Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & Drift #98148
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Been away at Arts Camp for a week, so the break worked out. I am, of course, sick from hanging out with 420 gr. 7-12 kids all week, so I blame poor mechanics on cold medication and not poor planning 😉
    Combined the novel-neutral with wing wraps since he still struggles with left turns. He knocked the metal box over before we started and was barely concerned, so I wanted to see how he did afterwards.

    Unphased by the wobble board.

    Back-up attempt 2: I didn’t check my camera angle on the first attempt and he was barely in frame, so he was getting a bit bored this time.

    Plankrobatics. Left turns are definitely weaker.

    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97941
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Lots of noise and chatter from the lake tonight (2km away!). He was mildly concerned.

    He was already into these before I threw some kibbles in.

    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97827
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Also, I won’t be able to attend the live class on Sept 29.

    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97820
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    He was pretty tired when we started this, so the brain wasn’t quite keeping up, but a good effort!

    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97794
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Blind Cross

    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97737
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Some progress outside.

    He managed to slice my finger with his razor fangs, but I think the space and running made it easier for him to move from cookie to toy (to blood). When I got a decel properly, he read it really well!

    He had a meltdown about the pylon earlier, and once he checked it out, he was ready to work.

    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97682
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Foot target. Starting to get it; I wasn’tclose enough to start. He doesn’t switch from toys to food and back as easily as Muso did at that age. They are SO different from each other…but also the same, LOL. He is determined to do exactly what she does.

    Self Control – 1st attempt

    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97493
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Resilience walk at Home Depot. I initially wanted to go in the garden center as it’s quieter, but he led me across the parking lot first and then we went in the front door, so we had to roll with it.
    In the swcond video, his apprehension was about plastic bags of dirt flapping on the other side of the wall. It was fascinating to watch his choices after that: He wanted to explore, but he never went back up the closest aisle to the flapping. As he moved away at the end, he got more confident.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #97491
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    My threadle cue is the dog-side arm down and back. I agree that her slices on any side are extremely problematic commitment-wise. The threadle-wrap cue is the opposite arm.

    I haven’t struggled this hard remembering a course before. I must have had to look at it a dozen times and I still got it wrong. Same with the handling; I’m sure I used the wrong arm more than once. I had a pretty wicked headache for a few days, so let’s hope that that’s it and not a new, fun symptom of perimenopause.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #97489
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Package 3, Agility 1. I am trying to plan rewards more consistently rather than trying to push through the course now. Does this seem reasonable at this point? She had great teeters and weaves here.


    in reply to: Jen & Muso #97414
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    She was NOT impressed with no toy in hand. Very confused. I still struggled remembering the first one for some reason. 2nd one was way better.

    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97405
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Well, I thought it was odd that Drift wouldn’t tug on the ring since he has been tugging on it up until now…but I just discovered that his crazy tug games with Muso pulled out ALL of his front teeth since yesterday!! So, no wonder he was like “no, thanks, I’m good”. Poor dude.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #97377
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Package 4 Jumping 1 – Please ignore my dog trying to destroy herself by taking the covered dogwalk. We were largely unsuccessful on this. After both attempts, I tried it without the toy in hand and nearly got the whole thing correctly…so that’s interesting. I didn’t film that try.
    Walk Through & Attempts

    2nd Try

    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97375
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We need to back up a bit on foot targets. The toy was too exciting.



    in reply to: Jen & Drift #97276
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    He has been SO hungry lately, and my only free time has been meal times, so we’ll add toys when he’s ready to play. We did a ‘2 bowl’ session with toys later, but I didn’t film it.

    Thanks for the feedback – he is excellent with toys and bringing them back, so I can move it outside. I’m in no hurry with him. To be honest, it would have been better if I’d gotten him in a year or two when I’m feeling more confident with Muso.

    It’s been pouring everyday here, so we’ll get back to CAMP soon, I hope.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 344 total)