Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Tracy And Ramen #44015
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Thank you for saying that!!! I’ve been feeling way behind and like he won’t ever learn everything he has to learn now! He did lots of life things over the holiday though – met kids and seniors, played with cousin dogs so hopefully that helps!
    Ramen is ridiculously adorable I love watching him!!

    in reply to: Kris and Huck #43996
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    So sorry it’s been so long and now we are way behind ugh! Thanksgiving and sickness and Winn to Cornell got me way behind. Today things were calm so we played some week 1 games. He is so much fun lol. Focus forward I think went good I tried to keep my mouth shut! I think the decel one went ok too but I used cookies that were too dark for the rug so he struggled a little. The food bowls one went good after he got the hang of it .

    in reply to: Kris and Huck #43164
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    He is just so much fun! I’ve never done max pup with a terrier before!
    We tried the baby level of focus forward and also the second pregame. I think I was talking to him too much again! I talk to him all the time I gotta work on that lol. He loved pounding on his toy and hitting the index card tho!

    in reply to: Kris and Huck #42849
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning Tracy! Hers a quick clip of Huck’s first pregame with a baseball hat as his prop. He loves to tug on his giant dead thing lol.
    We will work the hand touch a little bit later today.

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #39386
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Wanted to get this posted since I’m heading to camp for 5/6 days and we will be swimming hiking and kayaking but no agilities!
    So I dropped the bars, taped the walk through tried to stay connected and did the rewarding! Sure felt a lot better!! Her tail was wagging again and her head was up! Still lots to work on but that definitely seemed like it went better!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #39375
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,
    She is very tentative in the weaves. That is not a new behavior I think I didn’t train them correctly. She also weaves with her head up and smacks herself in the face at pole three a lot. I am happy to put the jumps down but I do have a question, how do I teach her to keep the bars up? Just on easy stuff for now? Or should I be doing jump grids?

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #39355
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi again!!
    Figured I would show you these too. They were the week three jumpers courses we did a couple of days after I tried the sequences. Her attitude was better here and the bars stayed up a little better but it still wasn’t a very good training session. I’m not sure what to do.

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #39352
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Ugh I need your help! These sequences didn’t go well at all. I’m working week three still. I think I stayed connected but bars were flying and her interest was waning. I tried to reward where I could. I’ve included every sequence so you can see them all. Total training time was only about 3-4 minutes though she seemed very tired. I know the bars are high but I didn’t ask her to do it too much and I don’t know how to get her to keep her feet up. I’m not sure if it’s lack of understanding or lack of confidence or what I need to help her with. I tried the jumpers course later on on this week up to Christine’s place and it went equally horrible. Do I need to back things up a little maybe?

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #39008
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We got to practice a little bit tonight. We ran the one and done sequence, part one. This was Mae’s first time having her friends at the barn to practice and she was definitely distracted lol. I included all of our tries because I think that’s the best way to learn even though the first couple were pretty poor. We need to work on focus and bars !

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #38087
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning Tracy!

    Yes I meant the threadle wrap. Definitely need to work on that in isolation for me to get my footwork and timing right.

    These videos are the standard course one for this week. The first video is our actual first run and it has lots of mistakes. I had a new toy which was too big and too exciting! I also modified the line after the teeter because she isn’t ready for weavers like that yet and then I forgot what I was doing. But I included it because you said this course is to help us get it right the first time! I need that help lol.
    Our second attempt went much better I think. We struggled to keep the bars up when she was ahead of me but they stayed up when I was ahead.

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #37934
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    Thanks for the info! I still have a question on that wrap at 13 on course one. What should my person be doing? Should feet be going forward and chest facing her? Or should I stop motion til she comes into me or everything facing forward?

    I definitely agree I have to fix my timing to keep her bars up. It’s so hard to remember to tell her what’s coming next when I get wrapped up watching the pretty brown dog taking the jump lol. She shows up a lot faster then I think she will.

    I also went o the barn this morning to start the layering. This isn’t a skill I’ve ever trained before and it shows lol. This video is our first four tries. We stopped after that because it was so hot already.

    • This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Kris Hart.
    in reply to: Kris and Maple #37884
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning Tracy!
    I think we will sneak over to the barn before it turns 90 out to try the layering sequence! Christine invited us to play on a couple full courses Friday night. I was thrilled with how she did for being so young!! The mistakes I believe were all timing on my part. On course 1 I couldn’t get that wrap figured out at all lol. On course 2 the blind in the opening was really hard for me, so therefore for her too and she took the tunnel a couple times and slipped once. For the most part, I think she did pretty good for a baby dog!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #37699
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Ok thanks! I’ll add that into our training games! We tried the first two sequences, just two times each this morning. It went ok, but I didn’t like how my start felt. It felt slow and she questioned me quite a lot on the second sequence. I also got that bar on two out of four tries so I know I was doing something there but not sure what it was. She loved having the lotus ball thrown forward for her!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #37515
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Morning Tracy!
    I will definitely practice that turning cue some more this week without the other jump. I have a question – what is the best way to teach a go go go! I found out this weekend at our trial that I need it bad because she is way faster then me and she is still very dependent on my motion when I say go because she kept head checking even tho I was saying it. And I was a bit behind lol!

    in reply to: Kris and Maple #36730
    Kris Hart
    Participant

    Hi Tracy!
    We are headed to our ADK camp tomorrow for a week so I wanted to dig into the sequences today and give it a try. So cool what you see when you make yourself stop and think about what needs to change in between each run!
    In sequence 2, I finally got the turn when I started turning before she went in and slowed down. I did throw her name in too was that ok?
    In sequence 4 I was getting the #4/9 bar. I think when she dropped 4 I had turned too much for her understanding? Pretty sure I got number 9 cuz the wrap cue was super late?
    We will not have any equipment to practice til we get home, it’s a hiking swimming kinda place, but I will have internet so I can go over everything!
    Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 140 total)