Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantWe were really struggling with the left turn on the wing.
Zigzag
-
This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by
Jennifer Cresswell.
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantI will keep working the lap turn stuff. That all makes sense. Unfortunately, I have been suffering with ‘frozen shoulder’ for the past few months and I can’t extend my left arm or reward with it 🙁 I’m trying to be careful not to jar it, and it’s messing up my handling. The prognosis for recovery is a cheery 1-3 years!!! So I will keep working around it. Just keep telling me what you would normally say and I’ll figure it out. Just thought it might provide some insight.
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantLap/Tandem Turns. Should I be working on tightening up these turns, or will that come with experience? My footwork was not the best here.
SOMEONE left the teeter target plate on the teeter overnight and SOMEONE ELSE chewed it to pieces in the morning, so we’re improvising until I can make another one.
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantBeen away for a week, but it seems Muso has been studying…
Discrimination
Lead Out
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantWe started with more simple targeting with no movement or toy.
We did a few reps of Go, Left, Right before we started the rear crosses.
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantThis one’s a little long. Should I be moving the bars up from 6″ at this point? I know you usually want to bars low when we’re working new skills. What do you look for to increase height? I know most of the pups her age are already jumping 16″ (EVERYONE in Ontario got a sport mix around the same time!) . She is approx 15.75″ at the shoulder.
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantJennifer Cresswell
ParticipantJennifer Cresswell
ParticipantJust for fun: a little UKI @ Home snippet featuring Kyla & Muso at 8″ I think (this was Lennan’s Jumpers course)
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantNow we can’t turn right! Oy.
-
This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by
Jennifer Cresswell.
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantHi! Thanks for that. Great seminar last night.
I was wondering if you could answer my question for retraining? For River, I’m going to try the two bowls technique to encourage her to focus on the weaves and be happier about it. Her course is going really well and she’s doing fabulously, but still stops dead and barks in a trial, or she stops and then walks past the first few poles. I’m doing a lot of FEO from now on, but it’s so strange that she’s so confident now, but she still can’t do them in the ring. The question is this: should I change the cue as we hopefully change the CER and her confidence with the two bowls game?
For Muso on the teeter, due to her size (approx 19 lbs), should we do 2o2o? I feel like that might be clearer for her, like Hot Sauce, and also easier props-wise, since sticking things to the teeter isn’t the most transferable prop. She seemed to want to offer 2o2o at the start. Thanks.
Jennifer Cresswell
ParticipantJennifer Cresswell
ParticipantJennifer Cresswell
Participant10 Inches
12 Inches
BONUS CONTENT:
Jennifer Cresswell
Participant -
This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by
-
AuthorPosts