Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
dlbannasch
ParticipantOh gosh posting this for fun. Bad videographer good puppy! I was floppy and all
Over the place but Frankie was like I was born to do blinds!Don’t ask me why I labeled it rears. 🤣
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
This is in my rental kitchen. I notice the forward send went really well in here( not recorded) so maybe outside is too much stim. We will use this room more. First attempt at goat. I struggled to identify an object that this vixen has not already climbed on. Omg prop failure. Next session I will put it on silicone. No way she can go to all four in this Orientation. I was really pleased with her willingness to play. I used kibble to decrease the food drive a bit and that seemed to work. At the end I showed our forward focus. I am so thankful to have this puppy. I finally found a house on 30 fenced acres and I am making a big dog room! Probably not on video until max pup 2🤣.
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Two bowl drill and I paid more attention to post game love🥰
She is very hungry right now… she loved this game!dlbannasch
ParticipantWe did a morning session on come to hand and turns. She was really good at that!
Then she did a mid day session of pairing treats to birch and then this evening we did forward send to the prop.
The prop was more exciting than me🤣
dlbannasch
ParticipantThanks Tracy
I did the things😁
Definitely better. I probably need to work on restraint! I may switch to food to get her used to body or collar. I think she will prefer body and then revisit toys. We have been playing the toy switch game a bit. I probably still went too long with this session. I edited the playing but showed you all the restraints.
dlbannasch
ParticipantForward focus- very important for Farmdogs. This was our first go at it.
dlbannasch
ParticipantOk some pre game work. This is our third session with the foot target. Obviously I worked very hard to teach her to leap onto it🤣. First time with the nose target. I will sit on the ground next time so I am not looming over her! I am working hard on play in between. She currently believes she is starving so definitely feeling the food. Isn’t she the cutest happy girl?
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
We had one training session that I did not upload. On this one I put the board on a slant. I sometimes threw forward and most of the time back. When she came off the board twice I thought I should have rewarded more back. I can’t throw the ball directly to her since it is pretty hard and I am
Not good at aiming AND she is not good at catching. I have been tossing it back. Hoping that will work. I was going to work more and increasing my motion with arms and then fade the target.Sounds like a plan?
We leave Thursday for beauty pageants in Iowa.
Thanks Tracy
Sorry about angry cricket
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Ok cut the target in half and unfolded the board. I hope this gives the right amount of height. I maybe got carried away on the last couple of reps. She seemed to do better if I used food to counteract the ball throw momentum. Advice on that?
The target has really changed the forward focus!!
It is over 100 so late night mosquito eating us video!
Puppies name is Q
Danika
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Ok back from MA with yet another adorable Farmie pup!
I worked on the weave pouts with Taq and then show you where we are on the contacts. I used a spa step to work on anticipation and this is the second time to use the fat board. I wanted to use this board to do that contact ex for this class. Not sure if you will think we will be ready for that in the next week. Taq and I are flying to Iowa on the 28th- Sept 2 for some big phoofie dog show stuff.
I was pleased with her drive to the poles on the sequences! She popped the last pole and I am
Choosing to reward rather than fix things. That was the e only one she missed so click treat me!Thanks for the feed back!
New puppy is Q
Danika
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
I may have to start a new thread. This is starting to get glitchy! Taq and are are working on the foot target. The head bob came easy but she is not so precise with her toes 😁. Max puppy for the win
I did the weave challenges with both girls. Since cricket does not adore the poles and my tunnel is only 15 feet we did 6 poles. I skipped the run ahead with cricket so will add that next time but she is very good at that. Video is unedited. Both dogs kind of paused halfway through but then came back to me. Maybe I should have stopped there?
With Taq I had the poles open a few inches. Which seemed like a good idea since there was only 1 error. I will try getting ahead of her next time. Thanks for the feedback!
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
I will open the second one more and bring them closer. Good to know how much Taq is responding to verbals. Much more than her mom at this point in training. I love the anticipation trick!!! Just what I was missing. Question about the target. Do I go to a nose target or would a foot target be better? She is in good position now ready to run forward and I think a foot target would be easier to teach her. Thinking something rectangular that both feet could easily hit…she is small enough an index card might work.
Thank you so much for this! I see a foot target as useful for the teeter maybe too.
Although her teeter is pretty good she is not at the very end of the board.
Danika
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy,
We did a few reps of the weaves. She hit entrances but did not weave the rest. I rewarded (treat for me). I screwed up the second one and only said weave once duh. Sorry unedited.
This is our 2 by 2 session. The throw back was amazing. She straightened right out. I also used some preplaced for forward focus. She is not comfortable going ahead of me into position so I am moving my positions to help with that. I think next session I will use mm to help her get out there with me behind her.
Sorry also unedited. I use two balls for this so we can trade without me taking it. She enjoys me tugging on the ball so I tug her back to start. Killing my back…
I have found if I ask her to stay it is confusing to her. Wait, break feet break get it. So I try and place my hand on her and say feet then break. Does that make sense? Dumb?I can train tomorrow then I have a work trip so no training until Monday.
Thanks for your feedback. I know this is a bit off topic!
Danika
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
I really loved this exercise! Such a great way to break it down. I was using a short tunnel. I suppose I might want to do it with a longer one. The first left turn took her by surprise but her ears were on for the second. I was good and used 4 poles opened a bit. She popped out the first time because I was telling her to weave while she was weaving. So when I just my trap she nailed it!
I added in some 2 on 2 off
I did the first exercise with cricket and she nailed the soft e trance weaves!
Danika
dlbannasch
ParticipantTracy
Video failure… but I did different sequences using that last set up with speed into 6 poles and she was highly successful!! I still had the one jump removed. I will set up the dog walk distance and eventually try it with poles.
Taq is in season and working just as well. Nice to know.
Danika and Taq -
AuthorPosts