Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen and Muso #87561
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Sigh. Snow-gility. 3 inches yesterday. Hopefully it melts tomorrow.

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #87458
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Ok, I feel like I’ve never spent enough time to progress on Discriminations in the past, so I’m hesitant to move on. LOL, my husband said the same thing you did. I’ll have to tell him he was right….oy.

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #87448
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Better, but still struggling.

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #87317
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Finally!

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #87130
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    It’s been hard to film these last two weeks, but we’ve been practicing. She’s starting to respond more accurately when I’m standing and she’s between my feet. I keep getting the backside of the jump though. The jump is the correct obstacle, but because I’m facing the middle space between the two, she’s going to the backside.

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #84861
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We made it! Last Jumpers courses.
    Jumper 1 Walkthrough

    Jumper 1 run

    Jumper 2 Walkthrough

    Jumper 2 Run

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #84794
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    AUGH! I can’t believe CAMP is over already! I’m going to try to get the last two Jumpers course done tomorrow. Do you have any suggestions on how I should allocate my training time between now and April? I was thinking more UKI@Home until the snow comes, then conditioning, but I’m not sure what to do for course experience through the winter. Thoughts?

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #84785
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We had a very cool day course building for the Canadian WAO team at their private practice day. Kayl McCann, Susan Garrett, Tiffany Salmon, etc. We got to try the courses too! Muso could do all the pieces, but we couldn’t put it all together. You called it though, EVERY course had multiple “thing behind a thing” elements.

    Here is package 5 – not 100% successful on either, unfortunately.
    Walk 1

    Agility 1

    Walk 2

    Agility 2

    I’ll put the files in Dropbox if you have time to do the overlay…

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #84760
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant


    Jumps a bit closer.

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #84724
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Had to move the jumps back because she kept selecting jumps over the tunnel.
    This is our third session:

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #84218
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Well, not our best day. Having trouble remembering cues and with pacing.
    Walkthrough

    Run

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #84184
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Package 4

    Dogwalk Layer Part 1 & 2 – didn’t realize that I moved the wing in the way – sorry!

    Aagility 1 Walkthrough

    Agility 1 – 1st Attempt

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #84039
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    That helped a lot, thank you!

    Walk Through and run – Pkg 4, Jumper 1

    Walk Through and run – Pkg 4, Jumper 2

    And here’s the link for the trial analysis, if you have time.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qV89_aJHTUgpKKbYzyKQaWhrNUtHSBA4c1LlI4SksnU/edit?usp=drivesdk

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #83997
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    This feels like I’m really missing something important. She is 100% responsive on course, so I know it’s me, but I’m struggling to fix it.

    “She did get the correct turn at 2:00 and 2:22 when you drove the RC line, but you can add being further across the bar and using big hand cues and less RC line cues. That will get the tight turn and also make it very easy to layer. A little bit of RC pressure will help her learn what the cues are all about, then you will be able to do it from anywhere!”

    Not really clear on this. Further across the bar which way? Big hand cues how? I am not at all clear on the difference between this drill and a ‘rear cross from a distance’, which is how I explanned it to myself.

    “You got it at 2:25 and 2:37 as a RC line – that works but it will be easier to get it from a bigger distance so you can layer more.”

    Easier to get what from a bigger distance? Do I need to be further away?

    Our biggest issue right now is having her turn the ‘wrong’ way on course and me having to wait and adjust for the line. I’ve also been burned by deceling and cueing early only to have her pull off the obstacle entirely. When I asked “why are you coming in” it’s because I can’t feel the difference in handling from when she gets it or when she doesn’t. I’m not sure I would have seen a difference on the video either. It all looks relatively the same to me. More distance does make it easier, but up closer, what do I do? Like in the trial videos, closer handling seems to be problematic for me.

    in reply to: Jen and Muso #83994
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I’m just sitting down to go through them and I’ll post another doc in about 30 min.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 344 total)