Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Taq and Danika #66686
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    Today I worked out a plan for the ring. Nice dark tunnel but she was more distracted so I tried to just play.

    More commotion ringside, and some interest in hunting for food outside the ring.

    We warmed up with the 5 tricks for treats at my rv. Then we crated ringside for 10 mins then warmed up for toy.

    Maybe I should not have used treats?

    We will have another chance beg of Dec. I door arena with bleachers. Novice should be later in the day.

    My plan tomorrow is to do some play sessions ringside. She is not entered tomorrow.

    in reply to: Taq and Danika #66672
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    Woohoo!! She was awesome so fun fun! I bought 4 toys and she liked this one the most. I did some trick warmups for toy not food. I did introduce the magic hoodie pocket too. I took advantage of the judge running out to check something. I got greedy maybe on the double. I just wanted her to see one. We have one more tomorrow. Hoping for a tunnel.

    Ps hoodie was warm and I am not coordinated.. but we knew that.

    in reply to: Taq and Danika #66540
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Thank you so much for the screen shots and drawing!!! You really helped me understand!

    As you predicted when we took our games on the road she was less interested in toy play. She did not care about running dogs or people. She likes to meet dogs and people but can also leave them easily. This videos were 10 mins after arrival. Later we sat ring side and she was still more into the food than the toys. I have an idea for our feo to bring her holler roller on a long bitey tail. Ps I found a food that she goes nuts over- goat cheese.

    Food patterns

    Toy1

    Toy2

    in reply to: Taq and Danika #66479
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    This weekend there is a local trial so I can take these things on the road and see how she does.

    I tried seq 4 and 5 tonight. I am still struggling with her not being as obstacle focused as I would like.

    Seq 4

    Seq 5

    in reply to: Taq and Danika #66455
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Here is the 5 tricks. I used the toy reward. She is still a slower eater so food works well for some things.

    I will try sequencing again in the morning.

    in reply to: Taq and Danika #66409
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Thanks for the tips on my verbals. I find them so challenging. I probably did not use them well on these sequences either. I am so happy with her start lines!

    I will take our stuff on the road this weekend. There is not enough daylight in my life right now.

    I thought the sit pretty was good core building. But it definitely is not a quick trick. Hind legs she does already!

    I will do the 5 trick play session tonight. I also entered her FEO/NFC at a small outdoor AKC trial in a jumpers class. My plan to do some start lines, ring entry and rewards! I am going to bring a holee roller on a fluffy rope. If she seems unsure when we walk in I will ask for some spins. If she is not comfortable we will just play in the ring. Writing it down to keep me honest. The good news is that I can’t cheat since she does not have any idea what weave poles are. My competitive juices will have to stay dormant.

    Here is seq 3
    This went fine with the rear but no way with the blind. I ran the seq with her mom
    And put the blind between 3 and 4 by mistake and it worked well. Maybe I had the course set.
    Full bloopers!

    Seq 4- I did a late front (my specialty in stead of a blind) Double Oops! I was a line dancer growing up and I just default to matching the timing- I need to lead!

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by dlbannasch.
    in reply to: Taq and Danika #66367
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Ok here are more back and forth and tricks

    Seq 1

    Seq 2

    I also am working on a few other tricks. Sit pretty??…

    YOu are brilliant by the way. Cricket and I trialed on Sunday (toller national was not enough so I drove 5 hours south for agility) and Hairy Barky ran 4-5 dogs before us while we were at set up. Cricket immediately got STIMULATED, tail all a quiver, inner terror coming out, and I did back and forth pattern with cookies. It took exactly 2 cookies and she was 100% at a perfect state! She has an adorable little dial.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by dlbannasch.
    in reply to: Taq part 2 #65832
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Front cross exercise and a toy for the mat. The best mat work was when she had a ball in her mouth…

    in reply to: Taq part 2 #65797
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    Oh my gosh you are so right!!! Such bad mechanics.

    I really felt these sequences helped me focus on how to do this correctly. These are the camp exit lines refresher. On the last one she did not go into the tunnel because of the closed shoulder etc. I had the sequence wrong in my head too. E figured it out but tomorrow I want to do this again with better connection into the tunnel. And the banana was so much better with reward cues…. Duh

    in reply to: Taq part 2 #65777
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy- thank you so much for the screen shots. It is so hard for me to run that way. I have got to get it right!!! Work in progress. I did know it must be something I was doing. I tried…. Maybe it is the left turn too. Combined with worse timing on my part…

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by dlbannasch.
    in reply to: Taq part 2 #65767
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    Did a few more decels with some speed. Also the tunnel by pass. I ended up straightening the tunnel a bit to make finding the back side easier.

    in reply to: Taq part 2 #65741
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    I think I have not gotten to the camp stuff. Further down the list.

    Decels not surprising went pretty well in. Taq says thinks for the chicken on the teeter. I limited reps but will do more since that really helped her drive forward.

    in reply to: Taq part 2 #65735
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    We did the distance training in a couple of session and I only recorded part of one. So I showed a bit of that and then putting it all together. This is definitely going to be something we need to work on!

    Are there other general exercises that we should do? I was thinking about going back to the lesson on lateral lead outs.

    Teeter I started her from the klimb and that worked much better. She is better on my left…

    I had a question on max pup4. There do not seem to be regular working spots just audit and full live session ones. Is that accurate?

    in reply to: Taq part 2 #65653
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Arrgh my post did not go through

    The blinds definitely worked better but the layering was a mess. How can I break it down for her?

    And our teeter work

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by dlbannasch.
    in reply to: Taq and Danika #65580
    dlbannasch
    Participant

    Tracy

    We did a long fun walk this AM so just a short set of work this evening. She handled this really well.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 221 total)