Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Kris and Mae #51778
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Still struggling with that part but I’ll keep trying.
    How do you keep your mind from racing when you try to do the mindfulness stuff? I can’t get my head to be quiet lol.

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #51777
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We practiced the RYG challenges. I struggled a little bit lol. I couldn’t get a good feel for how to do the RC and turn her back around the jump and out. I was in her way every time. In package 2 she was convinced it was more efficient to jump over the tunnel and then go in it so I’m not sure what was happening there exactly! But I did think she went out for me really nicely. Thanks!

    in reply to: Kris and Huck #51309
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!

    I took Huck to SOTC for a change of venue and was really happy with his focus! Playing games like you suggested before working is really making a difference! No toy play in strange locations yet though.
    I tried to make the teeter so it wouldn’t move and I did a terrible job. He seemed fine with the whole thing but when I watched the video back it was just scary.

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #51256
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning!
    Been practicing the kind words for other people challenge. I find it so easy to find nice things to say to someone else about all sorts of different stuff. But not so much for me. I always tell me exactly what I did wrong or what could have been better. Or that I shouldn’t even be trying to do xyz. That part is really hard so far.

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #51188
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Thank you! So we went to FF and practiced the standard course with the jumps at 20 and the promise to try and handle as best as I could and she got it!!! I always post our first try even when they suck so it is fun to post one where we didn’t do bad for a change!!! Didn’t worry about the bars and they didn’t fall lol!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #51148
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi!
    Thank you for all your insights. I feel so bad for her when I go back and watch it with the things in place that you tell me to watch for ugh!!!! I never mean to do that to her. I knew I was too tired to do a good job that session.

    I will put her to 20 for training. Do you think she would still be able to compete at 24 if I do that? I’ve been told that if she practices at 20 she will become lazy about keeping her feet up?

    When you said to stay near the backside wing to avoid the tunnel, do you mean the one closest to the next jump? Or the following obstacle? I wasn’t sure how to handle that part.
    Thanks! Standard course up tomorrow !

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #51017
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We started work on the RYG challenges today. Donna helped me remember to stay connected which helped with the bars on sequence two. Once we got the tunnel back, we had a really hard time staying out of it lol! On the third sequence I broke it down to just the two jumps and the tunnel but she was still going for it. Then on the last sequence we were both tired and I shoulda quit. It was one thing after the other lol. The thing I struggled with the most and finally gave up was backside 7. She slices it and lands almost in the tunnel lol. Even the lotus ball wouldn’t convince her otherwise. Is there a way to get her to round the wing a little softer so she is looking more at me?

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #50966
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Thank you!!!!
    It’s amazing how much better I felt just writing all that stuff down and having someone I admire kinda validate that there is a long list there. I can’t explain it but it just made it feel
    More manageable!!!
    And the idea that I can just do fun stuff for training or sneak in little bits and it’ll still help makes me so much less worried about them! That constant feeling of being behind is subsiding a little bit. This course that I thought would be one more pressure thing to check off on my list is becoming my favorite part of the day! Thank you for offering this course!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #50954
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Thanks for the feedback!!! That made my day!!! I don’t often remember to handle proactively or aggressively, I was smiling to myself about the whole rest of the day.
    I wasn’t able to get back up to FF to redo anything but I did go to the barn and set up the RYG challenges. I will be focusing on them this week whenever I can. Do you think in general rear crosses are not my best option for her? Or just the way I handled them in the 11-14 line?
    Thanks (:

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #50881
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,
    We got the chance to work on jumpers course today. I really had a hard time figuring out11-14. The second run a handful of bars came down too so I’m guessing I was late with stuff.
    Thanks!

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #50880
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi!
    Still feeling kinda overwhelmed but here’s my lists so far
    Can’t control
    Daughter got hurt and needs much more help now
    Have to take care of mother in law which adds to things I am juggling
    So much work around the property with bees chickens etc and I get very sore and tired
    Have developed a heart condition since last bout of Covid
    Winn’s ED has progressed badly and she has many sore days

    Can Control
    Trying to eat better so I feel better
    Trying to carve out. Consistent time every day to train

    Dog sport out of control
    Don’t always have enough time or energy to train properly
    Our Q rate is really low and I wish it wasn’t
    Courses seem very tight for my big girl
    Feeling very overwhelmed with a almost 3yr old and almost 1 yr old to train

    Dog sport I can control
    Learn how to target my training sessions to help me and the dogs learn better and more efficiently
    Make sure we only enter trials with good surfaces to help keep bars up

    in reply to: Kris and Huckleberry #49524
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    To answer your question – Winn received PRP for her elbow dysplasia and is now going weekly to Cornell for shockwave therapy. She seems to be responding so fingers crossed!
    Huck and I got a little practice in, my footwork was very wonky with the rocking horse lap turn thing. And I thought I got more reps in with the go and then wrap but I guess not lol.

    in reply to: Kris and Huckleberry #48793
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    So excited the stay is starting to sink in a little bit!!!
    Winn had a PRP injection at Cornell yesterday so we were stuck at home. I only have a few jumps here so we did rear cross practice and a version of the left and right proofing. It wasn’t perfect but I am so happy with the attention he gave me outside!

    in reply to: Kris and Huckleberry #48612
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi,
    We worked a little bit on some of the week 3 stuff today before going back to week 2. Otherwise I’m going to get too far behind.
    Thanks for the feedback.

    in reply to: Kris and Huckleberry #48576
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Oh geez. Lots of mistakes on my part on this one I guess. Ok I will try to work on all that stuff you said. I will be on week 2 forever sounds like. It is hard to switch from a dog that is 25” withers to one that is maybe 12.
    I do play crate games with him by the way, the concept just doesn’t really seem to transfer anywhere else. We also work on sit tug sit a lot but that also isn’t transferring yet.
    I’ll keep working on everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 140 total)