Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Kris and Winn #25420
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Me and Winn had a great training session today. It wasn’t very long but it was a great “conversation” lol! I did the volume dial thing with her and I realized that her ball makes her a whole different girl! I filmed the volume dial and the sequence together and even though I messed up the sequence, she was so much faster and more animated then Monday! I don’t know exactly how to use this info, but it was so nice to see her actually excited to run! So much fun! We never did get the sequences this time but that wasn’t really the thing …. (:
    Now how do I use this at a trial?!

    in reply to: Kris and Winn #25361
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Winn is finally released so we went over to train a little today. I ran Maple thru some of them too because I didn’t want to do a ton with Winn yet. I’m not sure I did these right but it was fun! Let me know what you think!

    in reply to: Kris & Maple #25360
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Me and Mae finally got back to practicing today. I think I did things in order but I’m not sure. I did the mountain climbers with a chute and then I tried the lap turns and tandems. I know I did parts of the lap turns wrong! I had it in my head and watched the video before I left for the barn but my wifi isn’t good there and I think I messed up. Mae was a good girlie though I think!

    in reply to: Kris & Maple #24753
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!

    I thought I posted these but I guess I didn’t ! I tried the serp practice and the start line practice today. I’m really happy with the serp stuff because we struggled so much with that in earlier sessions! I’ll try and get some teeter stuff done later this week too.
    Let me know if I am doing the start line correctly I don’t want to mess this up this time!!

    in reply to: Kris & Maple #24360
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    I will definitely play the toy grabbing game with her because she thinks anytime is toy time! Since we are home I worked the wobble board backing up with her. I think you were right that’s exactly what we need to do!

    in reply to: Kris and Winn #24359
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Winn is doing so much better! We are still under house arrest but she isn’t limping at all!! X-rays and tick panel all negative. Since she is feeling better I decided to play the instant focus game with her. I wanted something that wasn’t hard or slippery and that I had plenty of if I lost it so I picked an egg carton! We just played in different places in the house for now but it definitely got more confusing to her as we moved around. I think I she thought I lost my marbles when we went to the garage !

    in reply to: Kris & Maple #24281
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Yesterday we worked on some plank stuff and some wing work. I think the plank is a little small but it’s the only one I have. We still struggled with the wing stuff too. I tried to be quiet and stay connected but I’m not sure what happened.
    I also worked the teeter game where they get on the end and let it hit, I don’t have video it didn’t work but I am struggling!! She doesn’t want to back on to it she runs up it and turns around and runs down. What should I do??
    Thanks!

    in reply to: Kris and Winn #24222
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Thank you for that feedback I will definitely try some of these ideas for her. I am very interested in keeping up her speed and confidence. Unfortunately this is how we woke up this morning. We have been to Al who did blood work and X-rays. She is thinking muscular so we will do laser and rest.

    in reply to: Kris and Winn #24152
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning Tracy!
    So this weekend I worked sequence 2 and 3. The video is a compilation of both of them taped as a baseline with the exception of trying two different openings on sequence 3. I wanted to have you look at these before I trained and taped again because honestly the only mistakes I found were mine! In sequence three the first time I didn’t show her 5 as a backside(but I remembered to keep running) and in sequence three both times I kept forgetting that FC before 9! I did notice she seemed very slow our first run but I am not sure why.
    Thanks! Let me know what ya think!

    in reply to: Kris & Maple #23984
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    I love how you explain things lololol! I completely understand “talk less, smile more”. I immediately had to listen to that soundtrack after I read this! I brought Mae to SOTC with me today so we worked on the counter motion thing a little. I think my position was wrong a few times but she did pretty good! And I was really happy with all her tugging with other dogs near by!
    Let me know what you think!

    in reply to: Kris and Winn #23983
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    I’m so glad you think you can help me with this start line! It’s a very stressful way to start our run!!
    To answer your question, I do 1 or 2 FEO runs every trial she is entered in and we always use a toy as a reward. She goes crazy, she gets so fast and her eyes get all crazy it’s so fun to see!! I had fixed her weaves this way but they are getting iffy again. I have only used the toy as a reward on the start line twice. It feels very clumsy I don’t think I’m doing it quite right.
    We played the start line games at SOTC today and also tried one of the short sequences. It was fun watching the video and trying to figure it out because that is a major weakness of mine!

    in reply to: Kris & Maple #23818
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Maple and I practiced a bunch of the week one games so we can catch up to our classmates. There’s a lot of video I’m sorry I try not to do that. I have a couple questions, one the lazy game she occasionally knocks an 8 inch bar. Should I worry?
    And everything went really well til that one step send and she started jumping over and on top of the tunnel lololol not sure why that was going on! I am starting to dial back all the appendages on her tug toy from when she was little and I think she isn’t as sure she loves it. Let me know what you think!

    in reply to: Kris and Winn #23814
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Winn and I were up at camp and then had a 3 day trial at SOTC. She made very clear to me what our weak points are in trial settings and I was hoping we could work through these with the CAMP games. First and probably most important, start line. She sneezes and stresses herself even though I don’t leave her for even a little bit of lead out anymore which leads to a lot of discombobulations for me trying to get where I’m going. Second, her poles. If she is feeling any pressure, poles get popped. And last our table has become very sneezeful and often avoided. So I figured a good place to start was the two transition to trial games?

    in reply to: Kris and Winn #23135
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    So I got an opportunity to practice standard course 2 and 3 on Saturday. I used the ready treat at the end of the weaves but I do think I was asking too much. I like your idea to go back and make things simpler. She was showing either stress or fatigue or maybe both trying to sort these out I think. She has a lot of confidence if I run ahead of her in the weaves but lateral is tricky. Let me know what you think!





    in reply to: Kris and Winn #23116
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Thanks for your feedback! I couldn’t figure out why she struggled with the tunnel one so much til I watched the video after your comments!
    Yes she has a very hard time on the start line so we will be playing all those games alongside Mae!
    We did the sequences the other day. She really really struggles with the weaves in trials. We have been doing tons of FEO which has helped so much but I see all her hesitation returning when I do these. Let me know what you think!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 140 total)