Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & Muso #52261
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #52205
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Weird about the sound. I don’t have sound either.

    As for jumping, I have raised her as high as 12″, and she ran 8″ in the fun match. I have jumped her at 16″ in a set Point grid (going up and down in 2-4″ intervals within one session. Where should we start at this point?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #52149
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #52061
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #51908
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Ok, that makes a lot more sense. I will be getting into the teeter course with her soon. Thanks for the opportunity.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #51869
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    You mean the weave course? That would be great!! Thanks ❤

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #51834
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Teeter fun

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #51773
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    The early shoulder turn worked really well. I’m in so much trouble with this little girl!

    Teeter

    BC

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #51733
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We go faaaaaasssssst…
    Lazy Game

    Wraps

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #51658
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Thanks! It was a feat of mindset this time around; he was doing horribly on the first day! I wasn’t sure we were going to get even one clean run. River qualified for Nationals too! 18th out of 60 in 20″ regular. Shoulder injury is healed.

    LOL, I will let Kyla know that ice cream sculptures are required.

    The jumps are 15′ apart:

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #51524
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Lazy Game

    Mountain Climbers

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #50348
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hi Tracy,

    I have registered for a fun match with Muso this coming Sunday, May 28. She is in at 8″. It will be two Starters Standards and a Starter Jumpers. We won’t do weaves or contacts. Do you have any suggestions for an area of focus? Here is my list so far:
    1. Engagement
    2. Start line protocol
    3. Happy crating ringside/car
    4. Wraps, L/R, Threadles, Lap/Tandem Turns, GO
    5. Short sequences (3-6 obstacles)
    6. Toy on ground (not in my hand) and small sequences, then send to toy.
    7. Decompression

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49912
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Jumps 6 feet apart, then 9, 12, 9, 6. Moving target.

    Lateral Lead Out. Admittedly, although I reviewed my notes before we started, they weren’t as precise as usual, so I think I was doing this right for the Advanced level, but I might have missed something.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49860
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    It’s funny; no sooner had I read your response about deleting social media, then Muso’s breeder messaged me and asked when she was going to start trialing! They’re doing a breeding with Grifter’s sister and Smidgen, puppies due soon.

    Backside Slice

    Backside Wrap

    Lateral Lead Out

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #49747
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    She is speedy fast and SOOOOOOO fun. I didn’t realize that you can buy that 😉 I already want another one. As for the baby dog NFC, I am game for anything. She can’t do NFC in AAC until she is 18 months, so that would be the fall. I can go to fun matches, though. Is it different in UKI? PLEASE let me know what you think I should do with her to get us to the top of our game. I have a full set of equipment and I will do whatever course, seminar, etc. that you recommend. Blunt feedback is fine if you think we’re off track or missing some foundations and need to go back.

    We audited a seminar on the weekend and they strongly recommended gates and fences near jumps to ensure success to shape the turns and wraps. I think most of my cues are late at this point, but I am worried that she is ‘getting away’ with turning wide and I don’t want to have to fix it later. I think we’re both too new as a team to make decisions about when to use tools like that. Thoughts?

    So far, the channel weaves and guides are helping her confidence, but she also has springs for legs, so she is just as happy to jump over everything or run around the whole set up so that she can go faster! We’re breaking it down, so I think she’ll be fine. As long as she can go fast, she’s in! River was a hot mess on it, but he brains fall out when cheese is involved, so we will do a lower value reward next time. It’s the high head that is the main issue when she starts weaving; it messes everything up and she barks like a maniac. I hope Karen has some thoughts on that.

    Karen says that she wants the dog to look at her as it exits the weaves to receive the next information, so the reward is delivered from my hand. I guess we can fade that into directional cues once she knows her job? I will ask her when we get further into it. We’re starting about 4 weeks into the course, so I will have to balance my need to progress and the availability of feedback with her actual progress, and not rush things!

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 344 total)