Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Got called into work last week and had no time for training. Don’t know how I trained my other dogs when I worked full time lolol.
Anyway we worked more set point and the tunnel games from week 2. I think his set point work is coming along a little bit though staying is still for losers in his book. Moving the jumps apart definitely helped! The tunnel games went well but he is very very focused on me still I think. Do I do toy races to help with that?
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
We practiced the other two games today – smiley face and wrap proofing. They went pretty good though I’m thinking I need more value on the tunnel then I have.
We also practiced the advanced level of the wind in your hair. He did much better with the reward thrown versus placed I think. I got more speed anyway. Sorry the video has painfully long gaps while he finds the lotus ball, I had my readytreat out for this and the dumb battery died!
Didn’t revisit the set point since I can’t get him to sit still!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Thanks for the feedback. I wondered if I had set the jumps too close I know I felt squished. It’s proving hard for me to switch between Maple and Huck lol. She needs the jumps about 8 feet apart with her legs.
I practiced the stays in isolation today. Thy went ok but boy is he a fidget! When I started catching him faster I think that helped. I have a feeling this is going to be a work in progress for awhile?
Good side – the go go go games he is all over!
Here’s some stay practice so I know if I’m doing the right thing for him.Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
We tried another session of the wrap verbals and I moved it closer. He was much more successful thank you! Should I keep it here?
He had lots of fun with the wind in your hair game but not so much the set point. I was getting frustrated but tried not to let him know. His stay is pretty non existent. Should I work on this somehow separately? If I crept away ok he seemed to understand to look towards his ready treat fine.
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Huck and I worked on a few different things this morning. We did perch work, rear crosses and sends to the cone. Was he turning the right way on the sends? I felt like I was sorta doing some awkward version of a FC instead of how nice and smooth yours looked 😑
Trying to pick up bits and pieces to try and catch up before class ends!Kris Hart
ParticipantMorning!
That would be great Tracy thanks! I have played the crate games but not in awhile. If you think that’ll help I’ll play them iver the weekend. I’ll try the clicker too. He can’t sit still for beans – constant motion lol!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Took Huck over to the barn today to practice and really happy with his focus and attention for such a little guy! Most of our stuff went pretty good. The beginning stays were kinda a cluster. The ball I was trying to use as a reward took a long time to deliver the reward and I think it got lost in translation to him. It got better with food but he is NOT a sitter lol! I also had to really work the tunnel because he wasn’t in love with it, I hope the way I did it helped. He loves the magic box that is the ready treat lol!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
So I’m feeling a little overwhelmed because I have gotten so far behind I don’t know how to catch up now. I wanted to submit some video though so I mostly just did the stuff I had practiced before and a couple other things. Could you help me figure out what I should practice next?!
ThanksKris Hart
ParticipantThanks Tracy!
We will head back to the barn soon and try those counter motion games again! Today I read through and practiced some of the resilience games. I did the one game in the garage because garages are interesting to terriers lol. That was lots of fun and he loved it. I also practiced teaching him a get it word to drive ahead to his toy like you suggested and I think that helped him a lot too! The other two were Plankarobics on a Huck sized plank and another try at backing up. Poor little dude does much better when I can get my mechanics right!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Thanks for the feedback!! I will totally make you some margs whenever you’re in town 😀
Cranberry concentrate ice cubes …
Anyway I digress – couple quick questions before I practice again. So I can use yes with counter motion but stay close and say get it with parallel path is that correct?Also no it wasn’t his prop it was Maples bumper in the dirt that she had grabbed and ran around with. But on that game do you mean when you say bigger decel like to stop and then turn? So he knows?
Thanks! Sorry for the questions I just don’t want to practice wrong.
He LOVES the barn btw!!
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Sorry about the double video post – that’s what happens when you are trying to post your homework after enjoying some pomegranate margueritas 😂Today we worked the plank, toy races, parallel path/counter motion and the BC to decel. It was our first time working in the barn and he had his collar so I thought he did great. The toy races seemed disjointed. I don’t think he is driving ahead as much as looking at me and going with me. What do you think? Also the parallel path and counter motion was hard cuz he was convinced there was a cookie in my pointer finger. I’m not sure how to help fix those. Let me know what you think!
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi,
I tried the backing up differently like I think you had suggested and it went a little better but he is still a wile little thing lol. We will keep working on it.
Started the wing wrap with a cone today and he seemed pretty good with that too.There won’t be any scratching at home because he doesn’t wear his collar at home and he HATES wearing a collar !
The last game we tried was the any toy any time gam e and this was by far his fav! I think it went pretty good even though it got a little hard after a cookie.
Let me know what you think!Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
Huck went on a big adventure to SOTC yesterday to tape some homework! He did really good I thought! He didn’t want to play his tuggy there for the blinds so I worked some just plain tugging off camera. It did get better. My other question is the backing up. He immediately play bows and skootches himself across the floor lol! How do I fix that? Overall I know we are way behind but I’m really happy with his progress so far!
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
We tried the blind cross again. I think maybe a little better today although he still likes his cookie better than the toy. The room we were in was a little longer so I had a bit more space. We also tried getting on all the different stuff and adding the jump post to that 2 food bowl game.
Kris Hart
ParticipantHi Tracy!
So I think the focus forward is good and the prop is good too. The snacks I used for the prop were way too big sorry about the chewing lag time – I forget how little he is.
However I know why my dogs and I don’t do blind crosses well. I suck at teaching them 🙁.
I tried with a toy and with food and they both shoulda just been deleted but I figured maybe you can help me if you see how bad I am. Luckily Huck is game for anything and he didn’t care lol. -
AuthorPosts