Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Kris and Ripple #97995
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Between CanAm, trips to Tarrytown and Wine Country I’ve gotten way behind I think. Can you tell me where I should pick it back up? I’m a little overwhelmed so I’m not picking any games which doesn’t help !

    in reply to: Kris and Ripple #97615
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hello!
    Back from white plains and round three of venom injections! This morning we tried the SSC part 2 and goat tricks part 2! I used a fit paws disc, I think she actually did better? I rushed the wrapping the cone too much I think. Her focus forward was good though I thought?

    in reply to: Kris and Ripple #97562
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!

    Would a blanket be ok for her to do the shaping on ? I think she would fit fine on that!
    We started the SSR game today. I used a little pumpkin basket but she had zero interest so I will have to try something else I think.

    in reply to: Kris and Ripple #97519
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hello!
    Today we worked on the wing wrap foundations and the baby goat tricks. She definitely wanted to play tuggies more then do shaping lolol.But we got there eventually! She loved the food in the bowl game of course 😂 All self respecting gsp’s love their food!!

    in reply to: Kris and Ripple #97476
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hello!
    We tried the decel game this morning and also a repeat session of the prop send which I think went a lot better. She’s very bouncy on the turns for decel lol I’m guessing that’s cuz I’m late to show her!?

    in reply to: Kris and Ripple #97253
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning!
    Thanks for the feedback! I tried standing up and it went much better! We practiced the focus forward and send to prop game today. My mechanics on the send game were off I think. I caught myself looking forward a bunch and a couple times I had her lined up sideways lol. But I do think we both got the hang of it by the end!
    She loves to tug toys so that one wasn’t too bad!

    in reply to: Kris and Ripple #97206
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    She’s getting there. We have 4 more weekly trips to white plains then monthly for a year. It’s about 4.5 hours each way. But anyway she is also very smart and confident and crazy lol! Very different than Mae! Here’s our first pre game stuff:

    in reply to: Kris, Mae and Huck #82636
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We tried the focus forward warm up
    Today and I think I discovered I don’t have it lol. I was able to cue the jump ok but I don’t think either of them really looked to the jump with out me stepping towards it and flinging my arm a bit. They are both very handler focused as a general rule I think.

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #64878
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    I went back to try the blind on the take off side like you suggested. Once I showed Mae what we were doing she loved it (imagine that!) I felt like I got more independence on the obstacles out of Huck but I still couldn’t quite get the timing right on that blind.
    The wrap into the tunnel felt very awkward to me like I was in their way. A little bit easier with Huck I think cuz he doesn’t need so much jumping room.
    Let me know what you think!!!

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #64663
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    I am just starting to work on week 2, there’s a lot of material here and I don’t want to rush through it so I’ll probably be on this for awhile if that’s ok.
    For Mae, I was very late on my FC but got it done. What can I do to get some more time to be earlier? Def felt better doing the landing side.Also, Tina mentioned she often drops bars when there aren’t wings and she did do this here. Dont know if it the heat, my handling or other?
    On Hucks turn I ran into the same problem sending him right into the tunnel. Is this a training issue where he needs a little more independence on his obstacles? Also I see in the video my arms are flinging around.
    I only ran them those two times because it was hot again today, let me know what you think!

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #63751
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    That is one of the hardest things for me to understand. I am so comfortable doing a safe line that I don’t think I even understand how to walk fast lines. Will you help me with that? I think she would love it!!!
    I also realize as I watch my video back and how happy she gets when I praise her for the weavers that she needs that kind of praise a lot more often.

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #63692
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi!
    So when training the distance you said to reward far away, do you mean like throw her ball before the obstacle I am trying to get? Is this also a commitment problem?
    I tried the jumpers course yesterday and it was really messy. Neither of us could get in a flow at all. I know my cues and commands were late and I felt like there was probably way better ways to handle that then what I chose. I was super proud of her weavers tho!
    Lemme know what you think.

    in reply to: Kris and Mae #63643
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Sorry for the late start it was absolutely beastly here last week. So I filmed the hot topics in the barn and then the jumpers course today. Not very happy with either one honestly. The barn videos I have included. I think most of this was because while I was setting this up she was playing out in the pasture so she was hot and tired. She has a good start line but she comes off flat when I ask for it especially in a trial. We also can’t layer for beans. I’m not sure how to train that.
    We’ve done a ton of jump grid work so bars stay up much better but I find that I do very slow late rear crosses a lot to make sure she has room to land in places. I’d like to clean that up so she knows where she’s going and she has enough room but I don’t know how to do that! Anyway, those are my trial struggles. Here are the barn videos!

    in reply to: Kris, Huck and Mae #57319
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We snuck over to the barn to practice today! I set up the drive ahead sequence because that is something maple struggles with. And I think the only reason I got it with Huckleberry is because I could stay with him.

    in reply to: Kris, Huck and Mae #55385
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We worked our pattern games off and on all week. I think they were nice and focused at the barn and I left the doors open for distractions. I just worked sequence 1 and 2. I need so much practice on those openings in sequence 2 with Mae. In trials she usually shoots past me or knocks a bar. Huck had a much better stay than I thought he would! I’m not sure why I was getting wrong side of tunnel? Anyway, it was lots of fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)