Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & Muso #63545
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Ok, we tried again. It was a fun game of: Get through the course before the wind knocks it all down (again).


    Sooo close, but we got some RC in.

    Muso stole my phone and ordered on the “Skip the Handler” app and got this one to run with her:

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #63525
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here are our first attempts at the Jumpers course. From Kyla: you need to trust her on the 180 and get moving up the line!


    in reply to: Jen & Muso #63410
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    >>She is capable of turning tighly, but prefers to turn wide and flank out because GOING FAST IS LIFE.>

    >>Is she going past the jumps after going wide?

    She goes past the jumps, yes.

    >>AGREE!!! She is way too fast for you to wait and adjust. One thing we can do is always have you keep moving and rewarding the next line if she gets it. So big value for driving to the next line (and not going wide) and a response cost for not finding the next line.

    Can you clarify what you mean by ‘response cost’?

    >>I did a blind in the demo of that, mainly to keep moving so I wouldn’t get stuck behind 4. Is the blind riskier than the FC, because we have to take our eyes off of the dog in front of an off course tunnel? Yes! But it allows us to move through it more quickly and set the line to 5 sooner.

    I tried the blind in the next video I posted. It worked great, but I’d be nervous to plan for it – one moment too late and she’d be in the tunnel.

    Oh! Pam is coming to Ontario with Tweeker – she’s going to run UKI with us. 🙂 Are you still planning to come to that Flyball tournament in July? I was planning on coming out if you were going to be there.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #63408
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here are the other Hot Topic sequences. Apparently I got a little mixed up with two of them and started in the wrong direction.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #63386
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here is our first go. She has good offered obstacle focus, but she often cues off my movement, so we spent some off-camera time reinforcing the stay. Sequence 1

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #58046
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Sequence work:




    in reply to: Jen & Muso #57176
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Driving ahead:

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #57175
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Tunnel discriminations – round 2:

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #56754
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    So far so good on the seminar. I did try to break it down several times in the first session, but I edited out a lot of the break down parts. I guess I was probably stuck on “but she can doooo thiiisssss” and didn’t quit when I should have. I was smart enough to go in and have a big nap before we tried it in the second video, so we were both in better shape. Darkness, rain, wind and lack of time is not helping me make good choices.
    I SOLEMNLY SWEAR TO WATCH MY VIDEOS AFTER ONE ERROR. Thanks, coach.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #56723
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Today’s episode of “How the F*$& Do I Run This Dog?!”
    Part 1 – I think that I was probably late on the turns each time, and somehow still not moving… I found that by the time I turned enough to get her attention I was headed WAY off the line and I could barely see her!

    Finally, some progress!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #56718
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    We will be doing two different seminars this weekend. It’s currently super dark, windy and rainy around here, so it’s been tough to get out to do the drills.

    Any advice for the seminars, other than keep moving!, lol? Mostly young dog handling. Jumps and tunnels only.

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #56454
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Day 2: we tried to do all of the things you said. You’ll get a kick out of her absolute SHOCK when her toy walked away WITH SOMEONE ELSE!!!!! After that, she had no brains at all. I wasn’t sure how to even reward her since she didn’t respond to a single thing I asked for. Advanced was our most put-together run. The day ran in this order:
    Tunneler Charity Run

    Master Jumper

    Advanced Jumper

    Starter Jumper

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #56385
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Here is our work from our home-base trial: day 1


    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55943
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Mid-course runs. She’s used to me putting the toy on the ground, but I don’t usually put it in my pocket at home. I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head when I tucked the toy in my pocket!

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #55691
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I think it has to do with size and also the mix in Contraband. Morgan knows your dogs are good; she likes Julie’s dogs. There are always politics. I will need to reach out to her to see if the contract can be extended. Morgan said the breeder would want to choose the stud. I don’t know anything about breeding, so I don’t think I’ll get any say.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 344 total)