Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & Muso #55668
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    She went into heat at 12 mos, but not since then. Also, Morgan let me know last night that her breeder wouldn’t approve either of your boys. She may let leave her intact, but she will pick the male. So I’ll have to decide what to do with her. Thoughts?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55654
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Thank you so much for your insight. We can definitely start using the leash…duh…we’ve done that with other dogs. As for the guarding behaviours, we are working to manage it at the moment and are definitely trying to grab it away once she’s abandoned it. The other dogs are sneaky 😉

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55600
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We’ve worked on this since she was a baby. I think it’s paying off!

    Our current issue is that she doesn’t come down enough to rest. She can self-regulate to think and do things, no problem, but she really struggles to relax. It’s gotten tons better over the past year: we’ve gone from car sick and stressed, to whining if the trip is too long, to parking on site and screaming in the car crate no matter what, to settling outside in a crate if I am not in sight, to settling in the car if the car doors are closed. She is fine on leash or tied, but the crate is tough at a venue.

    She also doesn’t settle easily at night. She is trained/exercised, does a food scatter in the lawn, then bows for stretching, then a chewie, and sometimes a food puzzle, but she won’t stay focused on the chewie and brings us toys and balls non-stop for 2-3 hours (we don’t usually touch them) before she finally gives up and settles down for the night. She can focus on puzzles and kongs, but won’t necessarily settle afterwards. Thoughts?

    She’s 20 months and has started getting possessive of chewies in the last few weeks. She’ll leave it and walk away, but no one else can go near it, or sometimes she’ll see it on a shelf from across the room and start growling at the other dogs who aren’t even moving or near it. She may be going into heat soon, so I hope it’s just that…

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55496
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant
    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55257
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We will be trailing again in Nov.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55256
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Yes, that Merle pointy is Muso’s cousin. They are all amazing. You did beat them, I was chatting with Morgan right afterwards. LOL.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55223
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Also, we practiced the pattern games with visitors at the door and when the other dog got to play puller rings outside and Muso was whining at the window. The camera didn’t record of course, but she responds extremely well to food and toys and reorients quickly in these situations. We also worked on it at Canadian Tire with an array of moving, singing, stuffed creatures.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55208
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Also, at CanAm, keep an eye our for Qwik, Muso’s grandfather. Looks just like her but a tiny bit more whippet (still small). He just came off setting a world record at the dock Nationals and winning first!!!! Morgan Jarvis, his owner, is the person who could convince Musos breeder to change Muso’s contract. They are close. It would be a good connection to make. Their team is “On the Fly”.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55207
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Attempt 2, in the cold, November (almost) rain! LOL



    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55206
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here is an FEO from 3 weeks ago. Starters Jumpers.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55188
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    No worries about the delay.

    I feel like she is SO FAST that I can’t even get moving or I’ll be late on my cue and she’ll be gone! I definitely need help here. I’m just starting to get it right with River. 🤦‍♀️

    She did a lot better today, so maybe we both had to sleep on it. I think I will redo these and try to run more. I will definitely need some distance skills on her, but it can’t be only distance!! It’s trial by fire for both of us.

    If it’s not raining tomorrow, I’ll film them again.

    Keep telling me what I need to know. She will be spectacular if I can figure this all out.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55159
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Edit: I’m so sorry about how long some sequences take to get going. I told my videographer to capture the ‘before run’ bits and didn’t check the videos before I uploaded them. I’ll trim them better in the future. Good luck at CanAm!

    Opening Sequences




    in reply to: Jen & Muso #54030
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #54017
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    She’s a clever baby.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #53957
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We seem to be having increased difficulty with a variety of skills at the moment. She may be getting ready for her next heat, also my crew is passing around kennel cough, and she’s 18 months, so her brain may be temporarily off-line. We’ve taken a few steps back on stay, teeter skills, and general focus. And my handling skills are definitely not ready for her!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 344 total)