Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & Drift #97261
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant



    in reply to: Jen & Muso #96755
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I am really struggling to get up the lines, and it is really obvious that I am over-supporting things because I don’t trust the skill.

    Two significant problems that I don’t know how to efficiently solve is her increasingly terrible start line and her tendency to run past backside slices. I’ve had to really over-handle backside slices and it really made things difficult this week at two seminars where she wouldn’t commit to the bar without my support, so I couldn’t leave and it ruined the next part of the course.

    The big course running and troubleshooting without stopping is great and has made a difference, but I feel like I’ve hit a plateau and am now compensating for weak skills. She even tripped the eyes at Nationals because she creeped forward and messed up a faster time on a clean run. Help!!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #96729
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Should work now. Sorry.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #96716
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Package 1 Jumping courses 1 & 2

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #96645
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Yes, she bailed on the weaves both times in course 2. I hadn’t considered the toy on the ground as a possible cause since she didn’t go for it (and had rejected it for the toy I had in my hand). I need more reps with toys on the ground…it’s becoming a problem.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #96634
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    The above are all at 12″, where the previous post was 16″. She will compete at the Canadian Open at 12″, so I thought we should adjust for that. What do you think? Should we go back to 16″ when we’re back, or stay at 12″?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #96633
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Package 1 agility walk-through & run, then retry, both courses.
    Course 1


    Course 2

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #96302
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Well, we got something done, finally. I tried to run it twice back to back as you suggested but physically ran out of steam, which was disappointing. Also, ridiculous aussie did not help the first attempt.


    Off to Nationals (and try-outs) tomorrow!

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #88220
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Well, the snow defeated us, but we’ll keep at it if we get some warmer days. She’s made some progress. I look forward to the private sessions in Jan-Feb.

    Thanks!
    Jen

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #88079
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Week 3 Handling

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #87933
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Switch-Away

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #87823
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Week 2 Handling 6

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #87806
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #87708
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I hadn’t considered the visibility needs of some toys over others. That one goes to long term memory.

    Here we go with more of Week 2:

    Skills:

    Handling:

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #87638
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Week 2
    The first attempt had nothing but offering jumps. She seemed hesitant to go in the tunnel at all. This is attempt 2:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 344 total)