Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & Muso #49723
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    All signed up for Ninja Weaves, thanks! It’s lucky that I already had channel weaves and weave guides from when I was trying to solve this problem last summer.

    Here are some jump grids from Muso.

    Handling

    in reply to: MaxPup 3 info! #49617
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hi Tracy, the form link says it’s not accepting responses. I presume that means it will also open on May 16?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49616
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hi Tracy, thanks for that feedback.

    Do you have any recommendations for someone who could help me solve River’s weave problems? She’s doing well with her shoulder injury, and we should be clear to get back to training in the next couple of weeks!

    Muso is looking forward to MaxPup3!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49609
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Backsides.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49297
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    This session was a little long, but I felt we were starting to get it by the end. I was trying to move more slowly, like you said, but I think maybe I wasn’t giving her enough handler motion for a lot of the wrong entries? Also, she has learned to love tunnels, LOL, so we’ll have to do a bit of unlearning.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49228
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Turns out I made all the edits and then they all layered on top of each other!!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49193
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    She liked the handling games at 8″! Here is some lap turn work from the same day. We also did tandem turns, but didn’t get it on video. It went well!
    https://youtu.be/-NIE1aj-p8c

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49155
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Handling fun!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49019
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Zig Zag – Finally coming together!

    Rear crosses – YAY!! I think I was pretty late to start on the left turns, but I think we’re getting it.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48898
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Almost 30°C here, there’s snow in the forecast on Tuesday!!

    Rear crosses. Why is it SO HARD??

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48743
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I didn’t ask for double wraps, but this is coming along!

    Serps…because you just can’t get enough

    Tried to do a few more exercises today, but her brain had melted.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48737
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Tracy,
    Two things:
    1. Can you recommend someone online to help me retrain River’s weaves?
    2. Is it possible to start to show the ‘final product’ or set up concept before the “how-to” part of the videos? Ex: the serp set-up (wing, jump, reward placement) was so much easier to understand when you explained the full serp set up. There are lots of potential serp scenarios, so it was helpful to know which type of set up you were thinking of – you explained it partially in the live class, and the reward part in my forum post. I can work more effectively at home when I get the idea of how the final behaviour would look, beyond the scope of the exercise. I am envisioning like, a map example and then the obstacles disappear to leave the actual exercise set up. I know you sometimes show the “big dog” version at the end. Angles are really hard to interpret in the videos sometimes. I love that you have started to change your filming angle within one session so that we can see what the dog sees and what the handler sees. It makes a big difference!!
    Thanks

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48634
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Left turning serps

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48620
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!


    The backside wrap problems were all me, I’m sure.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #48615
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Serps and Threadle Proofing

    L/R Mini Pinney – we are finally making some progress. The first time we did this was a disaster.

    Ladder Grid 5.5 feet between jumps. Bars on ground, except the 3rd at 4″. Toy approx 15 feet beyond last jump.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 344 total)