Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
I will definitely keep working that focus forward because you are right, the instinct to pounce just isn’t a thing !
Today we tried the wing wrap and the blind cross games. We also revisited the nose touch with the reward placement fixed. I think on the wing wrap I moved it too far too fast so I put it closer. I tried both a toy and food on the blind cross game to see which worked better.
Thanks!
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
So I practiced the first couple games with Mae today and I also redid the pillow game with the reward in the right spot. I think I argued with her a little bit more then she needed about her stay on her drive to handler game. She has a teeny stay but I probably shoulda just tossed her a cookie.
She wasn’t really running to her toy on the focus forward game she was kinda trotting along. Is that ok?
Thanks !
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
We did a little pre gaming today! I think she liked it (: I used a pillow for her object and I used a jar opener thingy one of my students made me for the nose touch! When I watched the videos back I feel like she should of gotten rewarded more often on the pillow part. Also my editing was terrible I’m sorry, I’m so tired all the time I don’t know whether I’m coming or going half the time!
Let me know what you think!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
So we tried the zig zag game today and I kept it much shorter. She was a little unsure in the beginning but I think she got more confident as we kept trying. Let me know what you think!Kris Hart
ParticipantHello!
We tried the smiley face game today. She seemed to really like it! Please excuse my flailing arms good lord! I left the part of the video where she struggled to get the hang of going the other way so you could tell me if I was doing something wrong or that’s just a harder way for her? Also wondered if I should stick with these games or move onto another one? Thanks !,Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Thank you So much for picking some games for me! I had today off from school and it was great to have a little training plan for Mae! After I watched it back I realized I didn’t do a front cross on the one side, but she was having so much fun! We practiced the tunnel today and she liked it so I will try the smiley face game soon too!
Let me know what you think!!Kris Hart
ParticipantMorning Tracy!
I’m sorry I haven’t posted anything. Going back to school has been a lot more exhausting then I realized. Mae doesn’t really get trained like she should and I can’t figure out which games we are ready for. Ugh I feel like a hot mess. Anyway I videoed a little bit of our serp game yesterday to see what you think.Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
I had Winn over to the barn today and we practiced that last course again. She missed jump 7 again when I tried to do a send and wrap back to the tunnel. I don’t have any video but was just wondering if there’s games I could practice for that or something? She does not like that move at all so far.
Thanks!
Sorry for no video the puppy brain is taking over lol!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
So I think overall this went pretty good? On sequence one I feel like she liked me starting with her more then the lead out. On sequence two she totally saved my butt. On sequence three I struggled with that one backside and I also pulled her off on her dig dig wrap back to the tunnel. I thought I showed decel instead of stopping but she said differently! Also, with the convergence she is still asking some questions I think?
Let me know what you think of this!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
We worked the skill sets a little bit yesterday. It’s so hot up here I kept it really short. I feel like I am not doing the convergence right. The first time she ticked the bar and then she took it down another time. I’m also not sure I did the 180s the way you were asking? It was more of a rear then a blind on that second one! Let me know what ya think! Thanks 😊Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Really enjoying this unit. This is a very major weakness for me.
On the first walk through, I think maybe I didn’t recognize 9 to be tricky for her? I was thinking about her angle to the tunnel but maybe not enough about getting her to take it correctly?
On the second walk through I felt like I had a nice fluid plan then I got flustered during the run and had to back peddle to save it, which she did for me!
Let me know what you think!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
I feel like today was a great training day! We did a lot of work on the custom skills stuff. I concentrated on the SERP, backside and threadle ones with lots of rewards. I didn’t video these because she was understanding them, having fun and just really showing enthusiasm which I love. I did Do sequence 1 and 2 and I tried to pay attention to planning my handling out better and being clearer with her like you suggested in week 2. I also tried really hard not to dangle my hand on her backsides. I think I owe you some craft beer 😂
Here’s our sequence video let me know what you think!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
We practiced the skills for week three this morning. I think they went ok. It got warm in the barn and her tongue was hanging out by the last couple so I kinda feel like I didn’t have to handle those in “real time” but let me know what you think!Kris Hart
ParticipantMorning!
Thank you for the feedback. I think I understand what you mean but I’m not entirely sure how to fix it. Do you mean like my timing is off because I’m behind in what I’m doing? I’m not sure how to fix that when I walk 😢 I know I have to pretend she is with me. I guess I’m glad at least I’m starting to figure out the right handling choices for her most of the time. I feel like this goes back to our mental management class we took during lock down. Like the visualization parts? Would that help you think?Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Thanks for the feedback it does make sense.
I gotta day I’m really bummed with this training session. I don’t really see where I did much right for her at all. I kept trying but if one thing fixed another one broke. We switched to a novice course for the second run because we struggled so much on masters but I think she was kinda over it by then. Let me know what ya think!
https://youtu.be/lBg2pCaDhP0 -
AuthorPosts