Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHey Tracy,
I finally dragged out a tunnel. Sprite has seen it a few times. I’ll get my act together. Gemma’s tunnel cue is “ get in.” It’s too close to “get it” her get the toy off the ground cue. I’m changing it to tunnel for Sprite, but I messed up a few times.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHey Tracy,
I’m back from my short vacation. Sprite wanted to feel wind in her hair!
I noticed on the set point video you dragged the toy on occasion. But, the original explanation said keep the toy out of your hand. Do you want us to try the moving toy?
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantShe does have a jolly ball and a soccer ball. But, I don’t think I can attach them to anything. She targeted above the hollee roller toy onto the fleece, but it’s not long enough. When I get her back I’m going to try to loop a leash through the toy knot. Or, I might have a zip tie around in my tool box. She tends to target high in general.
Yes, it’s FUN trip visiting friends. Gemma and Sprite are at a friends house. They are busy petitioning the management to open the pool! Still a bit cold, but they don’t think that’s an acceptable reason.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHi Tracy,
I did a quick film of pregames before taking Sprite to her doggy Disneyland while I’m gone. It might be too cold to swim still so she won’t be happy about that.
I don’t have toys that are long enough so I used the flirt pole. I hope that’s okay? I’ll see if my friend can braid a longer toy with a hollee roller on the end. The ones I tried she was targeting the fabric and not the ball. That kept her head up.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHey Tracy,
Let me know when that’s up. We’ve be working on cavalettis. Progress, but she sometimes skips the end.
I think this is our final day? See you in the next class. Sprite and I had so much fun! Thank you!!!
-
This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by
Ginger McMullen.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantThanks Tracy,
Yes, dragging the toy definitely is not what I was taught. But, I understand your point.
My work schedule typically dictates what I have time to do. It’s generally not more than 3 times a week, but might be clustered days. But, I’ll work on the cavalettis I set up today. Plus, I’m working on training a mark bucket front feet on. So much to work on.
As always it’s so great to work with you.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantThank you for the reminder! I have visions of what things should look like, but my reality doesn’t always match!
The bar was at 10 in. Here is a quick set point exercise with the bar at 12 in. I’ll work on extension tomorrow.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHi Tracy,
I tried adding the turn and burn. Didn’t add the verbals as she is still not adding a collection stride and she’s taking off way to far from the bar. Her jump arc is not centered at all. Bar is only 10 in, but I’m not sure what to do other than a ton more set point exercises for her.
I only did a few and this is the whole jumping effort.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantThe article specifically mentions Aussies and BC to start at 4 ft. Her book defines medium dogs as those that jump 16-20 in. But, the book says start at 5 ft. As always, the dog gives feedback. Sprite will definitely benefit from jump work. She isn’t easily adjusting her stride. Plus, Aussies tend to jump with their front and head up. Really wish she had her tail. But, she doesn’t.
Did the decel with me further over. I’m having trouble getting enough distance to get side views. Had to shoot here due to the sun, but I probably should have jumped her toward the camera. I asked for a sit once to remind her as she definitely wants to launch from further distances.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHi Tracy,
I had it set at 4 ft. Found a clean run article and I thought that’s what it said for medium dogs. Moved it to 5 ft. The front bar is at 6 in and back bar at 10 in. Sorry I’m cut off. Still trying to get more wide angle with new iPad and tripod. The reps with dol were static toy, dragging, static. The dor were dragging, static, static. I wasn’t sure if I was doing what you meant and of course you can only see the toy drag once. She’s still pulling her head, but looks a little better with rounded shoulders? I think I remember Susan Salo using a double ascending as well. I have her book, but it’s mostly grids and I don’t have enough space to set them up.
Thanks for helping with this.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHi Tracy,
This is the only set point stuff I remember. She hasn’t jumped much so I was changing the bar each rep. I’m open to other suggestions. Unfortunately, we aren’t in a live foundation class. So, it’s all home schooled.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHey Tracy,
Bar is at 10 in. Sprite is a bit distracted. She’s in heat AND I had the yard aerated today. So, the termite was attracted to the yummy dirt clogs!
She’s definitely still trying to sort out collection! Also, what do I do on the go sequence when she comes to me rather than take the jump? I just reset her. Forgot about stay rewards until I switched sides. Also, threw in some food at the end to collect before jumping. Not sure it helped, but next two looked better. Then we stopped!
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHi Tracy,
Yes, the last rep was not pretty. But, it was time to stop and I’m trying hard to break the “just one more” habit that turns into several more attempts.
I put the tripod in a new spot and you can see her sit stay! We just did stays and extension. I had a really bad toy toss so it turned into a run to get it and toss it back to her. I think these looked better! Next time I’ll go back to decel and mix it up. But, I want her to stride out a bit to feel the difference. It’s her first season too, but she seems happy to work. Plus she’s fine now from her less then optimal choice to eat her pants! Lesson learned.
-
This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by
Ginger McMullen.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantHi Tracy,
Sorry, I’m getting used to the new iPad. It zooms in more than my old one even though it’s zoomed all of the way out. So, you can’t see her sit stay.
She’s also just started her first season. Unfortunately, she spent 7 hrs in the ER yesterday after she ate her entire pants. Sigh…. Luckily I wasn’t gone too long and she didn’t need surgery. But, barely made it into the ER before they closed. That’s so scary that there’s no guarantee of 24/7 emergency vet care these days. She’s pretty normal today. Thankful!
She’s still taking off way too early. I’ll dig out cavalettis. Hope she doesn’t have ETO. However, I jumped Gemma at 20 in and before I could lower it Sprite leaps over it. I think she just needs more jumping practice to sort herself out.
Ginger McMullen
ParticipantOh, yay! I thought we were done. BTW new iPad loads the site better. So, bonus for me.
Here’s extension session. One broken stay. I think the pre-placed toy was better. But, it was also at the session end. What do you think?
-
This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts