Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Kris, Huck and Mae #55129
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning Tracy!
    I worked some of the pattern games outside today. Tina has been doing these with Huck since a pup so he was pretty wise to them, Mae has played too but I think she was more distracted. Of course I used kibble in the fall 🙄 and it was super windy!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #53958
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning!
    Thanks for the feedback. It’s funny because I walked it the way you suggest for maple but it was suggested I do it the other way lol. Shoulda just stuck to what I knew would work (the serp line). I cut off the video part where is say – “I’d never make her do that” lol.
    My question – simpler handling for me often involves RC and I know that’s not always the right thing. How do I get more confidence staying ahead but still keeping things simple?

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #53948
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We did two of the jumpers pop outs last Wednesday in class. The first one I felt pretty comfortable with although when I tried to be a little tighter the second run she didn’t like it. On the second course, I didn’t feel comfortable with the way we handled that ending line and it obviously showed poor Mae. Things seemed to go better second time around, though it felt slow and cumbersome to me.

    in reply to: Kris and Huck #53947
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Tried to do some serp practice with Huck tonight. He loves o do it and gets very excited but he can’t sit still even for a second lol. I don’t know what to do. I let the videos run so you could maybe come up with a plan for me? Lol. I wish I had videoed the part afterwards where I just ran him and did the exercises, he was awesome!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #53478
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    So I have a couple questions – first, did I set this up wrong? You mentioned the way it was built required a lead change. And second question is what should my shoulders and stuff be doing to support that go out line? You mentioned I was forward which I thought was right but it sounds like that pulled her in?
    Today I tried the jumpers course up at FF. Eh. We are really not too successful on the full courses. I got the wrong tunnel whenever possible lol. And she couldn’t get her weavers. We broke things down and the issues got better. Sometimes I wish we could do things right the first time. I did get a new agility shirt I thought you’d appreciate. Lol!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #53430
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Mae and I worked the RYG challenge sequence 1 today. It was very hot and humid so I only did a couple reps. She struggled with layering the tunnel so in the last video I broke it down with a target. I included this video to make sure it was the right way to train a go out. Thanks!!

    in reply to: Kris and Huck #53429
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Sorry I didn’t attach the other videos lol

    in reply to: Kris and Huck #53428
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Huck and I did a few games at the barn when I was setting up the RYG stuff for CAMP. He is so excited to do something on the teeter he can’t even deal lol. I don’t think he was afraid though.
    I think the others went pretty well, I messed up one of the FC and he read a spin.

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #52981
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Mae and I went to the barn to practice the RYG challenges for this week. The first part of the video where she does 1b is actually supposed to be 1a, I left it in like that because we had a hard time getting that and was hoping for suggestions. I did break it down for her before we filmed and we did fine but when we put it together it got sketchy lol. The last video of sequence 2 I think I was pretty late with the wrap part because I got really excited that I did a blind and forgot to keep doing stuff! She was a good girl and saved me.
    I really liked these sequences!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #52934
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    So Wednesday we tried the jumpers pop outs from the third package. We were both still pretty tired from the trial weekend and I think it shows. I set the RYG up at the barn and I will hopefully get to those this weekend. I couldn’t figure out a good way to do that turn at 6.

    in reply to: Kris and Huck #52933
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!

    I brought Huck to the barn to work on the week 2 games today! He is so much fun! He just loves all things! Predictably, I struggled on the blind cross portion but I tried to makes sure he kept having fun regardless of me being wrong.

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #52635
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Ugh yes I am the same as you! People pleaser since I was young and hate confrontation. I will try to make some safe boundaries for myself because agility is really starting to lose all the fun for me and I only do it for fun. I want to do well of course because that’s more fun lol but I like to laugh and eat and make people laugh while I’m there. I’ll try some practicing to Winn and Mae and Huck lol. I always tell them all the hard stuff anyway.

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #52619
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning Tracy!
    I had a question about the consider the source section and accidentally put it in the comments of that part instead of here. Sorry about that.

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #52017
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,
    So ran the jwws sequence today. Pretty bummed out it was basically just a mess. I broke it into 1-10 and then 10-19 but we couldn’t get that right either. Not thinking this is something we are very good at. We’ve been doing pretty crummy for this whole package.

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #51827
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Ok that sounds good! I didn’t know on that first package we could go to the take off side to set up the rear cross better. I will try that at the barn maybe.
    Today I practiced the agility course pop outs. They were tricky! I only ran them a couple times because I didn’t want her to get too hot and tired. I couldn’t figure out that last one at all lol. Were we supposed to end to that one backside behind the tunnel and layer to 7?
    I also couldn’t figure out the first sequence how to get the backside of 5. We kind of collided lol.
    She worked really hard on all of this though I think!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 140 total)