to try but I overestimated her weave entrance.I also threw I. My walk throughs!
Thanks for feedback!!
Danika
dlbannasch
ParticipantThanks Tracy for the quick feedback. Today her run was at the end of the day so I planned to use the practice ring a couple of times. The first time I set all the bars to her height and she freaked out about either a dog starring at her or the people holding the dog. I asked them to move further away and that was still not good enough do we went to the other side of the ring and she was able to
Give me a jump
And big reward. By then people had left but my 2 mins were up. We went for a long walk, I pit her away and brought her out to the outside of the ring where the demon was earlier and she played with her friends and was happy and normal went ba k in the RV and came out later and performed beautifully in the ring. At her speedstakes run she was happy and did a great job on her start line. I took off her collar and held her gently and said look tunnel so she could focus on the tunnel
Since I knew I needed a lead out.Here is the run
About the same as Saturday. I think I should focus her work on big running more at home to help her with these lines.
The course were pretty challenging.
Cricket and I had our first ever no Q day and even day 2 we only got speedstakes!
Here is crickets run.
dlbannasch
ParticipantDpeedstakes
Excited, warmed up. Felt that I got her there in good head space.
I think I lost connection after the second tunnel and then we were off sinc
Suggestions for tomorrow? I have a practice ring as well. I wanted to do teeters and a frame this afternoon in there.
I just want to support her.
She got treats after and then balle
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Thank you!! I am going to right it down so I can read it before every run.
Connection, keep your arms down, use your words!!
This was a great session. Taq says thank you Tracy!
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
For those in the back who did not hear Tracy asked me to connect less!! 🤣
I will get back to those slices but wanted to run this walk/run sequence before I do my pre trial prep.
I am showing the order I did them. I am
Hoping that it will help you help me with Taq!!Cricket first
Then Taq
I did her amp up start line and felt after the first run that I was probably not connected enough. I have noticed she does not carry well to the wraps so wrote that down to work on separately.
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
I cleared my field to mow but plan on setting up the walk through! We have a trial this weekend. I will likely also set up some big long lines for both girls!
I did the BS slice ex this morning. Cricket only had one verbal for bs slice and wrap. I tried to test her fluency on slice ( Introduced to her recently). We will stick with back as her single cue! It has worked well.
Taq (video). I so struggle with timing and cues. I did not edit.
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Ok we tried it again and walla! She can do them when I cue them correctly!
I put the entire session in. Sticky would be like those last two jumps where she is looking up at me being super handler focused.
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
You are just the best! I knew it was me, but I felt like I was following instructions. I’ve always wondered why I was given permission to point on these forward sends, considering my entire agility life has been about avoiding pointing! Even though I got frustrated, I spent 3x as much time rewarding her. I just edited out the throws since I figured even you might get bored with that.
So I have a pointing reminder to help me. If I point for either dog it needs to be at their little *ssholes and nothing else. That should put my shoulders where they need to be. Think rectal exam Danika. I used to have a prof in vet school who said the rectal exam is the most underdone and important exam you can perform. You can’t know unless you stick your finger in there.
Today is a scorcher so we may not be training today.
Thanks again for all your support.
Danika
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Each dog teaches us something new right? Taq forgets so many things. I swear if I did not know better I would think she was dropped on her head as a puppy!
Such a struggle. She could not do the forward focus.
Cricket of course nailed the entire course.
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Thank you for the feedback! I ran Taq yesterday and it was better. I am
Going to build jumpers now and see if Taq can feel better about that. The good news is that her a frame and teeter are looking really good! She is having trouble weaving – maybe wanting to get through them too fast and not enough muscle memory. I gave them a rest since she had the weird lameness a few weeks ago. We may only have a speed stakes career! We have a trial weekend after next. Taq is entered in 1 speed stakes each day plus we have a practice ring. I will be sending video!dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Thank you for all your feedback! I hope your drive went ok.
This is cricket on package 2 agility 1. The first run I forgot what side of the jump before the tunnel. Oops! In between these two reps I ran the dog walk since she did not have feet in yellow the first time.
Taq did ok on the parts I ran but was sticky and not wanting to take obstacles. I will try it again with her this morning.
Ps sorry for the camera view. It is the only spot where I can film it all but the good bits were on the other side!
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
I was so excited to do these after watching your video and I was super focused on getting my feet in the right place but somehow Taq and I were not communicating. Cricket did it all with no problem.
Thanks for help.
On the first set was I was using a lower value toy hoping to have her focus on the work and less on the toy. Second time was with her ball. We seemed to do better when we had a running start.
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Cute puppy!!!!! Can’t wait to hear his name.
The verbals worked much better with me sitting and saying them before release!
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
My cues are slice for backside slice, back for backside wrap (cricket only had back for both so sometimes I try slice but only if it is a real slice- Taq should understand the difference). Push threadle wrap and in in for threadle slice.
I knew when I saw this verbal ex I was in trouble Cricket could not do it. Verbals support my cues only with her. Weaves may be a sl exception. The video is Taq who also apparently needs my body cues! I am showing the entire session. I felt really bad that there were errors. I also was trying to avoid having her jump up but one throw was bad. Btw she is sound but I am being careful.
Our current distraction is new puppy popcorn aka Aqueus Excited Maize. I thought you would w joy my fav snack name!
-
AuthorPosts