Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & Muso #48548
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Serp serpety serp serp. I thought I had it split down enough but we still had an error. It was better though. I changed to a left turn and it all fell apart! I was so surprised that she flanked the whole thing since she didn’t do that with the open jump on the right turn. We were fighting the wind and the wing were flying, so I’ll have to revisit this one another day.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48502
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Find the jump

    Wing Handling

    Serps

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48445
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    The first night we did this she was PERFECT, even on the more advanced pattern. And now…

    Set Point. She’s landing equal distance from take-off, but not in the middle. 5.5 feet apart, 6″, 8″, 10″ on second jump.

    Serps – still a struggle, but better. I moved the toy and rotated the jump a bit. Should the toy be in line with where the jump bar would be if the jump was flat?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48359
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We struggled here. She was slightly better outside. If I put the toy on the ground, she’d bypass the jump and go for the toy. If I held the toy, she would pause before the bar.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48129
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Set point: 5.5 feet
    1. Stationary toy x2
    2. Moving toy x2
    3. 8″ bar, moving toy x2

    More tunnel turns and GO. HOW DO YOU MAKE IT GO STRAIGHT?!? Was it the fence? She could rocket out to a placed toy, but I couldn’t get her to take the wing on the right side without the toy planted out there.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48100
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hi Tracy, thanks for all of the feedback!

    I forgot to post the distances and height of the set Point. Let me know if this changes your advice:

    First reps: 5 feet apart, both bars 6″
    Changed to 6 feet apart, both bars at 6″
    Changed 2nd bar to 10″
    If you think the bars should be lower than 6″, I’ll switch to my wing jumps or bumps. Let me know. Thanks!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48087
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Set Point

    Pill Bug

    Tunnel Handling

    We got the tunnels out just for you! It’s pretty wet still, but the snow is leaving!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #47890
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Ok!! That’s great!!! Phew indeed. I had to send both my dogs off with Kyla when they had to be measured since they would behave better for her!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #47889
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Did you shave her?! How did she measure?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #47842
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I will review it but I wasn’t going to film it. We’ve done it a lot. The rear jump doesn’t go lower, so I’ll have to get another one. The distance e was 4 feet, then I moved it to 5 feet. We did some of this in the summer at 5 feet, but the reward target point was always stationary and the handler moved. Won’t the moving target change their jumping mechanics?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #47766
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    And your friend is getting a FABULOUS puppy. I’m almost envious. I’ve already considered another one because she’s so great. And also this lady I know keeps getting puppies and trains them to do All The Things and she makes it look easy 😉

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #47765
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I think this is looking pretty good!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #47655
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Smiley Face National Chamionship….OMG I love it. It should definitely be a thing. What was your take on the barking?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #47628
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Wrap proofing. Not the most successful performance.

    Lazy game parts 1 and 2:

    Smiley Face rocking horse:

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #47597
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    LOL! I *may* have heard of a couple of people who trained their dogs to crouch…

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 344 total)