Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 287 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Tina and Julee #70472
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Redid our proofing to make it easier. Worked much better. Doing the wraps with a little less chaos since she isn’t gripping and still working on the tape:

    Tunnel exits: since throwing now makes me anxious I did place the toy down for the go. (One rep got deleted) but she didn’t drive to it the first time second rep she did. I don’t feel she knows the turn well so I decided to not do the wrap and just reward where she should go. Is that ok?

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #70430
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    We have been on and off training this week so here’s a few updates

    Grids moving target add learned that the power of saying “D” which is Chata nickname when she’s running amuck has some effect on julee as she left to look for D who wasn’t actually there I just said the wrong dog name lol

    Wrap proofing: super hard for us

    Smiley game:
    Mixed my words up first round. Ooops

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #70380
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Wrapping her feet is a non option right now. It will be a while. Julee is in a class for cooperative care to help her with her touch issues. Panties this week alone was stressful on both of us. In the meantime I’ll work through the other stuff.

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #70370
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Our set point- struggled with where to actually set her. She seems to do better when she can load in. She isn’t new to set point just been awhile.

    Wind in your hair :
    If I throw the toy there’s still some kamakazie ball diving. If I place it we still have too many errors of her going behind me to get it. (Same as in max pup 1 when we had the wing to the ball on the flat. )

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69827
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Decel. Hurt my heart with her falling on her face

    360/backside wrap
    I say it was a 50/50 team struggle on this lol!

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69801
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    We revisited with paying attention to Mechanics as well and all is good!

    SERPs with motion are hard! If we don’t start with a warm up of no motion , we struggle. She was so good when Chata barked and she seemed to handle the reset fine. She’s been 20 percent breaking stays as of late with hand cues so that’s just a continuation of Learning. I don’t believe it caused the issue of going around. This video is a mirror of what we did the other day when we tried as well. So just keep moving ridiculously slow? It felt painfully slow

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69761
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Here’s a funny story. I went to do it again and break it down more figure out how to hold my hands that may help and she nailed it. Like nailed it. I was like wow julee. Just wanted to give me a hard time and make me struggle ! And I didnt video

    I’ll pause on it for a few days and then when I work both sides I’ll pay attention to my physical cues. I don’t think I was focused enough on them vs using them to toss the food when she got it

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69758
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Couldn’t edit. The threadles are not going so well

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69757
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    These are going to well… they were then motion got us. Sessions through the day. One side is all good…

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69682
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    This seemed sort of too easy. And ackward lol

    Revisiting my tunnels. Before this video starts I had to use a “julee Reynolds” in a kind way of course bc she was bouncing all over the place like she was on scent of a rabbit or something. I realized we had league and there were a bunch of dogs she didn’t know in there. It was quite interesting as I’ve never seen this before

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69624
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    As I’m trucking through the course, I’m getting to the find my face game: would this one seem appropriate to skip for now? Wink wink. I understand the concept but generally she already comes at me and has eyes for me..

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69606
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    I have an arms issue 😂. It’s not her it’s me!!!

    Tunnel threadle- I should have an arm out. It’s not really…
    Threadle barrel- I have not trained any dogs to do a threadle wrap so… I don’t know if I want an arm ( you had asked this on the flat work too) I think I should? You tell me!

    The tunnels: I see I’m rotated a lot to her, shouldn’t I be more feet forward? Also I’m almost to the entry she’s gonna take so not sure if I’m too far up. I’ve never actually trained it this way!!

    Also I’m not tossing toys or fodd bc we have a massive KC outbreak here and it’s making training suck but I don’t have space at home. Lotus ball with barrel was not ideal.

    Also: she did her jump up thing and clipped me in the cheek! Member how we tossed frisbee and it was HIgHLY rewarding? When I toss frisbees she had a hard time the next couple training sessions to know we aren’t doing that and she got a little over stim when I took the toy for the first “out” and thought she was either getting a frisbee throw or working….

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69549
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Revisiting our pattern games with people and slices. Some moments of this is hard. Over all seemed ok. Had to adjust tugging when it was to hard to throwing. Also learned the game of toss the frisbee over rides it all. Faith was dead to her when I was just throwing rollers lol.

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69535
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    Did you know they make Gouda in pre cut cubes? Cheese is one of julee highest and Gouda ( that’s how I know about the cubes) and that’s what I used big chucks too. I tried the frisbee. Really never thought she would say not to it. I mean you have seen her with the frisbee!

    – she was either on Leash or left to her own. There was a crate but trainer had just taken her dog from that crate and put in car. We have a massive KC outbreak here and I wasn’t comfortable putting her in there.

    Undecided if I’ll go back. It was an ackward situation but I wanted to get julee out bc she needs it

    in reply to: Tina and Julee #69529
    Tina Reynolds
    Participant

    I shouldn’t have trained today. It was a horrible day of mean girls but we still had lots of success I just was a bit distracted. Took me a full minute to realize I wasn’t calling julee name out of the tunnel. Sigh.

    Also you probably will notice she was off camera more and didn’t come when I called: I truly believe it’s that whole rehearsal creates rehearsal.
    I finally got on dirt yesterday and I just keep replaying the crap training on my part. Julee went to a new place. Never seen dirt. Didn’t know the person. I was managing her but pattern games were hard and she slipped my hand and – almost cracked the person in the nose. Everything you and I talked about already and I felt terrible. Julee felt it immediately and was nervous around the trainer for the rest of the time.

    She couldn’t tug so all I had was a lotus type food toy but not the ball and it just got caked with dirt and she had a hard time getting the cheese just all mechanical snit show… and she thought the dirt was a place to sniff. She worked when we asked but there was no crates and it was very hard for me to keep her with me while th person was talking so she sniffed and sniffed and today.. when we got to FF she sniffed and sniffed

    Callling a reset on things and staying home for a day or two but here’s our tunnel whammy 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 287 total)