Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Kris and Winn #22907
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We started the skill sets today. I’m not sure if Winn had an off day or she really struggles with these skills but it was hard! There were many more misses then are on the video clip. Should I make something easier?? I didn’t know if I should move the wing up or move myself forward to help her. Weird thing is she has consistently been missing the table in trials but that was her most independent obstacle today of the three I tried!

    She and Maple both played the ring ready games and thought those were great fun!

    in reply to: Maple and Kris #21961
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    I snuck in a few minutes practice of the lateral lead outs today. I’m trying to increase enthusiasm and tugging too a little bit. It’s weird because the first video she did really pretty decent but we struggled the second video. I don’t know if I went too long ? It was only about 6 minutes total. Or was I doing something else wrong maybe?

    in reply to: Maple and Kris #21386
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    I actually handed in my resignation a couple weeks ago so this summer will be extra fun! I hoped to work a few more years but just can’t do it anymore.

    Thank you for the suggestion to go closer to the wing. I kept getting to the jump ahead of her and this will definitely help that. I’d like her to drive a bit more then she does.
    I LOVE your idea to just grab a couple minutes to play with her at a time! We ran out in the backyard Nd tried the SERP proofing today. It seemed to go pretty well!

    in reply to: Maple and Kris #21305
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Ugh I hate getting so far behind in class work!! It stresses me out!! My work schedule has doubled because of COVID and I’m not keeping up well! Almost summer! Anyway, I still trying to work through the games in sequential order so I tried some serp practice and wind in your hair. Let me know what you think!


    in reply to: Maple and Kris #19967
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Today we practiced the set point again and I think it went much better with the changes you recommended. We also practiced the SERP game and the wind in her hair game. I feel like the SERP game was a mess. The clip I included looks ok, but it took us awhile to get to it and what’s even worse is I was getting frustrated with both of us. I didn’t even include the front cross clip because she kept coming in then going back out behind me to kinda SERP it and I got even more frustrated which I didn’t mean to.
    The last one was the wind in her hair one and I think that went pretty well, though she doesn’t really drive past me, she goes past me.
    Let me know what you think.

    in reply to: Maple and Kris #19542
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Maple and I headed over to the barn to work on the week one games today. There’s a couple things I wanted to ask, mainly about the set point. I don’t think she is spacing herself right but I’m not sure. I also don’t know if it’s because she just isn’t that excited or I’m doing something wrong. I did try moving the jumps closer. I videoed 2 different tries. My other question was about working with her toy out. During the smiley face game she had a hard time keeping it together when her toy was out so I ended up tucking it in my sweatshirt so she could focus a little. Was that the right call? She had made a handful of mistakes when the toy was out but did great when I just used it as a reward.
    Let me know what you think!


    in reply to: Kris and Maple #16636
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    So yesterday Mae and I worked on some perch work and the beginning retrieve. I think she definitely has a stronger side on her perch work. Left seemed to get much easier movement. Not sure that I did the retrieve game correctly but she was happy to interact with it.
    Thanks!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #16401
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We took the rocking horse game to sotc today. I also spread the wings further apart. I think she was a little hesitant maybe? There was another dog working in the ring at the same time though so I was super proud of her for working with me through all the other fun things going on. Let me know what you think!
    Thanks (:

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #16300
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    I actually thought I posted this a couple days ago but it never showed up so I’m trying again! We have done a second session of this since this one with both some distance and some sideways and backwards sends. The only time I’m getting hesitation is when she gets a sniff of the cookie in my hands as I’m sending her then her head whips back to me lolol. The one that is posted here is our first try at it.

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #16153
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Thanks Tracy!
    Those suggestions make perfect sense and I will try them with her! Yesterday we did a session of the beginning stays at home. It’s hard to do it at the barn because the treats get lost in the dirt. I think this one went good though!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #16034
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We practiced a little bit of the SERP and parallel path in a new place on Friday. I’m not really sure I was doing the reward placement correctly. She didn’t want to drive to her toy if it wasn’t moving in the parallel path game. Should I be putting a manners minder or target out instead?
    Thanks!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #15575
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We worked a handful of games today because I feel like we are ridiculously behind ugh! I’m not sure what week I left off but I tried some of week four today.
    Stays I think were a little better and tunnel games went pretty good. I don’t think my mechanics were very good on the strike a pose. She likes her toy to be alive so I didn’t really stand still like I should to let her drive over to it. Not sure how to fix that.
    Thanks !


    in reply to: Kris and Maple #15108
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Hope you all had a nice holiday down there! Maple and I got back to work today. I practiced the start line stays and the putting it together thingy. I feel like my start line practice was not spectacular. I’m very nervous training this because I’ve never had a dog with a good one and I think it showed. I think the other one went better.
    We are still working the backing up. Getting closer to the couch helped but I’m only getting a couple steps is that ok?
    Thanks!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #14927
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi!
    Ok I think I understand the backing up method better but I still struggled 😬 I do think we got more steps though. This is different then the way we taught Winn.
    We also tried the plank. She was happy to get on but I feel like we kinda got stuck. Sorry these are so long. I didn’t realize it til I went to edit them!
    Thanks!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #14741
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Pretty sure we are behind everybody but we are working through week two games right now. This morning we worked on different tuggy toys, increasing our wing wrap ( I used my sons djembe lol hope that was ok!) and finally backing up. I think things went well except for backing up. That seemed like an epic fail! All three are included let me know!



Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)