Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 551 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31505
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Ok will do. When is the class over?

    We’ve had such a great time. Thank you so much!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31300
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Yes, we did NOT jump cars! It’s possible there was a treat in the ground. But, I’ll try to add more motion next time.

    I did put the bar at 4 in. Can’t lock it in, but jammed it against the edge. These are homemade bars. She is taking off way too early and is not adding a collection stride at all. We really haven’t done much jump work at all. But, she’s clearly not centering over the bar.

    Gemma did well! Easy to collect when I’m standing there. But MOTION and wind in the fur add excitement!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31269
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    Yea, Sprite was one on 1/24/22! I can’t believe she’s a year already. I’ve done some jump grids with low cars, but not a lot. She should be fine to try 4 in. I was tossing the toy on the extension towards the brand new iPad on the tripod. Not brilliant planning. I agree I didn’t see much change in her stride. I’ll add the bar after our walk.

    I’m not able to move sandbags just yet. So, I’ll so I the tunnel in the off weeks. Here us counter motion. I’m not sure if she lost focus or was stressed on the one rep where she ate grass. What do you think? I don’t think I over did it.

    Gemma got to do the decel at 20 in. She could use a reminder!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31253
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Ok, see above. Back in business after a few minor heart issues when the backup didn’t restore.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31248
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    OMG. I did a beautiful sesson and as I am wiping off paws the iPad fell out of the tripod holder and went splat! UGH. New one ordered, but I am not sure how long it will take to set up. It’s only money, right!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31217
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    More Hallmark moments! Yes, it’s still hard not to look for the obstacles. I’ll play with this more as it’s really fun.

    We tried the bsby lateral leadout. She rocked it!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31173
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hey Tracy,

    I had a busy day so we just played around with two cones. They are about 20 ft apart, but I still felt like I was running too close to the cone. She was a bit wide here I think. What do we do when that happens?

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31133
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Uhm, they were much further then 4ft. Moved the middle jump back slightly, and angled to get 4 ft. She was much better, except she wanted to go before swallowing her reset treat! Edited that rep out. She’s trying to run and cough up the treat.

    I still see better head turns to the left, but she looked much better with the stride at the correct distance.

    Anything in particular you want for tomorrow. I’m thinking she needs to run straighter for a day!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31115
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Well, I had tossed a treat away before saying look look. She wasn’t in a stay. So much to work on. I’ll watch th3 head bobbin* twins as I totally missed that.

    Tried MP opened. Close it a bit? She has the concept, but isn’t using one stride.

    Gemma says watching is stupid! But, she gets a turn afterwards.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31105
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Thanks Tracy. I think it’ll be easier for me with two wings to set the line better.

    I filmed indoors and did use a treat toss on the threadle reps. But, I was tossing towards the tripod which made me very nervous! She decided the reward was easier than then task on a few occasions. I’ll work on her understanding some reward markers are also releases. I’m worried about wiggling fingers in that I MIGHT pair the release with motion which I tend to do anyway. My iPhone would not load my thread to post at work. It kept redirecting. Hopefully your tech crew can get the last post first soon. I know I post a lot. 🙂

    This is hard! I’m also waiting too long for the serp release. But, fabulous foundation work.

    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    All signed up! Can’t do the zoom classes yet….but, the plan is lots of free time starting in May. Hello retirement!

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #31021
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Why is the lawn guy so late today? I know if I set up anything he will show up! The wings were touching in the MP,so I’ll separate them a bit. I can try the serp/threadle indoors again, but there isn’t much room. Also, Sprite is not understanding to release from her sit on “look” or “back.” If I always toss a cookie first for the threadle do you think that antecedent arrangement outweighs the verbal? Just curious.

    We trues wing transfer and she kept going regardless of the distance. I added the verbals, but realized you didn’t in the video. Hope that’s ok?

    in reply to: Crate work #31019
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    I have also leaned away from crate games. It created a working space for Gemma rather than a place to chill out. She whines incessantly waiting to do something and it’s difficult.

    Sprite’s only real requirement is wait be released and ideally orient to me when you come out. But, I’d love anything that can help keep them calm while other dogs work and have fun. That’s a hard concept for me to teach.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #30868
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    Is there an easier way to get to the latest post? Both my iPhone and iPad are having issues with the page loading and it kicks me off. There is a lot of content to load.

    We did this yesterday before I saw your comments. But, I do notice on videos that she’s not lined up. I know I need to work on that, but I did try to be better in this video. She still seems to turn left better to me. Interesting that you thought right was better yesterday.

    in reply to: Ginger and Sprite ( 9 mos old Aussie) #30825
    Ginger McMullen
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    Yes, that’s why I used the LSM, but I wanted to be sure.

    Tried the minny pinny. Jumps were backwards at first. Oops! She’s working her footwork out. I’ll try adding verbals the next session. Interesting how much mud is getting on her dew claws. First dog to have them.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 551 total)