Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & Muso #47592
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Is there going to be any training around measuring? All of my dogs hate it and I need to get on top of it ASAP!! I feel like it’s a resiliency thing as much as it is a trained behaviour. Thoughts?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46994
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    That would be fabulous. Thanks!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46731
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Medial shoulder syndrome.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46724
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant


    Backside Slice – still having troubles


    Getting there…


    Feet pointing in the right direction. What’s the difference in positioning for a lap turn vs a threadle? What cue would you use?


    Stay



    Trying to crank up the speed.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46718
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    So for River, it is indeed a shoulder injury. At least that mystery is solved. We are on 4 weeks of low activity and then we will be working to strengthen it afterwards. She is hoping River can get back to agility by the summer! …at which point we need to fix our weave problems.

    in reply to: Offline tomorrow (Feb 17) #46715
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,
    When is the last day to post?
    Jen

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46206
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    She turned both ways when we tested it, so the trainers decided that she should turn left. I was practicing at home and I think when she got tired on the left side she started turning right! I was sitting on the floor, so it’s possible that I cued it (I was wondering that at the time), but I think it’s more likely I had overdone it and she was getting fatigued and switched to right.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46197
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant


    Serp

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46196
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    That is so fun! I just couldn’t be happier with her. I cant wait to unleash her skills in a bigger space.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46179
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant


    Decel


    German Turn foundations


    Send Out

    I thought the stays were much improved here.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46029
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Wing Wraps

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46028
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Marker Cues (when used correctly):
    Shhhhew = chase toy or food (used reliably outdoors and questionably indoors)
    Get it = bite toy in hand (often used for ALL of the other markers at some point 🤦‍♀️)
    Pounce = get ‘dead’ toy
    Catch = catch toy or food
    Find it = reward (usually food) is lost somewhere on the ground, keep looking
    Scatter = find many treats on ground
    Goooood = stay put, food coming to you
    Yes = …I have no idea any more, but I think it’s become: come to me to get food 🤷‍♀️

    Your previous question about stays: ‘needle’ is adorable! It’s actually ‘middle’ as per Absolute Dogs, but pronounced meeeeeedle. She learned to charge in through the front and flip around and it was messing up our leg weaves, so we’re slowly retraining it.

    As for the release on the hand cue, I do that on reward markers too. I need to work on that. I think a Podcaster gets their clients to say “banana” in their head before releasing for start lines; I’ll have to try that again. Do you have any high tempo (Broadway) songs I can sing to get a beat going?!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #46014
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Stay Part 2

    Rocking Horse

    Serp

    Threadle

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #45942
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant


    Find my face


    Stay: Part 1

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #45834
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Mini Pinney – larger gaps

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 344 total)