Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Jen & Muso #65694
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Ok, so we’ve reviewed feedback and videos and we’re trying again.
    Hot Topics

    Standard 1

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #65544
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hot Topics 5

    Standard Courses

    I rotated the jump behind the dogwalk because she doesn’t have that skill yet.
    Walk-Through 1

    Walk-Through 2

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #65311
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Doing thing in reverse. Here are Package 4 Hot Topics:

    And #4 once more to try something different:

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #65285
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    These Jumper runs are dedicated to the laundry list of skills we have yet to train, most notably, ‘jumping or weaving towards an obstacle or wall’.


    in reply to: Jen & Muso #65202
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I tried to just walk it and then run it. I got caught a few times not trusting her on the tricky bits. The contacts are new for her, so I’m also trying to make sure she doesn’t break herself!!
    Standard 1

    Standard 2

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #64928
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    This one kicked our butts and I had to give up. This is our last try (3rd Try I think) after a lot of messing around in the tight group of jumps and getting really frustrated. I don’t think we have the skills to get 16, unless I’m missing something…

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #64773
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    I couldn’t get her to take jump 2 on my right from a long lead out, so we switched to a blind.
    Jumper 3-2

    2nd Try

    3rd Try

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #64729
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hot Topics 3

    Jumpers 1 – 1st Try

    Jumpers 1 – 2nd Try, aka: not pretty but we got it

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #64550
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Package 2: 2nd Jumpers course. I cut off the first part where she missed jump 3, but we didn’t seem to miss it once I clarified it for her. We really struggled with the left turn after the first tunnel, and I had to stay so close to it that I wasn’t happy with my handling on the jump after the turn; we never really sorted it out.


    in reply to: Jen & Muso #64097
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hot Topics 2 drills and Jumpers course 1


    Should I be concerned with how wide she’s turning?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #64024
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Hot Topics 2

    We have learned a Zip Zip (turn away backside wrap), but I’m struggling to clarify it for her. She often slices instead of wraps. How do I make the correct jump clear to her and how do I clarify that she should always wrap on this cue?

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #63774
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Standard 2 – 3rd attempt, but the video was bad on the first two…

    The live class sequences. I thought you said we could submit them, but if not, no worries!


    in reply to: Jen & Muso #63623
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Ok, thank you 🙂
    Here you go!

    2nd try by first visualizing where her head should be as we go (as suggested)

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #63586
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Yay flyball!! I am looking forward to seeing you 🙂

    in reply to: Jen & Muso #63585
    Jennifer Cresswell
    Participant

    Oooooookaaayyyyy, so we struggled with the standard. We got all of it, just not in one piece. Opening was really tough for us; she kept heading from 1 to 6. I struggled to get to 11 to get the wrap and my timing was all over the place for 18, 19.
    The video is 3:35, with lots of starts and stops. Do you want me to pull out the main pieces, or do you want to see all the bits?

    I definitely saw some windows, but when I do I feel like I’m just standing around watching her and then I’m late to get moving to the next thing. The handling always looks fabulous. How do I combine waiting, watching, and moving?!?!?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 344 total)